rllmuk
mushashi

Xbox One Console Thread

1 minute ago, Hitcher said:

Where did you hear that? I've had no problem getting refunds from Microsoft in the past even for a game I'd played for a far bit.

I was refused a refund on a game I’d played briefly just last week. 

This is what I see when purchasing the 360 version of the game. I had a look at my order history and there should be an option to request a refund but I don't see anything

1025467667_NoRefundAnnotation2020-05-31144648.png.99b9ee0a7431cc677c3b668174be42f4.png

Xbox one games (and the pc games also) seem to instead refer to this https://www.microsoft.com/en-ie/storedocs/terms-of-sale?rtc=1

Under returns it looks promising until I read this

Some items are not eligible for return. Unless otherwise provided by a particular product offer, all purchases of these types of products are final and non-refundable and you will not have a right of withdrawal for these purchases:

digital apps, games, in-app content and subscriptions, music, movies, TV shows, and associated content;

I'm a bit confused as I thought they had introduced refunds for games on a self serivce basis. Still I will try in any case and see what they say

xbox-jun20.png.82f6b3b19f4acebb90be4f97c0b2c496.png

Welcome to the Xbox One release list for June 2020

Not much stands out this month but why not give a look to Waking which is out on June the 18th. 

Waking is a game created by one person, Jason Oda and published by Tiny Build games. Combining third-person action and guided meditation, Waking is an emotional adventure through your dying mind. Battle the forces of oblivion, conjure the memories of loved ones, and join them in the fight for your life.

wakingGif2.gif

wakingGif1.gif

There is also a Japanese release of Yomi wo Saku Hana on June the 11th, The latest dungeon RPG developed by Experience, known for titles such as Stranger of Sword City and Demon Gaze, Yomi wo Saku Hana puts you in the role of an employee (section manager) of a company that manages Undernaughts (underground miners) hired by illegal means. You are tasked with leading your employees through a labyrinth that you become trapped in by the “Mad King.” Players will utilize the “Switch Boost” power to challenge “monsters” named “Yomi,” as well as the “Yomi no Hana” ability to clear paths forward and return to the surface alive.

yomi.png.73d3e5aaa6b2516c3d11e24be6f54061.png

Jun 02 - Rock of Ages 3: Make & Break [Delayed to July 21]

Jun 02 - Skelattack
Jun 03 - Awesome Pea 2
Jun 03 - Depth of Extinction
Jun 03 - Strawberry Vinegar
Jun 04 - Tour de France 2020
Jun 05 - Cyber Protocol
Jun 05 - Outbuddies DX
Jun 05 - Rigid Force Redux
Jun 05 - Tcheco in the Castle of Lucio
Jun 05 - The Sims 4: Eco Lifestyle
Jun 05 - We Were Here Together
Jun 09 - Jump King
Jun 09 - 1971 Project Helios
Jun 10 - Demon's Tier+

Jun 10 - Pity Pit
Jun 11 - Beyond Blue
Jun 11 - Evan's Remains

Jun 11 - Yomi wo Saku Hana [Japanese store - Digital]
Jun 12 - BQM - BlockQuest Maker [Complete Edition]
Jun 12 - Goosebumps Dead of Night

Jun 12 - Horde of Plenty
Jun 12 - Project Warlock

Jun 12 - Realpolitiks New Power

Jun 12 - Spacejacked

Jun 12 - Super Soccer Blast
Jun 12 - Warborn
Jun 16 - Colt Canyon
Jun 16 - Desperados III
Jun 16 - Disintegration
Jun 17 - Edna & Harvey: The Breakout - 10th Anniversary Edition

Jun 17 - Radio Squid

Jun 17 - Namco Museum Archives Vol 1

Jun 17 - Namco Museum Archives Vol 2

Jun 17 - Session [Xbox Game Preview]

Jun 17 - Timberman VS

Jun 18 - The Bard’s Tale: Remastered and Resnarked [Free with Game Pass]

Jun 18 - Waking

Jun 18 - West of Dead [Free with Game Pass]

Jun 19 - Hard West Ultimate Edition
Jun 23 - Assetto Corsa Competizione
Jun 23 - SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom - Rehydrated

