rllmuk
mushashi

Xbox One Console Thread

Picked up an today X, from Amazon's warehouse deals. 

I'd pretended for long enough that I was happy with my S, but Jedi: Fallen Order finally made me go "I need this in my face, in FOURKAY!"

Part of the excitement, is seeing what state it'll arrive in. 

51 minutes ago, John Edward Gammell said:

Picked up an today X, from Amazon's warehouse deals. 

I'd pretended for long enough that I was happy with my S, but Jedi: Fallen Order finally made me go "I need this in my face, in FOURKAY!"

Part of the excitement, is seeing what state it'll arrive in. 

I'd imagine it'll be in pretty good nic, I mean surely people just buy a console, pop in it their unit on a shelf etc and that's then pretty much it isn't it?

If anything I have a suspicion that it might possibly have been returned for being noisey, something that might not show itself till you pop a game on that taxes it somewhat. 

Easy enough fix if it does turn out to be the case anyway :)

It's practically mint...

DORH3y9.jpg

Nothing missing, including the game codes. 

I thought there was an issue with the controller, but the top right bumper was wedged into the frame. Popped it back up, and everything's golden. 

• Upvote 8

Is there a way to stop ‘following’ any game you play? With playing more and more games on Game Pass, it’s polluting my Activity Feed (which I’m starting to quite enjoy) and whilst there are filters, the game one is limited to games you follow. Which is annoying on auto-follow. 

Got one of those swanky Elite series 2 controllers for Christmas. Absolutely lovely bit of kit and I spent most of Christmas Day evening swapping sticks, adjusting tension, tweaking acceleration curves, assigning paddles and generally having absolutely no clue what I was doing at all. I’m sure once I actually start playing something with it I will get some idea of what works and what doesn’t!

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, MattKB said:

Is there a way to stop ‘following’ any game you play? With playing more and more games on Game Pass, it’s polluting my Activity Feed (which I’m starting to quite enjoy) and whilst there are filters, the game one is limited to games you follow. Which is annoying on auto-follow. 

Should be this: go to the game in the games and apps menu> menu button> go to game hub> hide from my feed. I think that's right.

That works thanks, but you need to opt out of every game you’ve played. I’d prefer an opt in ideally. 

13 hours ago, MattKB said:

That works thanks, but you need to opt out of every game you’ve played. I’d prefer an opt in ideally. 

It's a pain in the backside, but if you use the xbox app in Windows 10, you can go to "clubs" then "my clubs" and from there, there is a tab at the top for "following", that lists every game you are following and you can unfollow them one by one. It makes it slightly easier to do it on a PC rather than the Xbox.

The only trouble is, that the following tab throws up an error pretty frequently, so you have to keep refreshing it until it populates. 

My Xbox One losing the ability to connect to the internet every few months. It's a wired connection so nothing to do with wi-fi connectivity and the only way it can be resolved is by physically unplugging the unit and leaving it for a few minutes.

It is infuriating.

22 hours ago, Garwoofoo said:

Got one of those swanky Elite series 2 controllers for Christmas.

After the shoddiness of the original Elite controller there is no way I am handing that sort of money to MS for a controller ever again. That the most poorly built controller I've owned is also the most expensive (by a ludicrous amount)  is quite the achievement.

27 minutes ago, Mike S said:

My Xbox One losing the ability to connect to the internet every few months. It's a wired connection so nothing to do with wi-fi connectivity and the only way it can be resolved is by physically unplugging the unit and leaving it for a few minutes.

It is infuriating.

Check your router settings whether there isn't an ip conflict. If it happens occasionally and the console is wired, it sounds like an ip conflict. Manually set the ip of your Xbox if needs be, but if your router allows it you can make sure by setting it outside the DHCP range. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, womble9 said:

Guys check your emails this morning :).

If you've got a mail from MS Store titled "Shop boxing week sale now" then clicking on the Squirrel in the bottom right hand corner = Bingo Bongo, Bob's your uncle, here's a £5 MS store voucher, hurrah....

rewards.thumb.jpg.f3086b33f82a49b922d6c1b40858dac2.jpg

Tons of stuff in the MS sale at the moment, I'm currently deliberating over whether to get either Far Cry 5 or Resi 2 for £8 or £9 or to perhaps just get Death of the Outsider FOC :).

Nice one!! Cheers for that. I saw the email but didn't pay attention so that is a great spot!! 

1 hour ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Check your router settings whether there isn't an ip conflict. If it happens occasionally and the console is wired, it sounds like an ip conflict. Manually set the ip of your Xbox if needs be, but if your router allows it you can make sure by setting it outside the DHCP range. 

Thanks!

I don't really know what any of that means but, when I get a moment, I shall have a look at the router settings and hope it all becomes clear!

Just now, Mike S said:

I'm with Zen Internet...

Fair enough. Virgin Hubs cause drop outs all the bloody time when wired to Xbox One. 

19 minutes ago, bradigor said:

Fair enough. Virgin Hubs cause drop outs all the bloody time when wired to Xbox One. 

Yeah, the connection is solid as you like 99% of the time. It only loses  connectivity when it's been turned off and then restarted, rather than once it's up and running..

1 hour ago, Mike S said:

Thanks!

I don't really know what any of that means but, when I get a moment, I shall have a look at the router settings and hope it all becomes clear!

You know what an IP address is? Each device in your network is automatically assigned one. That automatic assignment is what DHCP does. It's worth a try setting your Xbox One to a static IP to see if that helps. Doing it by going into the settings of your Xbox itself, is easier. What I said about going into the router and setting it outside the DHCP range (the range of addresses that are automatically assigned) is more advanced.

I don't know if it'll help, but from what you're describing it's the first thing I'd try myself.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mike S said:

Yeah, the connection is solid as you like 99% of the time. It only loses  connectivity when it's been turned off and then restarted, rather than once it's up and running..

Stick it on instant on.

I might get an EA Access sub to play A Way Out. Or I might just buy the game for a tenner in the sale. 

Does EA Access ever go cheap now? I seem to remember buying a year's sub for about £12 a couple of years back. I'm not sure it's worth an extra ten pounds over the cost of the game #Skinflint. 

On 27/12/2019 at 10:47, womble9 said:

Guys check your emails this morning :).

If you've got a mail from MS Store titled "Shop boxing week sale now" then clicking on the Squirrel in the bottom right hand corner = Bingo Bongo, Bob's your uncle, here's a £5 MS store voucher, hurrah....

rewards.thumb.jpg.f3086b33f82a49b922d6c1b40858dac2.jpg

Tons of stuff in the MS sale at the moment, I'm currently deliberating over whether to get either Far Cry 5 or Resi 2 for £8 or £9 or to perhaps just get Death of the Outsider FOC :).

boo just tried it, says it’s expired even though small print says 3rd jan!

Just seen I've been charged £10.99 for a months Game Pass Ultimate. I'm not paying that or any of the options as I don't think I'll get my money's worth, so if I cancel will it revert back to Gold?

From what I gather I have to cancel the Ultimate and resign up to Gold.

Not sure I want to lose my 17 year old Gamertag so may just carry on.  :unsure: