IGNORED

Xbox One Console Thread

mushashi

Looks like I'll be the only one in the Dead Rising 3 thread then. Shame their policies have killed the talk that should be going on about the great exclusives they have shown.

Bit soon and perhaps childish for the title change, as if putting up with all those comedy posts aren't enough.

Give it a few weeks and we may well see a Tory style u-turn coming out of Redmond.

I'd imagine they'd have to. If they u-turn on the DRM/offline stuff, then it becomes more interesting.

But I think they're more likely to drop the price and try to persuade everyone else that the DRM etc is a fantastic idea.

I must admit, I was more impressed with the games I saw at the MS conference and the controller looks fantastic. MS DRM's do not effect me as I do not purchase used games and am online all the time but the £349 of the ps4 is a sweetener for the potential of more powerful hardware and indie games.

The last 10 mins of that sony speech will go down as e3 legend. We want to earn your trust and keep it, no signing in every 24 hours, we believe in used games, we're 80 quid cheaper. MS spine ripped right out and held infront of them. Imagine the bloodbath on the show floor..MS booths deserted.

Fuck me. Ciggy then bed.

I must admit, I was more impressed with the games I saw at the MS conference and the controller looks fantastic. MS DRM's do not effect me as I do not purchase used games and am online all the time but the £349 of the ps4 is a sweetener for the potential of more powerful hardware and indie games.

Yeah, in terms of games/exclusives, Sony didn't show me anything to make me really need their console. But their stance on used games and offline gaming along with the power of the console and the price make it awfully tempting.

It won't be a day one purchase for me though, not until I see some proper knockout exclusives.

https://twitter.com/tweeting_keith

Don't worry, ever since renouncing Sony he's been so pro-Microsoft that even Windows 8 sales numbers roll off him like water off a duck's back.

Seems Keith is pretty pro-Microsoft still indeed, he mentions the journalist articles and doesn't seem fazed by the DRM either, I wonder how many negs he would get on this place with his views, shame he stopped posting.

His Twitter feed is becoming a bit embarrassing now.

What other conferences are left for MS to save face at now? There's GDC Europe, and Gamescom?

Do we reckon Microsoft will backtrack all these issues, or are they so arrogant that they'll just continue on this insane crash course?

The amazing thing is (and I'm saying this as someone who got a 360 late last year) Microsoft even two moths ago had all this amazing goodwill. The new X-Box being the platform of choice was pretty much a no brainer for most prople here.

And they managed to piss that goodwill away in a period of weeks. Years of hard work totally lost.

Because they took their customers for granted.

Insert Planet of the Apes Liberty Statue on the Beach gif here.

I still don't get how Microsoft could have misjudged this as much as they did. Sure, a minor slip up would be one thing. But this was major slip up after major slip up. And then while the whole world was thinking "it better be f**king cheap" they go £429 and act like it's easy money.

I could actually accept the price if the DRM/online/mandatory Kinect connection weren't the case. I don't have a problem with including Kinect in the box, it'll mean that more developers will be able to utilise it's features to (hopefully) enhance some games.

But to be that much more expensive when you're not the most powerful console and have all this negativity surrounding your product? That's just ridiculous.