Jun 24 - A Summer with the Shiba Inu

Jun 24 - Night Call [Free with Game Pass]

Jun 24 - Octonaut

Jun 25 - Hunting Simulator 2

Jun 25 - Observation [Free with Game Pass]

Jun 25 - The Messenger [Free with Game Pass]

Jun 26 - Dungeons 3 – Complete Collection

Jun 26 - Tower of Time
Jun 26 - Yes, Your Grace
Jun 30 - Hunting Simulator 2
Jun 30 - Praetorians HD Remaster

Trailers:

• Upvote 5

20 hours ago, StoooTube said:

I was refused a refund on a game I’d played briefly just last week. 

Yep they refused me a refund a couple of weeks back as well. I had bought the Mafia Trilogy not realising you got a discount if you bought it through Mafia 3's menu screens. I tried explaining that I wanted a refund so that I could purchase it again "the correct way" and they were having none of it. I'd played the Mafia 2 remake for half an hour or so, and they used that as an excuse. 

I tried again several times but kept being knocked back.

• Empathy 2

21 hours ago, Revival said:

Just try the live chat, Should be an easy refund.

I had sent a request yesteerday already and this morning they refunded it.

2 hours ago, SteveH said:

Yep they refused me a refund a couple of weeks back as well. I had bought the Mafia Trilogy not realising you got a discount if you bought it through Mafia 3's menu screens. I tried explaining that I wanted a refund so that I could purchase it again "the correct way" and they were having none of it. I'd played the Mafia 2 remake for half an hour or so, and they used that as an excuse. 

Odd I found this article yesterday

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-04-12-microsoft-is-adding-self-service-refunds-for-digital-xbox-and-windows-10-games

Please note the below conditions for requesting a self-service refund:

Games and apps are eligible for self-service refunds within 14 days of purchase if you have less than 2 hours of play time across all accounts.

DLC, season passes, and add-ons are not eligible for self-service refunds.

I can only guess they classed it under season pass in this case if it was rejected assuming you requested the refund within 14 days.

12 minutes ago, crocked said:

I had sent a request yesteerday already and this morning they refunded it.

Odd I found this article yesterday

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-04-12-microsoft-is-adding-self-service-refunds-for-digital-xbox-and-windows-10-games

I can only guess they classed it under season pass in this case if it was rejected assuming you requested the refund within 14 days.

Yeah I tried arguing that I was asking for a refund the same day of purchase, and that I had barely played it, but they just won't listen. And now the game is marked in my purchase history as "request denied" so further attempts now just have them sending back that standard reply below.

This is exactly what they kept sending me in emails

I understand you're requesting a refund. Here's what I found after looking into your request:

Our refund policy doesn't allow refunds for digital game products that have been played or consumed.  Thanks for understanding. 

Anyone else’s game pass tab been renamed to XXX?

• Upvote 1

Just now, Fargo said:

Anyone else’s game pass tab been renamed to XXX?

Yeah.

https://www.gamesradar.com/uk/xbox-games-with-gold/

Games with Gold for June announced:

Shantae and the Pirate’s Curse ($19.99 ERP): Available June 1 to 30 on Xbox One

Coffee Talk ($13.99 ERP): Available June 16 to July 15 on Xbox One

Destroy All Humans! ($19.99 ERP): Available June 1 to 15 on Xbox One & Xbox 360

Sine Mora ($9.99 ERP): Available June 16 to 30 on Xbox One & Xbox 360

It really does seem like GP has all the budget now. Still, destroy all humans in 4k will be interesting to try.

I also had the XXX tab as part of the Insider programme, and I'd found my Xbox a bit crashy lately, so I decided to come out of the programme.

Worst decision I ever made! I wasn't surprised to immediately get a firmware update, but what I didn't expect was it for to effectively set everything up as a brand new console all over again. So I had to redo all my settings etc. Now all my games are doing the "please wait while we get this ready" thing and resyncing their save data from the cloud, and the bloody thing's taking two hours to re-index all my Rock Band DLC.

What a palaver. Just a word of warning, like.

