rllmuk
mushashi

Xbox One Console Thread

Tried it with the UK account and changed the store like you said, and finally got it.

Thanks everyone for the help

• Upvote 6

My Cyberpunk controller arrived this morning. I know it’s not to everybody’s taste but I think it’s lovely!

E9597E67-3FB7-4DDA-98DD-A69BE7D27133.jpeg

• Upvote 8

On 19/04/2020 at 13:38, christaylor said:

Not done this but can't see any reason why you couldn't do it, the analogue module the sticks sit on are identical and the holes in the front shell look the same size too.

All you'd need to do it is a T8 security torx driver and a plastic spudger to lever the rear grips off. Couple of quid from ebay if you don't already have them. 

What's up with the Elite pad, just out of interest?

----

I picked up another couple of broken controllers recently to fix up so thought I'd have a play with some vinyl wrap. Tricky to apply and you need a decent heat gun and a lot of patience but the results are pretty good. The vinyl is a textured turquoise/purple colour flip. Have some clear thumbsticks on the way to go with this one:

IMG_20200417_174650752_copy_1632x918.thumb.jpg.1b39f550080f321fc1b3f7fb3bf336b0.jpg

IMG_20200417_180749672_copy_1632x2623.thumb.jpg.910e0854866f49e6688bd8056a6246ff.jpg

IMG_20200417_183927199_copy_1632x918.thumb.jpg.95c0993be99aec93ad82f88b330c106d.jpg

The thumbsticks I'd ordered for this *finally* arrived today!

In the meantime, I'd set about butchering two other partially working controllers I'd picked up recently (analogue stick board was knackered on one and the d-pad + LB broken on another), to make one good one, so took the analogue board out of one and put it into the other. All that was needed for this was was to open them up, de-solder two wires on either side that power the rumble motors inside the triggers (grey+black in the images), unclip the bluetooth controller (small black wire with gold-plated end surrounded by the orange film) and unscrew one T6 screw on each side, then screw and solder the replacement in. I bought a camo front shell and some gunmetal thumbsticks for this one:

IMG_20200419_165051626.thumb.jpg.f8347ff641f4772356736e98743e13e2.jpg

IMG_20200419_171822276.thumb.jpg.e3fc861c47a044b2b47cc998d7c4575f.jpg

(This pad must've originally been dropped and landed right on the left stick, the PCB is bent and there's a crack right under the stick module)

s-l1600.jpg.1a2f0c5959e6bb9bc05e8ea7e30106ab.jpg

IMG_20200420_130156389.thumb.jpg.afa8639007d0b79f3bc000025de06294.jpg

• Upvote 3

And the vinyl wrap pad back together:

IMG_20200429_100057789.thumb.jpg.ce46c8360e26877aa995431bb7db4a66.jpg

IMG_20200429_121405062.thumb.jpg.96d3eb5fc1061c832abf44f6a49df4b3.jpg

IMG_20200429_141441549.thumb.jpg.e7ffe8646701c54aaeb93fb4ebb19f56.jpg

(sorry for the pic spamming, had to do it in two posts due to pic size limit)

• Upvote 6

Are anyone else’s updates doeloading at a snails pace today? My connection seems to be fine, as does online play, but update downloads have been 56k rate at times :( 

4 minutes ago, Dan said:

Are anyone else’s updates doeloading at a snails pace today? My connection seems to be fine, as does online play, but update downloads have been 56k rate at times :( 

Yeah I downloaded Sniper Elite, it's only 3GB but took a while.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Mr Do 71 said:

Yeah I downloaded Sniper Elite, it's only 3GB but took a while.

Glad it’s not just me. I even used my iPhone as a hotspot to check as I get faster speeds over 4G than my home internet and it still useless. 

Massive call of duty updates for very little extra content are even more frustrating!

Hey peeps,

Does anyone have any recommendations for wireless / bluetooth headsets for the xbox one? They especially need to be child friendly, as my kid as destroyed two wired ones already.

I guess not a massive amount of money, as he is 7 and treats hardware like crap. :unsure:

I actually don't know whether that is reasonable seeing as they are wireless. I just didn't want wired as he has broken two 2.5mm jack connectors. Maybe USB might be a better option?

That said, those look really nice.

If he's that destructive you might be better off with something else? There's supposed to be rework of the official headset soon with higher quality parts/construction. No idea how soon until it's formally announced though.

-----------------------

A rhythm action fps coming to PC and Xbox this year, Interesting concept:

• Upvote 2

I'm surprised they don't do an official surround pair like Sony do for the PS4. I'd buy them if they weren't too expensive. 

That's exactly what's supposed to be coming. An Xbox equivalent of the gold? wireless headset.

Nice! The official one's only stereo though, isn't it? I've got decent wireless stereo headphones I can use already. 

xbox-may20.png.9a49788926d14b9bb50586b4d0e46acf.png

Hello everyone and welcome to the Xbox release list for May 2020.

Get ready for some more Game Pass surprises and hopefully an announcement for a first party focused Series X blowout. If you spot anything I've missed please let me know and I'll update.

