IGNORED

Xbox One Console Thread

mushashi

I can't wait for the tears when MS announce exclusive rights to forum fave games. E3 will be great.

If it happens -- and it's definitely a possibility, publishers may favour Microsoft's DRM approach or simply be bought off -- I'm not convinced it'd affect my PS4 pre-order. My pile o' shame is so great, and my gaming time so limited, that in a perverse way if half of the great games I might have bought were unavoidable to me it'd be a blessing. I could always hoover up the odd title on PC, assuming Microsoft could only lock down a console exclusive and not a platform exclusive.

I can't wait for the tears when MS announce exclusive rights to forum fave games. E3 will be great.

I'll be disappointed more than anything. I can get by the selling / renting / lending games to be honest as it won't affect me although I appreciate it's shit for those that it does. The 24/1 hour check-ins are my main bugbear. At least Destiny is multi format.

I feel like a madman having to post on every page that loads of stuff on PC, even on Steam, is totally DRM free. Pretty much all the interesting games are, in fact. Buy games from an indie devloper and often you will get a steam version and a non-steam version, and can do what you like with those files. Including giving them to someone else.

It's a weird myth that it is somehow endemic. But I guess comrade doesn't bother reading posts before weighing in with his recycled opinions.

I wasn't saying all PC games are on Steam or all Steam games have DRM, I'm supporting his rebuttal of the idea that Steam's success (which includes DRMed games) shows public acceptance of DRM.

Then you are a pathetic man, simms. I bet you can't wait to say 'butt hurt fanboys' can you? Go on, just say. Let it out.

Did you laugh when Wii U got Bayonetta 2? I didn't, exclusives of games that should be multiplatform are fucking tragic.

How's that so different from the shite you just posted and have filled this thread with lately ? Whilst I may be currently looked at as the daft xbox guy at the moment I can at least hold my head high and clearly state that I haven't been filling the WiiU or PS4 threads with shite attempts at humour in the hope of attaining some kind of credibility with equally like minded fanchildren.

First post of the day folks. Always sounds angrier than intended.

How's that so different from the shite you just posted and have filled this thread with lately ? Whilst I may be currently looked at as the daft xbox guy at the moment I can at least hold my head high and clearly state that I haven't been filling the WiiU or PS4 threads with shite attempts at humour in the hope of attaining some kind of credibility with equally like minded fanchildren.

I've posted three hype gifs and a picture of Orac in the PS4 thread, Boozy. I guess you could say they were shitty attempts at humour, but you'll have to point the others out. And I hardly post in the Wii U thread, last time was just after the Bath meet to say something about scottcr and swearing - but i did do a joke back in February about the Rayman demo. Maybe that's what you're thinking of.

Then you are a pathetic man, simms. I bet you can't wait to say 'butt hurt fanboys' can you? Go on, just say. Let it out.

Did you laugh when Wii U got Bayonetta 2? I didn't, exclusives of games that should be multiplatform are fucking tragic.

Oh dear, look at the rage in your post. It's funny to read.

I'm not a fan of platform exclusivity either as I was not planning on buying both next gen consoles but I may be forced to. If the rumours are true about fallout4 for the Xbox1 are true....

Oh dear, look at the rage in your post. It's funny to read.

I'm not a fan of platform exclusivity either as I was not planning on buying both next gen consoles but I may be forced to. If the rumours are true about fallout4 for the Xbox1 are true....

Don't worry, I doubt you'll ever be forced to own a next gen console. Even Microsoft wouldn't go that far.

I've posted three hype gifs and a picture of Orac in the PS4 thread, Boozy. I guess you could say they were shitty attempts at humour, but you'll have to point the others out. And I hardly post in the Wii U thread, last time was just after the Bath meet to say something about scottcr and swearing - but i did do a joke back in February about the Rayman demo. Maybe that's what you're thinking of.

Yeah you can't even see what I'm getting at here. So I won't bother trying to explain it further.

Sure, there will be major exclusives for Xbox One. I just won't play them. Is that a problem? Well, it might be for the publisher and/or developer of said game if I'm not the only one who thinks like that.

I really don't like this latest round of news and all jokes aside I probably would have bought the bone as I'm sure they will show some games I'm interested in. This latest stuff is just beginning to take the piss and unless the ps4 is exactly the same, I'm going to make the only effective protest in this situation and not buy the bone.

I'm actually quite surprised that I've come to this point. Quite a pointless and self involved post but still, I genuinely thought I was going to'upgrade' to the 720 as soon as it was even suggested.

For a guy who got mightily upset when people said nasty things about the PS3 a few years back, ol' Steev is not exactly covering himself in glory here.

Perhaps you should eat your own dog food old chap.

