IGNORED

Xbox One Console Thread

mushashi

Even the potential system seller (Titanfall) is coming out on 360 as well. They could get rid of the DRM, they could lower the price, but they're still left with a bigger box + Kinect. PS4 will fit into my set-up far more comfortably.

Now it's up to Reggie to pick up the scraps.

Well the plus side is that they've opened up comments again on the Xbox youtube channel (they closed it since the Xbone reveal), bad news is that they're being boned hard....

Titanfall: "Can I buy this game used?"

MGS5: "I'll be buying this with my PS4 that I got for $399."

"BRAND NEW MINECRAFT FOR XBOX ONE!!!

Buy now on PC."

So are developers going to be upset with this? Given how many of them have shut up shop in the last 2 years, were they actually quite pleased with what MS were planning? Which will now almost certainly be shelved, I'll bet a quid.

I have to say, in my opinion people would not have spent any more money on games, they would have just bought fewer. Or will buy fewer, on the offchance I lose that bet.

So are developers going to be upset with this? Given how many of them have shut up shop in the last 2 years, were they actually quite pleased with what MS were planning? Which will now almost certainly be shelved, I'll bet a quid.

After spending all this time explaining how completely ordinary it is and how it's all OK and cool and everything? HA! There's no way they come out of this looking like anything but cynical morons.

With the more expensive, slower console.

I have to say, in my opinion people would not have spent any more money on games, they would have just bought fewer. Or will buy fewer, on the offchance I lose that bet.

Given the potential audience Sony is about to serve up to them there are pluses.

Personally I'll be moving back to a console for this. There are other ways for devs to stay in business without fucking their customers over.

I do hope that Boozy, Jon, Sweaty Travolta, simm and that other guy are OK.

Hopefully they haven't gone Fully Aspel.

How have they STILL got the left thumbstick in the wrong place after all this time?

Someone at MS is having a long night being telt what's what by Mr Ballmer though.

I think Mr. Ballmer might be indisposed for some time. After the company dropping the ball with Windows Phone and Windows 8, this Xbox problem could see shareholders pouncing on the opportunity to get rid of him.

I feel so, so, so sorry for the guys at Capy. Especially since most of them seem to be massive Nintendo fans. How on Earth did they manage to get to that side of the fence?

I think Mr. Ballmer might be indisposed for some time. After the company dropping the ball with Windows Phone and Windows 8, this Xbox problem could see shareholders pouncing on the opportunity to get rid of him.

I feel so, so, so sorry for the guys at Capy. Especially since most of them seem to be massive Nintendo fans. How on Earth did they manage to get to that side of the fence?

Weren't they the guys that were just yesterday saying how impressed they were with Nintendo's approach to indies? Maybe I've got them mixed up.

Weren't they the guys that were just yesterday saying how impressed they were with Nintendo's approach to indies? Maybe I've got them mixed up.

Yup, and following them on Twitter for the last couple of months made their Xbone announcement a bit a of a shock.

I do hope that Boozy, Jon, Sweaty Travolta, simm and that other guy are OK.

I'm fine mate. I never said I was buying one anyway. I just wanted to be the island of optimism in the sea of hysteria. As long as I get to play Destiny I don't care which console it's on.

Thing is though, even though I'm not arsed about DRM, Kinect or always online, that price for a less powerful console isn't going to work.

I just don't want to have to use that fuck awful PS4 pad. Steam it is then.

I still don't think this is over though. Something's got to happen. DRM backtrack? Price drop? Kinect optional? Something surely...

I'm fine mate. I never said I was buying one anyway. I just wanted to be the island of optimism in the sea of hysteria. As long as I get to play Destiny I don't care which console it's on.

Thing is though, even though I'm not arsed about DRM, Kinect or always online, that price for a less powerful console isn't going to work.

I just don't want to have to use that fuck awful PS4 pad. Steam it is then.

I still don't think this is over though. Something's got to happen. DRM backtrack? Price drop? Kinect optional? Something surely...

Grasping and desperate to the last. The pad you've never even picked up, the designed by developers pad that's getting universal praise?

wer al yr opmisim go, jon?

Grasping and desperate to the last. The pad you've never even picked up, the designed by developers pad that's getting universal praise?

wer al yr opmisim go, jon?

The sticks are in the wrong place, dummy.

After years and years of using a Playstation pad, my fingers have adjusted perfectly adequately for it.

Honestly never had an issue with 'em in terms of ergonomics.

Always had a niggle about the responisiveness of the sticks, but again - you get used to it.

After years and years of using a Playstation pad, my fingers have adjusted perfectly adequately for it.

Honestly never had an issue with 'em in terms of ergonomics.

Always had a niggle about the responisiveness of the sticks, but again - you get used to it.

Yeah, I mean they have pretty much been in the same place for almost the past 20 years now.