rllmuk
mushashi

Xbox One Console Thread

In the extremely unlikely event that Fallout is exclusive, it will be a timed one.

Titanfall being exclusive makes sense since it is a new IP. Fallout sells in the MILLIONS and is a proven IP. It's not just denying the rest of the market over something trivial. MS either paid off hugely for an exclusivity period or it is to do with DLC.

• Upvote 1

Jon what is this crazy belief stuff you are talking about? That Microsoft are having production problems and have lowered the clock speed of the GPU? For the Internet that's a pretty fucking zen rumour.

Regardless of whatever informed decisions 'mukkers and GAFers make, this will create huge headaches for Joe Public. Imagine some harrrassed sales assistant in Game the week before Xmas, there will need to be some sort of checklist for them to run through first, e.g do you have a broadband connection?, do you want to buy and sell second hand games, etc etc. It will be a nightmare.

This is a very good point. Even on here people have had to explain how PlayStation Plus works about a billion times, and that's relatively simple in comparison.

Come on man, you must admit this has gone beyond rational thought for most people.

Sure, they've badly handled the reveal, but the pure craziness surrounding the One, that usually sane people are believing, is absolutely crazy.

I don't know what you mean. I'm rational. I think. I'm expressing my opinion. I think what MS are doing stinks and there's a slim chance that if enough people object loudly they will change their mind.

I can't speak for anyone else.

I know some of this is done with piss-taking images, vids and words but that's part of the fun of online communities.

What problems with the hardware? Oh, those Internet rumours that you're so keen to play out.

Sorry to single you out, but this is beyond crazy. Negative rumours do the rounds, people talk about it, crazy people forsee it to be the downfall of the evil MS, the rumours continue, 3 pages later that same rumour is used as fact in the next baseless rumour to bring the evil MS down. And so the cycle continues and so the negativity grows.

Except for Boozy, and a few others, you're all fucking nuts. Especially angel. It's like some kind of warped reality where Sony has pumped you all full of mental juice.

The whole console sounds terrible, are you mad?
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Jon what is this crazy belief stuff you are talking about? That Microsoft are having production problems and have lowered the clock speed of the GPU? For the Internet that's a pretty fucking zen rumour.

Got a factual link to that?

Don't. Please. Make that rumour go away.

I thought you just professed to be rational?

The whole console sounds terrible, are you mad?

It sounds pretty good to me, are you mad?

Think of the amount of xbox games that got belated ports to the PS3 - a console that was harder to develop for, more expensive, and in most territories had a smaller userbase. I really think this time round the only stuff that will stay exclusive is stuff that had Microsoft money to develop it, or that uses Kinnect.

So Jon your whole argument is based on...youre waiting for this all to be confirmed. So once it is all confirmed, the machine is underpowered, the DRM is offensive, always online and kinect mandatory...you still think its great?

Youre gona have a very quiet friends list, I think everyone here will be on PS4s

• Upvote 6

So Jon your whole argument is based on...youre waiting for this all to be confirmed. So once it is all confirmed, the machine is underpowered, the DRM is offensive, always online and kinect mandatory...you still think its great?

Youre gona have a very quiet friends list, I think everyone here will be on PS4s

Wha? Has it all been confirmed then and I've missed it?

Angel, my point is only that people are seemingly quick to jump to negative conclusions and I find that strange. Trust me, I'll only be buying the best console this generation, even if that turns out to be the WiiU. All I want is for all three to bring some new hotness to the table. I can still live in hope, can't I?

Got a factual link to that?

I thought you just professed to be rational?

It sounds pretty good to me, are you mad?

Haha, what sounds good to you?

Oh man. It was a mildly jokey post. Are you drunk?

Yeah, a little. I knew it was a joke though dude. Can't we just have a bit of positive fun for once, you miserable twats?

Oh man. It was a mildly jokey post. Are you drunk?

Fuck jokey. There is nothing irrational in not wanting a beloved game franchise to you go exclusive to a console you don't have/currently intend to get. Ignore him

Haha, what sounds good to you?

The general idea of an 'all in one' box. Better games, better pad, better online, better integration. It sounds really good to me.

I'm still not convinced by Kinect though.

Not if they have similar DRM.

Wha? Has it all been confirmed then and I've missed it?

Angel, my point is only that people are seemingly quick to jump to negative conclusions and I find that strange. Trust me, I'll only be buying the best console this generation, even if that turns out to be the WiiU. All I want is for all three to bring some new hotness to the table. I can still live in hope, can't I?

No Im saying once its confirmed officially, even though we know 90% of what we need to (processors lower than ps4 clock even without the underclock issue, drm, kinect, authentication etcetc)......once it's all official, will you bother with the thing? I guess you're answering that you're being optimistic.

Im all for optimism and positivity, but not when theyre making such a mess of it all. Im pretty bummed out that I wont be playing the new Halo, but im excited to play Destiny on the ps4.

That was confirmed ages ago, it wont.

When? Don't GAF still have that massive PS4 NO DRM campaign going? I can't imagine that'd still be happening if it was confirmed to be DRM-free and no used game issues.

There are so many questions about this.

- What is "my" console. How do Microsoft know it's "mine"? I get that this won't be an issue for many people, but how is ownership decided? First logon? First logon to specifically claim ownership? Or is there a registration that needs to be done?

- How many consoles can be "my" console? Can I have just one? More? If I own two consoles is one of them viewed as not being mine and I need to have that connected every hour?

- If I buy a game disc (new), how do Microsoft know that that's mine? Does it register automatically or do I need to manually tell Microsoft that I bought it? What if I play it on the wrong account, or take it to a friend's house and play it there (on their profile) before I play it on my console?

- You can gift games to friends. What if I gift someone a game that they already own, for Christmas or whatever? Can I even do that? Will it tell me that they own it already? Or will it just happily transfer another useless license for the game to their account?

- What will publishers charge as a fee for trading in a game? Can they charge whatever they like? Who pays that fee? I mean, obviously consumers pay it in some form, but who pays first? Is it the person trading in the game? The person buying it?

- How about games that have been gifted? Can they then be traded in? Vice versa?

This is meant to be a games console. It's meant to be no nonsense, easy to use, easy to understand, doesn't require a week-long course in the intricacies of the EULA before you really know what you can and can't do with your games. How can there be such obvious questions unanswered?

• Upvote 2

That was confirmed ages ago, it wont.

If it was that clear cut Sony would be shouting it from the rooftops.

I'm pretty certain the PS4 won't require online authentication but at the very least they are considering methods to restrict used games; publishers want it, even if I think it will end up hurting them. Personally I'd assume the worst until we explicitly hear otherwise.

• Upvote 1

When? Don't GAF still have that massive PS4 NO DRM campaign going? I can't imagine that'd still be happening if it was confirmed to be DRM-free and no used game issues.

Sony have said loads of times theyre approaching it in the same way as the way ps1 2 and 3 "worked for them". They dont need to shout it, MS are fucking themselves over enough. A few Sony folks have said it in quotes, im confident they wont have much more than online passcodes in new game boxes.