I really don't like this latest round of news and all jokes aside I probably would have bought the bone as I'm sure they will show some games I'm interested in. This latest stuff is just beginning to take the piss and unless the ps4 is exactly the same, I'm going to make the only effective protest in this situation and not buy the bone.

I'm actually quite surprised that I've come to this point. Quite a pointless and self involved post but still, I genuinely thought I was going to'upgrade' to the 720 as soon as it was even suggested.

If the PS4 comes out with the same shit, I think I'll be working through my pile of shame for a few years more. I don't think I could do it, but even if I never bought another game system from now till death and lost my internet, I'd still have more games than I'll ever need.

For a guy who got mightily upset when people said nasty things about the PS3 a few years back, ol' Steev is not exactly covering himself in glory here.

I'll tell you what, if Sony come out with the same DRM and online checks, or show some shitty game as evidence of next gen, I'll make some shit jokes about them as well.

Because heaven forbid people change.

I'm enjoying the fun of people taking the piss out of MS. But if Sony do manage to fuck up spectacularly, I'll enjoy that piss taking equally. Equal opportunities piss taking, but so far MS have been availing of the opportunity much more.

I'm enjoying the fun of people taking the piss out of MS. But if Sony do manage to fuck up spectacularly, I'll enjoy that piss taking equally. Equal opportunities piss taking, but so far MS have been availing of the opportunity much more.

Absolutely.

I cannot support this. Ill buy a decent PC, or a WiiU or just keep playing all my old stuff. I'm sure people will moan and say that it's cutting off your nose but I really can't think of much that I would honestly miss.

I'm far more content playing some indie retro-styled game than the latest blockbuster. Missing out on Shenmue III would be the only thing that would sting.

Absolutely.

I cannot support this. Ill buy a decent PC, or a WiiU or just keep playing all my old stuff. I'm sure people will moan and say that it's cutting off your nose but I really can't think of much that I would honestly miss.

I'm far more content playing some indie retro-styled game than the latest blockbuster. Missing out on Shenmue III would be the only thing that would sting.

The backlash will be worse imho, sony is being held up as the last great hope for the gamer, if they fuck this up it will be 100 times worse. So this is pretty much the first online only games console, i cant believe more isnt being made of this. Something like 30million 360s aint ever been connected to the internet. Ms better be very clear about this machine not working if you dont have any access to internet connection if they dont the stories will be massive after launch.

I'm sure a lot of the comments here (certainly mine) are borne out of a sense of massive disappointment in what MS thinks we want. As an Xbox owner for both iterations so far, this was my expected upgrade, but MS just haven't said anything yet that makes me think "Oooh, 'ello !".

They seem to be shooting themselves in the foot at every turn. The DRM stuff is bad, but then in the same week as the stories about underclocking they respond by releasing a trailer with a first look at a game, talking about the console being the most advanced ever. And then they show us LocoCycle. I didn't realise that it's an Arcade game, and I bet a lot of others won't either. All we can see is at best a 360-level game that doesn't showcase anything about One. I just can't fathom their reasoning at the moment.

Here's to E3, and hoping they prove me wrong.

Absolutely, I'm amazed at MS's missteps and the 24 hour verification thing alone is enough for me to boycott the Bone, but I find it difficult to believe Sony will be able to waive ALL of these draconian policies. Of course I really hope so, but still skeptical.

Am I right in thinking that even if a publisher wanted to release a DRM free game on the Xbone there's no mechanism to allow that? As far as I can make out the only input a publisher has is whether the games are tradeable or not.

If so, that specifically will enable an accountability gap between MS and publishers as this argument progresses. MS have been careful in their statement to emphasise how much this is due to publishers demands. When games get released and consumers start articulating their displeasure with this mechanism the publishers will simply point and say they can't do anything else on the Bone - they're tied into MS's infrastructure. MS will then reiterate that this was the system publishers asked for. And so on - you'll have this draconian DRM system imposed on the industry but no-one will be responsible for it. All by design, of course.

Im half expecting Ashton Kutcher on stage at E3, to tell everyone theyve been PUNK'D LOL!

Then the proper new console is revealed.

I almost said the same thing - parallel development of an all-in-One and a games only machine.

Whilst I understand the sentiment, skipping the bone and getting a pc is hardly sticking it to Microsoft is it? I mean, they're fairly involved in that realm too are they not?

It was never about "sticking it" to MS, but of not supporting their anti consumer policies and monitoring as is the case with the Xbone. The PC is an open platform, they can make games and accessories all they want and if they are good I'm sure people will buy them, because they can refuse to share personal details, not plug in a camera or internet connection, and because PCs are not a closed system that restricts your purchase to merely operating a license rather than owning a product.