I'm now aware that this has been in place for years now but I'm mystified as to why MS decided to do away with the simple "Request friend > friend request accepted" process. I added my wife's new profile last night and we had to look up GameFAQs to find out that friend requests don't exist any longer- she needed to go to her followers, find me and then add me as a friend back, which was buried in the UI. And she was displayed as a friend (and not someone I was just following) in my own friends list. Not sure why this overly complicated process was favoured over the old method. It was completely unintuitive.

• Upvote 2

On 01/06/2020 at 13:34, SteveH said:

Our refund policy doesn't allow refunds for digital game products that have been played or consumed.  Thanks for understanding. 

I think it must depend on the operator as I had a refund granted for Jalopy after playing it, my god it was a terrible game. 

4 hours ago, DeciderVT said:

I'm now aware that this has been in place for years now but I'm mystified as to why MS decided to do away with the simple "Request friend > friend request accepted" process. I added my wife's new profile last night and we had to look up GameFAQs to find out that friend requests don't exist any longer- she needed to go to her followers, find me and then add me as a friend back, which was buried in the UI. And she was displayed as a friend (and not someone I was just following) in my own friends list. Not sure why this overly complicated process was favoured over the old method. It was completely unintuitive.

Agreed, after sorting out kids account for myself and extended families and getting all the different gamertag and permissions setup it was a good few hours. 

31 minutes ago, fattakin said:

Agreed, after sorting out kids account for myself and extended families and getting all the different gamertag and permissions setup it was a good few hours. 

By the time we were ready to play, most of the evening had gone. They've made some genuinely puzzling user experience decisions. All they really need is a simpler XMB/blades setup instead of nesting options within options and treating the front-end as a storefront.

That limited edition Cyberpunk 2077 One X system is available to order from the MS store today £259.99

https://www.xbox.com/en-GB/consoles/xbox-one-x/cyberpunk-2077-1tb-le

815d8935-abe7-4187-a498-7197948d53bd.jpg

Own the 1TB Xbox One X Cyberpunk 2077 Limited Edition Bundle and become a cybernetically-enhanced mercenary with a full-game digital download of Cyberpunk 2077 (available 17 September 2020), as well as the future first expansion release

3 hours ago, SteveH said:

I don't need it, but I want it!

Me too. Tempted to sell my launch day X and pay the extra.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Revival said:

Bit late now, It's sold out online already.

looks in stock at game  - not taken through to checkout mind, if I buy, it'll be from Argos due to existing vouchers, but the Argos website seems completely incapable of adding it to the cart.

I don't need it anyway...

I was going to grab it, but got tied up with stuff and missed out :( And Amazon have it but want £50 more than other retailers, which isn't like them at all.

• Empathy 1

On 05/06/2020 at 13:53, Freeman said:

looks in stock at game  - not taken through to checkout mind, if I buy, it'll be from Argos due to existing vouchers, but the Argos website seems completely incapable of adding it to the cart.

I don't need it anyway...

On 05/06/2020 at 16:53, SteveH said:

I was going to grab it, but got tied up with stuff and missed out :( And Amazon have it but want £50 more than other retailers, which isn't like them at all.

I got one from Amazon, as GAME had sold out instantly. Really expensive at £359.99, which they'd dropped to around £300 by the end of the day... once they'd sold out

[seanr.gif]

So I chatted with them to get a refund of the difference, which they lolled at and told me to fuck off, basically :D

Ah well, I've got it now and it's very lovely. Well, its a frigging mess of a design, but I love the ballsiness of its hodge podge, colourful corporate eccentricity. The pad is ugly as shit though, no way around that; the silver section just looks really cheap and nasty. 

Would I have got it if I already have an Xbox One? No. But as my first 'bone it's a good edition to have as it'll (presumably) hold its value at the very least. 

The startup sound is cool, too :)

• Upvote 3

I saw my local Argos had one in stock, checked my bank balance 30 times, discussed with the wife, weighed up the pros and cons, especially as I already have an S, then did it all again before deciding I actually wanted one. 

Of course, it had sold out by then :D

I think the console actually looks quite nice, I like console to look fun. The pad... yeah my white S pad is nicer..

• Upvote 1