rllmuk
mushashi

Xbox One Console Thread

On 18/03/2020 at 22:09, bradigor said:

My son's Elite v1 is busted. So tempted to take out the D-Pad and sticks and put them into a standard controller. Has anyone here done it before?

Not done this but can't see any reason why you couldn't do it, the analogue module the sticks sit on are identical and the holes in the front shell look the same size too.

All you'd need to do it is a T8 security torx driver and a plastic spudger to lever the rear grips off. Couple of quid from ebay if you don't already have them. 

What's up with the Elite pad, just out of interest?

----

I picked up another couple of broken controllers recently to fix up so thought I'd have a play with some vinyl wrap. Tricky to apply and you need a decent heat gun and a lot of patience but the results are pretty good. The vinyl is a textured turquoise/purple colour flip. Have some clear thumbsticks on the way to go with this one:

IMG_20200417_174650752_copy_1632x918.thumb.jpg.1b39f550080f321fc1b3f7fb3bf336b0.jpg

IMG_20200417_180749672_copy_1632x2623.thumb.jpg.910e0854866f49e6688bd8056a6246ff.jpg

IMG_20200417_183927199_copy_1632x918.thumb.jpg.95c0993be99aec93ad82f88b330c106d.jpg

• Upvote 4

We ended up doing it, took about 20 minutes. Half tempted to get the sticks from ebay and do the same to the Pro Controller. 

49 minutes ago, bradigor said:

We ended up doing it, took about 20 minutes. Half tempted to get the sticks from ebay and do the same to the Pro Controller. 

Cool, glad you went for it. Might see if I can pick up any elite sticks for one of mine now... 

• Upvote 1

Last week I was able to purchase 360 games in the store, no problem whatsoever. I bought Oblivion, KOTOR, NBA Jam etc. I was even able to add the 360 games with gold games to my account.

Now I'm getting "there is no payment option on file" when I try to buy them. I've been through that assistant bot three times and can't get anywhere. Can anyone help? Even if I could get a link to the old xbox live app for PC, I might be able to add a credit card there.

My region is Ireland, Store is Ireland, everything is set to the same region.

It's killing me, it really is.

• Empathy 1

2 minutes ago, dave7g said:

Last week I was able to purchase 360 games in the store, no problem whatsoever. I bought Oblivion, KOTOR, NBA Jam etc. I was even able to add the 360 games with gold games to my account.

Now I'm getting "there is no payment option on file" when I try to buy them. I've been through that assistant bot three times and can't get anywhere. Can anyone help? Even if I could get a link to the old xbox live app for PC, I might be able to add a credit card there.

My region is Ireland, Store is Ireland, everything is set to the same region.

It's killing me, it really is.

Having the same problem. Seems to be just with 360 games though. Just wanted the Miday Arcade games collection... no matter how much I try (even added a card to my account) it doesn't work. :-( Just decided to give it a miss in the end and use MAME on the PC instead. Their loss I guess. Not jumping though this many hoops just to buy a game from a store. :) 

• Empathy 1

It started with not being able to buy Midway Arcade. Now I can't buy anything BC. Have you tried buying a random 360 game to see?

Annoyingly my Xbox got stuck in an update fail cycle so had to restore it.    Only real bother is my Witcher 3 save which has now gone.

29 minutes ago, Gordzilla said:

Annoyingly my Xbox got stuck in an update fail cycle so had to restore it.    Only real bother is my Witcher 3 save which has now gone.

Won't it be in the cloud?

Still no way to buy the 360 games. I really want the Midway Arcade Origins.

Would anyone be willing to gift it, if that's even possible, if I paypal the money?

I think the gift system was only setup on the Xbox One store so any 360 titles can't be gifted. It's not giving me an option on console or PC.

Get on their live chat and sort what the problem is.

Cheers. Thanks for trying.

Been on that live chat for a week, it doesn't do anything. The customer support person I finally got to talk to, told me to use the live chat app.

I'll just get a disc version, fuck it.

1 hour ago, Arn Ironjaw said:

Won't it be in the cloud?

It.is. I didn't even realise it was cloud saving.

14 minutes ago, dave7g said:

Cheers. Thanks for trying.

Been on that live chat for a week, it doesn't do anything. The customer support person I finally got to talk to, told me to use the live chat app.

I'll just get a disc version, fuck it.

Migrate your account to UK:

https://login.live.com/login.srf?wa=wsignin1.0&rpsnv=13&rver=7.3.6963.0&wp=SA_20MIN&wreply=https:%2f%2faccount.xbox.com%2fen-gb%2fAccountMigration%3frtc%3d1&lc=2057&id=292543&aadredir=1

I tried to fix it by migrating back to Ireland, now I have to wait 3 months before I can do that again. 

It shows up in euro when you check out. The whole thing started with Midway Collection not being available in Ireland, but it was in the store anyway. Just couldn't buy it. I bought Xbox One 3 weeks ago, everything was fine. Could buy 360 games and get the 360 games with Gold. It's possible that my account was originally UK, so I changed everything to Ireland just to be safe. Now I can only buy Xbox One games. 

Do you just get the endless spinning loading icon when you try to purchase? Someone found a fix for that, involves a script that changes the html price which in certain currencies that use commas breaks the store.

No, it just says that I have no payment options on file. I think the 360 profile is UK and the Xbox One is Ireland, and there absolutely no way of changing the 360 profile. It's absolutely ridiculous.

6 minutes ago, dave7g said:

No, it just says that I have no payment options on file. I think the 360 profile is UK and the Xbox One is Ireland, and there absolutely no way of changing the 360 profile. It's absolutely ridiculous.

Does one of your friends have a 360? Give him or her your login details and have them change it directly on their 360. Obviously change your password if it isn't someone you trust 100%.

Could I just make a new xbone profile, buy the game from that?  Can I use it with my original profile then?

28 minutes ago, dave7g said:

Could I just make a new xbone profile, buy the game from that?  Can I use it with my original profile then?

Yes.

Well that didn't work either. I put in my credit card details on the new profile, went to purchase Burnout Revenge, says I have no payment options on file.

It's fucking crazy.

14 minutes ago, dave7g said:

Well that didn't work either. I put in my credit card details on the new profile, went to purchase Burnout Revenge, says I have no payment options on file.

It's fucking crazy.

Just to make sure, if you log in to the Xbox website and check your saved payment options there, does your credit card show up correctly? If not, add it there, save it, go try again on your Xbox One. Is your credit card also Irish, ie the same region as you're trying to purchase from?

I managed to buy Burnout through the web page on the new account. So that works. I tried making a UK account then but it knows that I'm Irish and redirects to the Irish store anyway.

Midway Arcade Origins is not available in Ireland, even though I can get to a purchase page. Then it says "the offer is not valid in your region"

I still can't get the free games with Gold though. 

It's such a complete shambles of a setup.

43 minutes ago, dave7g said:

I managed to buy Burnout through the web page on the new account. So that works. I tried making a UK account then but it knows that I'm Irish and redirects to the Irish store anyway.

You get around that by changing the locale at the bottom left of the store page. When you've reset that it should default to it.

locale.png.546bc01cd304ea1d6e8d33e4c08bd682.png

• Upvote 1