rllmuk
mushashi

Xbox One Console Thread

The new dashboard downloaded today. Guy at work has been using the beta for ages. Not sure why it took so long for it to arrive normally. It’s not like it’s a huge shake up or anything.

On 24/02/2020 at 21:25, Monkeyboy said:

The new dashboard downloaded today. Guy at work has been using the beta for ages. Not sure why it took so long for it to arrive normally. It’s not like it’s a huge shake up or anything.

It kinda is, it streamlines everything to one screen. I quite like it. I also like the sorting options in the Games and Apps page, being able to sort by size is great.

Switched on my Xbox one x today and the top tabs- store, community etc, are all gone. It's just blank. Everything seems fine and I can access the store from my other shortcut.

Any idea what's happened? I tried a restart and it's still the same.

36 minutes ago, BubbleFish said:

Switched on my Xbox one x today and the top tabs- store, community etc, are all gone. It's just blank. Everything seems fine and I can access the store from my other shortcut.

Press down? Is there something new down there?

57 minutes ago, BubbleFish said:

Ui change, it's cleaned it up and added some features. But not sort by size, that's been in ages APPARENTLY

Best things about this new UI:

-old one was the slowest UI EVER - this one is lightning fast! Even coming out of suspend is instantaneous now

-NO MORE TABS HUZZAH

-FULLY CUSTOMIZABLE - all the tabs are now below but not only can you move them around, you can actually DELETE THEM - I immediately deleted Community and Mixer

-FREE UP SPACE - it detects leftover garbage from deleted games, like DLC and nukes it for you

-sort by size has been in there for years, if not from the start, no idea what @moosegrinder has been smoking ;)

So it went from the uncontested worst UI ever to one of the better ones. Just by virtue of being straightforward, really really fast, and fully customizable - that last point makes it unique afaik. Bodes well for the XsX!

• Upvote 7

I must be dense. I have nothing new "down screen" and cant even see a way to customise the content of the home screen. I can change the colour but that's about it.

What am I missing? All i see is that the tabs are gone and other than the store, I have no way of getting to the others such as community, mixer or gamepass.

Actually,  just realised that my "Ganes" group I had created is now gone. 

Thanks everyone. Figured it out.

I have to say that given I had no idea this was happening it was a bit bewildering to start up the system and see it all changed. I thought my system was corrupted.

After 40 years of playing "computer games" I finally feel like a luddite. 

• Upvote 1

I hate what they've done to My Games & Apps. I liked being able to quickly switch between Installed/Not Installed by the strip at the top or the shoulder buttons.

• Upvote 3

What are you on about?

Games is everything you have installed and All owned games is exactly what we had before were you can list them by All games, Installed, Ready to install, and Hidden with the added bonus of a download icon when in the All games view so show games that you don't have installed.

This is the most temperamental console I have ever owned. I don't know if it's because Microsoft makes it and it's similar to a Windows PC or what the fuck, but I feel like I'm troubleshooting a desktop computer constantly rather than playing on a games console.

Today's network error is: 'Cannot connect to your DHCP server.' I'm sorry, what? Every other device - PC, tablet, phone, Switch, PS4 - is connected to my broadband right now with no issues.

I've tried restarting the router, restarting the Xbox, clearing the alternate MAC address (suggested elsewhere for the many other people having the same problem).

I'm literally unable to play any games on the console tonight because they're all on Game Pass which requires a connection. :lol:

• Upvote 1
  • Empathy 1

I've got an X going into a Samsung TV and bluetooth headphones connected to the TV. Is Dolby Atmos gonna work on my headphones? 

2 hours ago, Avuncular said:

I've got an X going into a Samsung TV and bluetooth headphones connected to the TV. Is Dolby Atmos gonna work on my headphones? 

Suck it and see, Mildred.

13 hours ago, Hitcher said:

What are you on about?

Games is everything you have installed and All owned games is exactly what we had before were you can list them by All games, Installed, Ready to install, and Hidden with the added bonus of a download icon when in the All games view so show games that you don't have installed.

I know where you can find it, but yet again, they've made something more complicated.

Before, I could just go to Games or Apps at the top and quickly switch between Installed and Not Installed with the shoulder buttons. Now, it's buried under a separate menu. If they felt that the strip at the top wasn't discoverable then they could have just copied the PS4 Library layout ("Installed" heading, then a grid of installed stuff, then "Not Installed" heading, then a grid of not installed stuff).

• Upvote 3

Yeah I miss having the two tabs at the top to flick between installed and not installed.

In good news Nier Automata finally went on sale and Yakuza 0 is out. So my next month or so of gaming is sorted :)

12 hours ago, ann coulter said:

This is the most temperamental console I have ever owned. I don't know if it's because Microsoft makes it and it's similar to a Windows PC or what the fuck, but I feel like I'm troubleshooting a desktop computer constantly rather than playing on a games console.

Today's network error is: 'Cannot connect to your DHCP server.' I'm sorry, what? Every other device - PC, tablet, phone, Switch, PS4 - is connected to my broadband right now with no issues.

I've tried restarting the router, restarting the Xbox, clearing the alternate MAC address (suggested elsewhere for the many other people having the same problem).

I'm literally unable to play any games on the console tonight because they're all on Game Pass which requires a connection. :lol:

get it replaced.  
Also your last comment about requiring a connection.  I though with your console marked as your home console you could play installed games without needing an internet connection. At least I’m pretty sure that’s how mine works. 

amyhoo. Sounds like your Xbox if screwed. Unless you’re still turning the router off every night in which case maybe the Xbox really really doesn’t like that for whatever reason. Sadly on that front no one rllmuk can replicate your issue to work out what it is. 

On 28/02/2020 at 05:35, Super Craig said:

I know where you can find it, but yet again, they've made something more complicated.

Before, I could just go to Games or Apps at the top and quickly switch between Installed and Not Installed with the shoulder buttons. Now, it's buried under a separate menu. If they felt that the strip at the top wasn't discoverable then they could have just copied the PS4 Library layout ("Installed" heading, then a grid of installed stuff, then "Not Installed" heading, then a grid of not installed stuff).

I don't know what they were thinking. Being able to see my library, game pass and GWG as three seperate tabs and being able to switch between Installed and Ready To Install was so easy and clear. This "Full Library" view is pointless and we seem to have lost the ability to see which of our currently installed games are Game Pass titles. :huh:

Just add this to the long list of baffling design choices the Xbox UI team have made over the years, I suppose. 

On 27/02/2020 at 18:58, ann coulter said:

Mine periodically throws me back to the dashboard with a "This game took too long to start" message. 

As if it's just shrugging its shoulders and saying "I don't know what to tell you mate."

• Upvote 2

They seperated the games with gold into their own category but they should still be integrated into your main list if they're installed. You might need an update?

• Upvote 1