rllmuk
mushashi

Xbox One Console Thread

Mine is in my office, at the top of the house. The two kids’ are in their rooms on the next floor down. His is the primary.

No matter what she wants to play I get signed out. It’s normally Roblox though that she is on. Thinking about it, does it make any difference if the game is ‘mine’, or she has downloaded it?

Downstairs is an X; same story there though. 

Because it's not your primary Xbox you need to be signed in so she can play.

Roblox is FTP so presumably Pavey is needing to sign in so she can use his Gold sub to go online? If she had her own Gold sub she could play it without Pavey needing to be signed in (plus any other game that is purchased using her account of course). The game sharing thing only works for two consoles I’m afraid @Pavey

• Upvote 1

Thank you mate, very helpful. 

So Roblox is banned in this house from today then. I’ll send her out to make dens in the woods, start fires and find jazz mags in the bushes instead, like I used to back in the 80’s. Bloody kids of today...:mad:

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Pavey said:

Mine is in my office, at the top of the house. The two kids’ are in their rooms on the next floor down. His is the primary.

No matter what she wants to play I get signed out. It’s normally Roblox though that she is on. Thinking about it, does it make any difference if the game is ‘mine’, or she has downloaded it?

Downstairs is an X; same story there though. 

you can only gameshare with one of them   I.e. you can only have one primary Xbox that allows anyone on that Xbox to play your games.  

I’m in the same situation.  

• Upvote 1

Anyone pick up Formula Retro Racing? I love the art direction (Its basically a clone of Virtua Racing's graphic style) but it's a time extension racer so I'm on the fence as I'm not keen on those really, especially if the checkpoints are hard to reach.

28 minutes ago, rafaqat said:

you can only gameshare with one of them   I.e. you can only have one primary Xbox that allows anyone on that Xbox to play your games.  

I’m in the same situation.  

Sorry, just to explain it further. Does that mean you can only have one primary, and that allows anyone to play my games on that machine, without signing me in? On other machines I (she) have (has) to sign in to play my games, so in effect can't be in two places at once?

I think that's correct, reading it back to myself.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Pavey said:

Sorry, just to explain it further. Does that mean you can only have one primary, and that allows anyone to play my games on that machine, without signing me in? On other machines I (she) have (has) to sign in to play my games, so in effect can't be in two places at once?

I think that's correct, reading it back to myself.

Yup.   Your primary xbox doesn't need to be actively signed in to let other play your games on it.

Any other xbox needs your profile actively signed in to play your games.  That's why you're getting signed out when your daughter has to sign you in on her xbox to play your games.

The way I worked it out in the end was to game share the two kids together since I don't personally by THAT many games and my tastes are different to theirs.

Then GamePass came along so I have a gamepass subscription and so does one of my kids.  That's covers the 3 xboxes.  Occasionally an EA access subscription gets thrown into the mix too depending on whats' on there.

If you think that's fun, we also share 3 PS4's between us too.  So sometimes you end up buying games a few times.  I'd probably save more money by just offering to subsidise the next gen console purchase for their friends to ensure everyone is on the same console.  Right now half their friends are on Ps4, half on Xbox One.   All my nephews and nieces are on Xbox One. 

So either convince family to go Ps5 next gen (hard since we're all subbed to Game Pass) and see if their mates also jump across or persuade those Ps4 owning friends to come across to Xbox (they don't play 1st party Sony stuff).

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, SteveH said:

Anyone pick up Formula Retro Racing? I love the art direction (Its basically a clone of Virtua Racing's graphic style) but it's a time extension racer so I'm on the fence as I'm not keen on those really, especially if the checkpoints are hard to reach.

I’d not even heard of it till you mentioned it but it sounded like it was right up my VR style street too so took a look. Read one review (Forbes) which was rather positive but did mention that it needs some work doing on it to rebalance it (which apparently the one man band developer will be doing in accordance to feedback) and that other than that it was great. Then found a shocker of a review (same issues again) and then watched a bit of a video in which the AI just demolished him on the straights, rammed into the rear of him (there was a mention of the slipstreaming being very strong) and the HUD also randomly disappeared. 

With a bit of work it’ll probably be pretty decent / I’ll certainly be keeping an eye on it but till then I’ll give it a swerve, hope it gets sorted though! Oh, and the music on the videos I saw was (imo) terrible.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, SteveH said:

There’s certainly some issues regarding bugs, but it’s a really fun racer. If you like Virtua Racing then it’s well worth a tenner.

• Upvote 1

What does everyone think about the Xbox elite 2 controller? Worth it, or a complete rip off? I am not a pro gamer but need to buy another Xbox pad and like that this has usb and charged itself. 

If you don't need something that expensive then it's probably not worth it. It's an amazing feeling pad but a luxury item for sure and person dependant.

I'll give them the logo, but that's barely a new name and I'm not letting them get away with calling that video a trailer.

There's some hidden messaging in there.

qbjHVQO.jpg

New Game 1.EXE

New Game 2.EXE

1 hour ago, Dirty Harry Potter said:

What does everyone think about the Xbox elite 2 controller? Worth it, or a complete rip off? I am not a pro gamer but need to buy another Xbox pad and like that this has usb and charged itself. 

It's supposed to be a very good pad but all standard Xbox controllers have USB so if you don't need the extra functionality you'll essentially be paying an extra £110 for some chargeable batteries... 

1 hour ago, Dirty Harry Potter said:

Ignore the haters. Get one. It’s the best pad you’ll ever hold.

• Upvote 1

It's more to do with the build quality rather than 'haters' isn't it? 

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Nequests said:

I'll give them the logo, but that's barely a new name and I'm not letting them get away with calling that video a trailer.

WhEre'S tHe GaMePlay?

1 hour ago, Jashin said:

It's more to do with the build quality rather than 'haters' isn't it? 

It was just a flippant comment to be honest, but who mentioned anything about the build quality?

I’ve heard the odd comment of the face buttons giving up for some people, but in my experience it’s been absolutely solid, so hopefully that was just a bad batch.

For clarity, I got one for my eldest son for Christmas, who usually rips through pads like nobody’s business. It’s still going strong for him. Off the back of that I got one for myself to replace an Elite Series 1 and it’s a huge step up in quality.

Totally recommended from me. If you can afford it, get one.

1 hour ago, JPL said:

It was just a flippant comment to be honest, but who mentioned anything about the build quality?

Not sure if serious? It's the main criticism of both Elite models and has been discussed pretty extensively here.

4 minutes ago, Phil said:

Not sure if serious? It's the main criticism of both Elite models and has been discussed pretty extensively here.

It wasn’t mentioned once since DHP asked about it, that’s all I was saying.

Anyway, personally it really isn’t something I’d worry about.

19 hours ago, Revival said:

If you don't need something that expensive then it's probably not worth it. It's an amazing feeling pad but a luxury item for sure and person dependant.

Dear christ that's dire, and the final and predictable change from a small games maker into a corporate hell hole designed to run one idea in the ground forever.

How do you work that one out? They've got multiple studios in different parts of the world and are working on new game ideas. If anything it's a we're now a studio and are branching out video.

19 hours ago, christaylor said:

It's supposed to be a very good pad but all standard Xbox controllers have USB so if you don't need the extra functionality you'll essentially be paying an extra £110 for some chargeable batteries... 

Indeed. Regular pad with a play and charge kit perhaps? Play and charge kits are excellent from my experience had one back on the 360 and then when I got a XBO.

If the regular controller had paddles, I'd stick with that. But it doesn't, so I'm Elite v2 all the way. They're mandatory for my enjoyment of many games now.

2 hours ago, Revival said:

How do you work that one out? They've got multiple studios in different parts of the world and are working on new game ideas. If anything it's a we're now a studio and are branching out video.

They've been "Working on new game ideas" for about a decade at this point, even if they announce a game literally no-one involved in the creation of Minecraft will have anything to do with it.

Eh, I've overreacting but "Hi I'm generic American woman and here's why we're identical to every corporate rent a studio ever" is not inspiring to anyone.

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Pob said:

If the regular controller had paddles, I'd stick with that. But it doesn't, so I'm Elite v2 all the way. They're mandatory for my enjoyment of many games now.

Don’t you find the Elite v2 much nicer to hold than the regular pads? Everything about it is a big step up for me - the textured grips, the weight, the sticks, the dpad and, obviously, the paddles. I hate having to go back to the standard pad now. It feels so cheap in comparison.

20 hours ago, JPL said:

I’ve heard the odd comment of the face buttons giving up for some people, but in my experience it’s been absolutely solid, so hopefully that was just a bad batch.

For clarity, I got one for my eldest son for Christmas, who usually rips through pads like nobody’s business. It’s still going strong for him. Off the back of that I got one for myself to replace an Elite Series 1 and it’s a huge step up in quality.

Totally recommended from me. If you can afford it, get one.

How long does it normally take him to ruin a controller? 

24 minutes ago, bear said:

How long does it normally take him to ruin a controller? 

Probably around 6 months to finish one off, but they usually start with stick drift or buttons not working before that. I’ve no idea what he does with them, all he plays is Fortnite! I don’t think I’ve ever had to replace a pad in over 30 years of gaming!

Now you’ve made me think his Elite v2 is about to bite the bullet!