List:

May 01 - Antigraviator
May 01 - Arcade Spirits
May 01 - Chop is Dish
May 01 - Fight the Horror
May 01 - Miden Tower
May 01 - Robot Squad Simulator X
May 01 - Super Toy Cars 2

May 05 - Emma: Lost in Memories
May 05 - Pushy and Pully in Blockland
May 06 - Infinite: Beyond the Mind

May 06 - Professional Farmer: American Dream

May 06 - Reed 2
May 06 - Shaolin vs Wutang

May 06 - Task Force Kampas
May 06 - Zombies Ruined my Day

May 07 - Infinite: Beyond the Mind 

May 08 - Duke of Defense
May 08 - Fury Unleashed

May 08 - Ghost Files 2: Memory of a Crime
May 08 - Mecho Wars: Desert Ashes
May 08 - Sin Slayers: Enhanced edition
May 08 - SuperMash

May 08 - Ultimate Ski Jumping 2020

May 12 - Huntdown
May 13 - Deep Rock Galactic v1 [Out of Game Preview]
May 13 - Island Saver
May 13 - Potata: Fairy Flower
May 13 - Super Mega Baseball 3

May 13 - Thy Sword
May 14 - Ion Fury

May 15 - Formula Retro Racing

May 15 - Tacticool Champs

May 19 - A Fold Apart

May 19 - Bullet Beat
May 19 - Golf with your Friends [Free with Game Pass]

May 20 - Concept Destruction
May 21 - Saints Row The Third Remastered
May 21 - The Persistence
May 22 - Maneater
May 22 - Monstrum

May 22 - Soko Bunny

May 22 - The Taller I Grow
May 22 - Tower of Time
May 26 - Minecraft Dungeons [Free with Game Pass]
May 28 - Atomicrops
May 28 - Bug Fables: The Everlasting Sapling
May 28 - Shantae and the Seven Sirens
May 28 - Those Who Remain

May 29 - Georifters

May 29 - Little Misfortune

May 29 - The Last Scape

Trailers and vids:

Have fun and stay safe!

• Upvote 4

Has anybody taken the plunge with Daymare:1998 (the Resident Evil "homage")? Apparently it was made by the team that were working on releasing a version of the unreleased Resident Evil 2 original? (I have those details slightly wrong) It looks janky as hell, but I'm a sucker for some jank on occasion.

18 hours ago, Avuncular said:

I'm surprised they don't do an official surround pair like Sony do for the PS4. I'd buy them if they weren't too expensive. 

You don’t need them. Set output to Windows Sonic and you get surround sound through any stereo cans. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, SteveH said:

Has anybody taken the plunge with Daymare:1998 (the Resident Evil "homage")? Apparently it was made by the team that were working on releasing a version of the unreleased Resident Evil 2 original? (I have those details slightly wrong) It looks janky as hell, but I'm a sucker for some jank on occasion.

I reviewed the PC version (think they've tightened up some of my complaints since) last year: https://www.thesixthaxis.com/2019/09/18/daymare-1998-review/ 

It's worth a play if you're prepared to work through the jank; and makes a really interesting comparison to the Resident Evil Remakes.

• Upvote 1

Oh, one final thing while I've had these controllers apart...

I've read quite a few reports of of the 3.5mm headset sockets stopping working (and it was knackered on one of my own). The 3.5mm socket is just sandwiched between the two PCBs, it's not hard-wired (it comes loose as soon as you prise the two PCBs apart), there are 7 springs on the bottom of the unit that line up with 7 contact points on the board, you can see them here:

3.5mmsocketissue.thumb.jpg.2c1a2a0de1a264d0f608ac9e36b0e676.jpg

3.5mmsocketissue2.thumb.jpg.b8c89e2967441313a5b1574a330a21bd.jpg

Not sure why it's been done like that but issues are most likely caused when the springiness reduces against the contact points. This setup does however make it pretty simple to replace the unit, and there is enough give in the wires soldered to both boards that you don't actually need to de-solder anything to replace it. You can buy the replacement 3.5mm socket on ebay for a couple of quid.

• Upvote 2

First World Problem moan: Why is it cheaper to buy the Deluxe edition of Strange Brigade than it is just the season pass? If I could gift the game that comes in the deluxe edition I'd buy it but it seems like a bloody waste to make someone buy a game they already have to get the Season Pass cheaper. It's like Fallout 4. the Goty is always cheaper in the sales than the season pass on it's own.

You know why. It's not a mistake, they've thought this through. You're already on the hook with the vanilla game, so you're more likely to be interested in the season pass at higher price. But if you couldn't be arsed with the vanilla game, well then we'll have to make it look extra enticing for you.

• Upvote 2

I expect it from Bethesda, I just thought Rebellion was one of the good guys. Well as much of a good guy as a corporation can be.

On my MS account i have both my kids under my Family. When the boy signs in and plays i can too (his box is the Primary one) yet when my daughter signs in she has to sign me in too, so i get signed out elsewhere (especially annoying when i have just fired up Titanfall 2 for the first time in months and are doing pretty damn well).

What is the reason for this, and what can i do to change it? Is it because of her age (9) and would making my Xbox the Primary one cure this terrible sequence of events?

All your games will be playable on your account’s Home Xbox no matter who is signed in.

To work it out I’ll need a diagram of where your Xboxes are, who wants to play what and which account owns the games that each person wants to play!

• Upvote 1