rllmuk
mushashi

Xbox One Console Thread

So get some live first, then do the £1 and it stays ultimate until live runs out?  Nice one 

2 hours ago, Mike said:

So get some live first, then do the £1 and it stays ultimate until live runs out?  Nice one 

That's it.

• Upvote 1

If I buy US Xbox Live credit (digital code) then can I redeem it on my uk account?

I just need to VPN into the US and then redeem right?

1 hour ago, rafaqat said:

If I buy US Xbox Live credit (digital code) then can I redeem it on my uk account?

I just need to VPN into the US and then redeem right?

Store credit or a code for Xbox Live? If the former you just need to log into the US store, buy what you want and everything gets tied to the one account. Latter I think does need a VPN.

By the way if it’s Xbox Live you’re after, the last time I checked Brazilian Xbox Live 12 month subscriptions were £25 at CDKeys.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, gossi the dog said:

Store credit or a code for Xbox Live? If the former you just need to log into the US store, buy what you want and everything gets tied to the one account. Latter I think does need a VPN.

By the way if it’s Xbox Live you’re after, the last time I checked Brazilian Xbox Live 12 month subscriptions were £25 at CDKeys.

Kids wanted the latest COD.  £60 on uk store. £45 on US store.  So I was going to buy US credit from a thirparty store (LiveCards in this instance).  Then VPN to the US and redeem the credit, then buy the game).    In the end LiveCards wanted all sorts of authentication and I decided that I'd pay the extra 15 for my own time back and less sending of ID etc to them.   Kids will pay for the game so they can pay the 45 I'll make up the 15 myself.   

Not had to VPN before when buying from Russia/Brazil etc but it's been a while since I've had to buy a game as GamePass has been good enough for us.  Things seemed to have changed slightly possibly. 

19 minutes ago, rafaqat said:

Kids wanted the latest COD.  £60 on uk store. £45 on US store.  So I was going to buy US credit from a thirparty store (LiveCards in this instance).  Then VPN to the US and redeem the credit, then buy the game).    In the end LiveCards wanted all sorts of authentication and I decided that I'd pay the extra 15 for my own time back and less sending of ID etc to them.   Kids will pay for the game so they can pay the 45 I'll make up the 15 myself.   

Not had to VPN before when buying from Russia/Brazil etc but it's been a while since I've had to buy a game as GamePass has been good enough for us.  Things seemed to have changed slightly possibly. 

In which case you won’t need a VPN. I think it’s only Turkey and Argentina that do. Simply buy Xbox credit, log into the US store and buy. 

You can buy a code for less than £40 from here. You might need a VPN. I’ve used them loads to buy Turkey Xbox credit (it’s a Turkish company).

https://www.mtcgame.com/en-US/xbox-games-us/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-digital-standard-edition-xbox-games-us/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-digital-standard-edition-xbox-games-us?utm_source=460159

• Upvote 1

So I gave Zombieland Double Tap a go since its free this weekend. It's not great by any measurement, but the campaign can be finished in a few hours and despite it' many flaws it's not a bad wee twin stick shooter. Sometimes you just need a mindless old school game! 

• Upvote 1

Is it possible to buy Lost Odyssey digitally and play it backwards-compatible on an all-digital Xbox One? I'd love to play it again.

For some reason, I bought a One X the other day, is there any benefit to it over the S I have, for someone who only uses a standard 1080 panel?

It's a lovely looking lu,p of electronics, but so far all I have done is play Pinball FX 2's South Park table lots, mostly got it as it was £145 minus a controller from eBay, registered it and it's under warranty till 1st of July !!

4 hours ago, ann coulter said:

Oh awesome. £20 seems a bit steep but I'll probably cave.

You could wait for a sale. Every now and again there's a BC sale. They gave it away free when it first showed up, that's how I got it, but that's of no use to you now.

4 hours ago, MikeBeaver said:

For some reason, I bought a One X the other day, is there any benefit to it over the S I have, for someone who only uses a standard 1080 panel?

It downscales from 4k to 1080p which makes the graphics look really sharp. It's the best AA you can get. In short, games look better. And there's a massive performance increase of course. Games run better.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, MikeBeaver said:

It's a lovely looking lu,p of electronics, but so far all I have done is play Pinball FX 2's South Park table lots, mostly got it as it was £145 minus a controller from eBay, registered it and it's under warranty till 1st of July !!

Even without a 4k TV the benefit is considerable. Off the top of my head 60 frames Horizon 4 and solid 60 The Surge were immediately apparent. There'll be benefits for most games. Stuff just looks better as well because of the super sampling.

• Upvote 4

31 minutes ago, ann coulter said:

The Xbox I bought doesn't have a disk drive. I actually have my old 360 copy kicking about at home somewhere, all four disks!

Not that it helps you any but FWIW on Xbox One the entire game runs from the first disc. That's because it's just an unlock key.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, MikeBeaver said:

It will downscale games to 1080p and some will run at better frame rates. If you decide that's not enough to keep it, let me know. I'll buy it off you (don't need pad or cables etc, just the box).

• Upvote 1

Worth remembering that downscaled to 1080p is still better looking than just 1080p.

Some games have improved graphics too. I only switched to a 4K TV recently, and to be honest the resolution is probably the least significant advantage of the One X for me.

• Upvote 1

You only get the Enhanced for One X upgrades if you have a One X. Thats BC games and everything else. I dont know about Lost Odyssey but a ton of other games (like Ninja Gaiden, Final Fantasy, Crackdown) are Enhanced for One X, which is a separate category in the games library. You dont see that on the OG or the S.

Is Lost Odyssey really that good? I got it for free but wasnt really into JRPGs on the 360.

One game of note with regard to X updates is the first Red Dead Redemption. It has no right looking as good as it does.

• Upvote 5

On 27/01/2020 at 08:31, Mr. Gerbik said:

Not that it helps you any but FWIW on Xbox One the entire game runs from the first disc. That's because it's just an unlock key.

This actually does help me because I changed my mind and paid an extra tenner for an Xbox One S with a disc drive. Works out cheaper than £20 for the digital game! So I'll put in disc one and then it'll download and run the whole game off the hard drive for free?

• Upvote 1

Yep! Though you will need to keep disc 1 in as a 'key' - no simple insertion of every compatible 360/Xbox game you own then throwing away the discs, alas.

On 27/01/2020 at 16:30, Orbital2060 said:

You only get the Enhanced for One X upgrades if you have a One X. Thats BC games and everything else. I dont know about Lost Odyssey but a ton of other games (like Ninja Gaiden, Final Fantasy, Crackdown) are Enhanced for One X, which is a separate category in the games library. You dont see that on the OG or the S.

Is Lost Odyssey really that good? I got it for free but wasnt really into JRPGs on the 360.

I don’t really play Jorpogs, but I really, really liked Lost Odyssey. I can’t even remember much about it, other than I really liked it and the story is told really well (lots of reading, though). 

I don’t think I ever finished it, because I got stuck and even using a guide didn’t help, but I made it onto the third disc, I think. 

I think it was before Xbox cloud saves, too, so I can’t really carry on. Maybe we should all do a play together, thing. 

Great Jorpog. 

• Upvote 2

On 27/01/2020 at 21:35, moosegrinder said:

One game of note with regard to X updates is the first Red Dead Redemption. It has no right looking as good as it does.

Too true!! 

Panzer Dragoon Orta from the original Xbox is all kinds of "wow" too!! 

• Upvote 2

On 27/01/2020 at 21:35, moosegrinder said:

And a pretty much solid 30fps.