rllmuk
mushashi

Xbox One Console Thread

On 05/04/2020 at 17:11, FiveFootNinja said:

I've got an urge to play an Assassins Creed game again. I played the series religiously getting platinum/1000GS on them all up to Unity with which they lost interest and I haven't been back since.

Both Origins and Odyssey are in the spring sale so I'm quite tempted to go in for on... opinions on which to go for please?

Odyssey, no question! And play as Kassandra :) 

• Upvote 1

The new sale is up. 

Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition is £4.49

Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5 HD is £15.99 (the price they should have been on release)

Xenon Racer is £2.99

On 05/04/2020 at 17:11, FiveFootNinja said:

I've got an urge to play an Assassins Creed game again. I played the series religiously getting platinum/1000GS on them all up to Unity with which they lost interest and I haven't been back since.

Both Origins and Odyssey are in the spring sale so I'm quite tempted to go in for on... opinions on which to go for please?

I enjoyed both but didn't finish Odyssey. It's a good game, but the plot is utterly nonsensical and a lot of the locations feel very similar. There's also a lot of padding in there.

I would play Origins. I really loved that game, and the setting is wonderful. Story is not amazing, but much better than the absolute trash in Odyssey.

Being a Medjay is way better than being a douchebag Assassin.

• Upvote 3

On 06/04/2020 at 17:04, Mr Do 71 said:

Am I the only one who watched this then? 

Felt a bit odd to watch an episode of Inside Xbox and for them not to announce a new colour of controller. That might be a first. :lol:

One of the first episodes where Microsofts increased emphasis on the PC really took the focus. They have done PC segments in the past but it always felt like an Xbox show first, with PC second. Even though they did show Xbox stuff last night, including a brief Series X chat I ended up feeling like they showed more interesting PC stuff than Xbox last night. Not a criticism in anyway, just an observation. 

-Grounded looks neat. What they showed last night had some character anyway, unlike the reveal trailer which was a bit "wut". 

-The Gamebar announcements looked interesting. It'll be interesting to see how much support it gets from third partys now they are opening it up a bit more and will that added functionality be coming to the Series X in the future. Nothing groundbreaking but the sort of thing I could see myself using, which is a step in the right direction.

-Really liking the look of Gears Tactics, even if the build up to it has been a bit odd. 

-I have no idea what Atomicrops is. Art style is nice though.

On 03/04/2020 at 11:56, Super Craig said:

Journey to a Savage Planet seems like a steal at £15, considering it hasn't been out for long.

Having read a few good things about it and personally loving the look of it I was going to bite, glad I didn't as it's coming to Game Pass...........tomorrow :)!

It is literally what you'd expect it to be.

To me, a good thing.

Trying to buy Midway Arcade Collection. It's showing up as on sale in the store, but says the offer is not available in my region.

Any ideas?

4 hours ago, dave7g said:

Trying to buy Midway Arcade Collection. It's showing up as on sale in the store, but says the offer is not available in my region.

Any ideas?

Different region?

There's definitely something up with the sale Major Nelson posted this morning. First game I checked said that the sale finished in 2 hours.

12 minutes ago, davidcotton said:

Different region?

It wouldn't show up in the sale though.

I think the sale ended today didn’t it? I managed to get the Arkham Collection at around 0900 this morning when it said there was only an hour left. 

5 hours ago, dave7g said:

Any ideas?

Is that on Xbox 360? Make sure you’re trying to buy it from the same store as the country you’re registered to.

Language and location? All set to the same. Just won't allow me to buy it. 

5 hours ago, dave7g said:

Any ideas?

I was looking at getting this too... looks like you have to add a credit card to buy it though and can't use a paypal account - which you can elsewhere on the MS store. Odd. Guessing its something to do with legacy XB360 stuff....

41 minutes ago, dave7g said:

Language and location? All set to the same. Just won't allow me to buy it. 

Have you always lived in the same country?

32 minutes ago, MattyP said:

I was looking at getting this too... looks like you have to add a credit card to buy it though and can't use a paypal account - which you can elsewhere on the MS store. Odd. Guessing its something to do with legacy XB360 stuff....

Have a credit card and no paypal set up. Bought a few 360 games already too. Weird.

12 hours ago, dave7g said:

Have a credit card and no paypal set up. Bought a few 360 games already too. Weird.

I have paypal setup and have also bought 360 games before. I was just coming to ask basically the same question regarding the Midway collection as I also can't buy it. It seems the offer is only available in the US. Can you switch regions easily on xbox?

If it's a US offer only, then it's only available in the US. Nothing much you can do about it, sadly.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

If it's a US offer only, then it's only available in the US. Nothing much you can do about it, sadly.

It’s a UK offer too. 
I’ve just bought it via Xbox console - £3.74

45 minutes ago, bignige said:

It’s a UK offer too. 
I’ve just bought it via Xbox console - £3.74

It's still showing as "offer not available in your region".

I just want Smash TV

Ok so, it's showing up in my store on the xbox even though I'm in Ireland, if I change region to the UK will it do any damage?

Oh fuck it, nothing seems to work. Not going to worry about it.

We can sort this.

So when you set up your gamertag you chose Ireland as your location?

Is this current Xbox set as your Home console (That normally sorts the digital rights access stuff)

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select System > Profile & System > Settings > General > Personalisation, and then select My home Xbox.

Select Make this my home Xbox to designate the console as your home Xbox.

• Upvote 2