IGNORED

Xbox One Console Thread

mushashi

Can someone with more tech savvy post a video from YouTube here - major Nelson talking to some red haired woman - he says inter alia no denial of access to all your games if banned, plus you can connect the 360 via the hdmi input.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/06/15/major-nelson-takes-xbox-one-questions-says-banned-users-will-a/

In among that there is the excellent answer to the question about what happens down te line when authentication servers get switched off.

I'll get the real answer, I just don't know it yet.

That is the sort of answer xbox support should be giving, and compiling those questions into a list for management to respond to. If MS had done better on communications they would be in a much better position right now.

And it has a power brick. Which was pretty much a huge logistical pain in the arse with the 360, sure the pain was lessened with Kinect. But I'm still pretty worried about why it has one. It's big enough to probably fit a small child or a dwarf inside, so why not the brick as well, unless it was partly designed by Ballmer.

RIP Steve Ballmer. There are turtlenecks in heaven bro.

Why on earth is the new SS 360 £299.99 ? You don't even get the updated controller with the better d-pad.

http://www.zavvi.com/games/consoles/new-xbox-360-super-slim-250gb-matte-black-console/10817154.html

because Zavvi. Either that should have Kinect or they are just waiting for the others to start listing it - Neither Amazon or Shopto appear to be listing the new one yet.

When it was announced they said the price would be the same, although that may have been aimed at the US.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=591726

Sounds vaguely like MS might be looking into an offline mode which disables family sharing somehow. Major Nelson was literally on reddit asking people how to fix the Xbone, haha.

He also did this video ama:

He directly contradicts stuff others have said (losing your games when banned etc) and comes across as a douchebag lunatic wearing a stupid hat. Microsoft have utterly lost their minds.

Anecdotes... my Dad's girlfriend's daughter started talking about the Xbone today, she's an incredibly casual gamer who knows little to nothing about games, but occasionally dabbles in GTA, Saints Row, platformers etc. She was saying she'd heard the Xbone had loads of complaints and she was going to eventually get a PS4 instead. My Dad's missus chipped in that she'd read it spies on you, though she also declared all games to be boring and a waste of time (and then went back to watching The Voice).

On the region coding...

http://boingboing.net/2013/06/15/xbox-one-will-divide-eu-into-d.html

Microsoft's new XBox One will ship with region-locks that divide the world; yours will only work if it connects to the DRM server from one of 21 selected countries. The countries include some, but not all, EU nations, which is almost certainly illegal under the EU's strict common market rules. Here's hoping that Redmond gets a punitive fine big enough to clobber the program and scare the shit out of any other company contemplating similar idiocy.

Notably this "region coding" splits up the EU - most countries are in but some are out - and it also excludes Poland, the development home of The Witcher game series, a title Microsoft touted in its E3 launch presentation. Yes, that's right, the developers of this Xbox launch title will not be able to play the game they developed. I generally find it wise to assume that Microsoft are not stupid, but whatever their plan is, it's eluding me here. Sony was quick to announce that its competitive product, the PS4, would not be region-locked.

ffs!

Like said earlier- it is pretty common to do this at shows like E3, but to use nvidia power cards when the systems are AMD based is a bit weird.Apparently, the PS4 stuff(first party at least) was all running on actual PS4 devkits as people took pictures of a demo crashing out to the PS4 OS and devs confirmed they were using dev kits.EDIT- Driveclub, Infamous Second Son, Knack, The Witness etc all confirmed running on actual PS4 hardware. Out very own Rushy:XSUEUdd.png

Sure its common, but when rumours fly about the nvidia card inside those PCs being a 780 (which, for those who don't know, is almost the best nvidia card you can buy at the moment and costs 500-600 quid alone) you have wonder how the actual hardware well manage to run things like BF4@60fps as they were claiming..

See that reads like ip checks, they do it now with certain content so if they do it system wide you are totally fucked if you dont live in the 21 supported countries, they wont go forward with that will they?.

why not? They have made so much of a horlicks of it thus far, why stop now?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=591726

Sounds vaguely like MS might be looking into an offline mode which disables family sharing somehow. Major Nelson was literally on reddit asking people how to fix the Xbone, haha.

He also did this video ama:

He directly contradicts stuff others have said (losing your games when banned etc) and comes across as a douchebag lunatic wearing a stupid hat. Microsoft have utterly lost their minds.

Never seen major Nielsen on any thing before, but he comes across as a total Dick. And what a shite interviewer.

We need someone to go Paxman on these MS reps. Not all these sycophantic bloggers who look scared of saying anything difficult and laugh at all the bad jokes.

That's not stopped anyone on here yet! They were taking the piss out of this on the final e3 bombcast. How everyone is asking Xbox support, who deal with 360 only all these questions that they have no idea about and then going crazy on the internet about the answers like having no power button. The internet jumping to conclusions!? Is what I think they sarcastically remarked.

Because they should know and the fact they don't means they've been poorly briefed.

And the fact they've been poorly briefed implies that MS haven't a clue themselves about most of this.

And as Oogy says, literally everything that was a bad rumour before the reveal and E3 and that we were all saying was speculation.... turned out to be true.

So while a lot of this MAY not be true, the path so far of this console absolutely suggests we should be paying attention.

Or, you know, buying something or nothing else. I've been told by a good source I already have an offline gaming solution.

In fairness, the while family sharing thing is pretty awesome. You'll blatantly only be able to be a member of one family, and I still reckon that all the 'shared' games go into a single library (rather than 10 people buying games and having 10 shared libraries) as that acts as a naturally limiting factor. Even then it's still more progressive than anything else (iPads require the sharing of the main account details, not 10 different accounts).

Just a shame they've linked it with a load of absolute shit.

I can't help but feel there's someone over at Microsoft with their hands steady on the reigns, consoling themselves with the initial negative reports about the iPad ("why would anyone need one of those? I have a laptop") and seeing this as their device which will transform the company's image through massive success.

They're going to be very, very disappointed. :unsure:

Because they should know and the fact they don't means they've been poorly briefed.

And the fact they've been poorly briefed implies that MS haven't a clue themselves about most of this.

They're support for people who are having issues with their console. Why should they be briefed on a console they won't have to provide support for until November that has mostly been kept secret from high level people within Microsoft until the last month?

What they should be doing is saying nothing.

They're support for people who are having issues with their console. Why should they be briefed on a console they won't have to provide support for until November that has mostly been kept secret from high level people within Microsoft until the last month?

What they should be doing is saying nothing.

That's just it though, they should be saying nothing yet they are obviously pulling this from somewhere, so they must have been briefed unless they are just making it all up as they go along

For those thinking the family sharing let the owner and one or more other people play at the same time, Major Nelson confirms

that only one person in the library can play the game at a time, whether they are the owner or not.