Xbox One Console Thread

Arch Microsoft shill and prize dickhead Paul Thurrot trying to spin it.

http://windowsitpro.com/paul-thurrotts-wininfo/microsoft-vs-sony-dueling-e3-presentations?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+windowsitpro%2Fwininfo+%28WIN%3ENews%3EWinInfo+News%29

But it’s not all coming up PS4. Sony doesn’t offer the same range of amazing media services that Microsoft does, and it certainly offers no TV integration capabilities, as is possible with the Xbox One. These markets are much bigger than the market for console video game players.

Ultimately, E3 is just a slice in time, and one thing Microsoft has done well between its May reveal of the Xbox One and this week’s show is keep future customers in the loop about its plans. I expect this to continue, and that Microsoft and Sony will find the market not as lopsided this fall as was the coverage this week at E3.

It's not like all games will be 50gb though.

Probably will be before long, now that textures aren't being coded for the geriatric current-gen consoles. Max Payne 3 for example, yikes.

Yeah, but Thurott's an idiot.

Yep.

Here's the amazing TV integration of the PS4:

You pick up the remote and change the channel. Woo!

i really hope killer instinct doesn't hugely fail for my mates sake, he'll be buying an xbox one just for it and he can't wait! been waiting over 10 years and he aint going to miss out is how he put it.

as for me, i still would rather have an xbox but i'm going to keep my cards close to my chest on this one until they're both released, it'll probably come down to what most of my friends buy and what has the better games - but that tbh points at the xbox over the playstation for me but unless they remove the DRM crap and mandatory kinect it'll be hard to justify paying £80 more for an xbox designed to take the biscuit and i'd feel a bit of a mug afterwards..

decisions :(

So, for a whole what, three weeks(?) MS has kept people 'in the loop' about their plans. By 'in the loop' does Thurrott mean 'completely failed to address the mess of rumours they created through their own ineptitude'?

Yes, they've managed that supremely well for three weeks, so bravo to MS, they're certainly one up on Sony on that front.

A lot of games in the show were using smart glass. So how is that going to work if i don't have an iPad? Even if i do will it be a case of changing controllers every few seconds? Looked to me like the Xbox controller really could have used a Wii U style screen in it.

A lot of games in the show were using smart glass. So how is that going to work if i don't have an iPad? Even if i do will it be a case of changing controllers every few seconds? Looked to me like the Xbox controller really could have used a Wii U style screen in it.

It's also available on an Android phone. I reckon it could be an interesting tool in certain circumstances, but things like calling in a missile strike seem a strange usage. I expect it will be optional anyway.

Looking forward to seeing how it is implemented in Fable anniversary.

I thought the Microsoft conference was pretty good, though I felt like it was stupid to have Kojima there to say nothing if MGS isn't exclusive. Ryse looked nice but too much QTE, Crimson Dragon was pretty and has been confirmed to have controller support and I absolutely loved the Project Spark demonstration. Titanfall looks like a brilliant game, much more exciting than Destiny for me, but it's the same answer as eveyone else. Nice looking games but I can't stand the idea of the DRM, online check or paying for the Kinect when I don't want it. A shame seeing exciting and beautiful games on a machine I can't ever see myself owning. Especially Spark.

I'm bamboozled.

So what benefits are there to the Xbox over the PS4. I mean, I would have bet my bottom dollar that if Sony didn't go with the DRM they'd lose out on many big third party games. Has anything like that been announced? Do EA seem to favouring the Xbox or what? Because if they're not I don't even... How can you stamp out second hand sales by not trying to stamp out second hand sales?

Ryse
Sunset Overdrive
Killer Instinct
Forza 5
D4
Project Spark
Crimson Dragon
Dead Rising 3
Black Tusk Game
TitanFall
Halo 5
I'm pretty sure that's all they've got.

DR 3is the only thing on that list that I'm definitely interested in and that didn't even look like a proper Dead Rising Game IMHO.

Looked like another Day Z / State of Decay Zombie MMO thingy, as opposed to a totally bonkers B movie with novelty bosses and gameplay structure.

It's a shame really. Without the harebrained DRM and online requirements, we'd probably have been saying they'd had a good E3 presentation, even with a £429 console with built-in Kinect. More fool them...

I thought the Microsoft conference was pretty good, though I felt like it was stupid to have Kojima there to say nothing if MGS isn't exclusive. Ryse looked nice but too much QTE, Crimson Dragon was pretty and has been confirmed to have controller support and I absolutely loved the Project Spark demonstration. Titanfall looks like a brilliant game, much more exciting than Destiny for me, but it's the same answer as eveyone else. Nice looking games but I can't stand the idea of the DRM, online check or paying for the Kinect when I don't want it. A shame seeing exciting and beautiful games on a machine I can't ever see myself owning. Especially Spark.

Ryse
Sunset Overdrive
Killer Instinct
Forza 5
D4
Project Spark
Crimson Dragon
Dead Rising 3
Black Tusk Game
TitanFall
Halo 5
I'm pretty sure that's all they've got.

Only Sunset Overdrive then. Halo 4 was great and I'm curious to see where 343 take the franchise but Halo 5 ain't going to sell this console to me.

So here is a scenario i've been thinking about but cannot think how it will work

Xbox One, your HDD is full (because of mandatory installs) how can you delete a game but be allowed to re-install it later? Will this be possible?

I'd really like to think so but who knows.