rllmuk
mushashi

Xbox One Console Thread

Yeah, just switched mine on and it won't sign me in. Try again in a while, it's telling me.

Holy shit, because of this I'm going to bed with the wife at the same time for once. She's shocked!

• Upvote 1
  • Empathy 2

Same here, first time trying to play all weekend too.

I couldn't sign in last night but found out something I didn't know before: if you go into the Network tab in Settings and choose "go offline", the Xbox will sign you in and let you play single-player stuff even if Xbox Live is down.  It's not like the PS4 where it defaults to an offline sign-off if it can't connect. So I was able to play Witcher 3 and I was happy.

• Upvote 2

Is it just me or are the face buttons on the elite series 2 pad absolutely awful? compared to my Nacon pro controller and switch pro controller they just feel so cheap. Is it faulty? I don't remember the standard pad buttons feeling so poor. 

Some people on reddit have posted about that, It sounds like there's a faulty batch unfortunately.

I'm trying to hold out until Nov/Dec and hope they do a few ltd edition ones.

1 hour ago, Fargo said:

Is it just me or are the face buttons on the elite series 2 pad absolutely awful? compared to my Nacon pro controller and switch pro controller they just feel so cheap. Is it faulty? I don't remember the standard pad buttons feeling so poor. 

What’s wrong with them? I’ve got 2 here and they both feel fine.

My son's Elite v1 is busted. So tempted to take out the D-Pad and sticks and put them into a standard controller. Has anyone here done it before?

8 hours ago, JPL said:

What’s wrong with them? I’ve got 2 here and they both feel fine.

They just don’t seem as responsive as they should. Playing some games I’ve noticed I tend to double tap the button just to make sure it works. 

It was really apparent playing the RE3 demo, you can press A rapidly to shake off zombies but it never worked. 

*edit - maybe I'm just being paranoid. Tried the PS4 RE3 demo and it was the same. The buttons don't feel as good as other controllers but maybe it's just the design and it's not actually faulty. 

Heads up if you don’t use trading folder much Some good deals on Xbox one x bundles at curry’s and argos at moment I’ve posted a thread in bargains 

On 18/03/2020 at 19:51, Fargo said:

There have been a lot of reports of face buttons sticking (particularly the 'A' button), with folks in the US getting multiple replacements with exactly the same problems. Unfortunately the build quality/quality control on the Elite controller line has never been great (I had 2 V1's with issues and there are loads of people with peeling grips etc.) and it appears that the V2 line has similar quality problems. Hopefully it's addressed in future production runs.

6 minutes ago, Phil said:

There have been a lot of reports of face buttons sticking (particularly the 'A' button), with folks in the US getting multiple replacements with exactly the same problems. Unfortunately the build quality/quality control on the Elite controller line has never been great (I had 2 V1's with issues and there are loads of people with peeling grips etc.) and it appears that the V2 line has similar quality problems. Hopefully it's addressed in future production runs.

V2 is a massive improvement over the first. It’s a bit annoying if there are problems with the buttons, although I haven’t encountered any myself on either of the pads I’ve got here. Hopefully it’s only affecting a small amount of people and MS are willing to offer replacements.

How do you know there are similar quality problems? Are there figures anywhere of how many issues there have been with both V1 & 2?

12 hours ago, JPL said:

V2 is a massive improvement over the first. It’s a bit annoying if there are problems with the buttons, although I haven’t encountered any myself on either of the pads I’ve got here. Hopefully it’s only affecting a small amount of people and MS are willing to offer replacements.

How do you know there are similar quality problems? Are there figures anywhere of how many issues there have been with both V1 & 2?

I'm not aware of any official figures - MS aren't likely to publish failure/return rates ;)

However, the volume of threads/reports on reddit and resetera about the face buttons on the V2 is reminiscent of the V1.

As it happens, the A button on my new standard Xbox One pad is also a bit spongey compared to the other standard pad I've had since the One S was released, so it may not just be limited to the Elite.

The main problem with the Elite line is that the quality control and customer support simply doesn't live up to the price tag. I had to resort to dispute resolution and repairing my V1 myself. 

10 minutes ago, Phil said:

I'm not aware of any official figures - MS aren't likely to publish failure/return rates ;)

However, the volume of threads/reports on reddit and resetera about the face buttons on the V2 is reminiscent of the V1.

As it happens, the A button on my new standard Xbox One pad is also a bit spongey compared to the other standard pad I've had since the One S was released, so it may not just be limited to the Elite.

The main problem with the Elite line is that the quality control and customer support simply doesn't live up to the price tag. I had to resort to dispute resolution and repairing my V1 myself. 

I’ve never had to use their customer service for one myself, but you’re dead right, for such a premium product they should have a dedicated customer service team and be properly on the ball if things fuck up. They’re usually really good, so it’s weird that they’re so bad over these controllers.

I agree, and it's weird because MS customer service used to be amazing. Back when my 360 got RRD they gave me a free wireless headset in addition to the repair. I received several brand new 360 pads when they developed stick drift and so on. Yet when my Elite broke the only option was a 'refurbished' unit - which was in worse cosmetic condition than my like new unit, and was also full of gunk and hair and had knackered sticks. Maybe people took the piss and they were losing loads of money, or maybe they just decided to save money by doing the bare minimum. It's a shame.

2 hours ago, Phil said:

Back when my 360 got RRD

I think the difference there was that Steve Balmer signed off on an insane amount of money to repair/replace 360 consoles and through customer service effectively save the brand. There's an ign podcast where Peter Moore talks about having to go tell Balmer what was going on.  It's a good listen if you're interested, it's called something like "Xbox chiefs roundtable", they bring together a few heads of Xbox through the years.

I agree that the elite pad construction isn't what it should be. The rubber grips on two of my pads have come off and I know someone whose L&R bumpers broke, in what is a common fault, apparently. 

• Upvote 2

My Elite v2 developed stick drift after being thrashed hard on Trials Rising. Very annoying but to be fair the replacement process was quick and painless, which is should be for a five-month-old product!

6 hours ago, Wahwah* said:

There's an ign podcast where Peter Moore talks about having to go tell Balmer what was going on.  It's a good listen if you're interested, it's called something like "Xbox chiefs roundtable", they bring together a few heads of Xbox through the years.

Looks like this one:

• Upvote 3

Has something happened to the Dolby app? I wanted to buy the Atmos license but can't even download it from the store.

Something has. After watching Cerny's talk I discovered my Xbox had switched to Windows Sonic and I've no idea how long it's been like that. Switched it back on and it has made traversing at a slow gallop around St Denis even more captivating.(RDR2)

On 16/03/2020 at 12:12, Garwoofoo said:

I couldn't sign in last night but found out something I didn't know before: if you go into the Network tab in Settings and choose "go offline", the Xbox will sign you in and let you play single-player stuff even if Xbox Live is down.  It's not like the PS4 where it defaults to an offline sign-off if it can't connect. So I was able to play Witcher 3 and I was happy.

The PS4 doesn't do that at all, you can go into network and tell it to go offline as well and still play single player games.

The bullshit people say on here is ridiculous :lol: