rllmuk
mushashi

Xbox One Console Thread

Better exclusives comes down to a matter of opinion and depends on what you enjoy playing, There's more of a broad range of choice and variety with Xbox exclusives. PS first party exclusives are a little 3rd person movie/cinematic heavy for my liking.

Hardware wise the One X is a much nicer and more capable system than the Pro. And Game Pass is probably the best thing that's happened this gen.

• Upvote 3

The idea there is probably that you have already paid for the dolby license with your hi fi hardware. 10 bucks is a fraction of what you would normally pay for that.

I think it works system wide now as well, so whatever you play (with headphones on), is upmixed through Atmos

Not sure if that has been rolled out outside of alpha ring

https://www.techradar.com/amp/news/all-xbox-one-consoles-to-get-dolby-atmos-audio-upmixing

8 hours ago, Kryptonian said:

Seems a bit much getting an X now with the new console coming out next year...

Anyone considering getting an X at this stage who doesn’t already have Game Pass stacked up, and wants to get Scarlett when it comes out is probably best off getting Xbox All Access I would’ve thought. 

https://www.game.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/mHubArticleView?hubId=2666252&articleId=2666253&catalogId=10201&langId=44&storeId=10151&cm_mmc=-_--_--_-+-+e&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIyveEn-v_5QIVDLTtCh0oGg0WEAAYASAAEgLYrPD_BwE

8 minutes ago, Pob said:

Anyone considering getting an X at this stage who doesn’t already have Game Pass stacked up, and wants to get Scarlett when it comes out is probably best off getting Xbox All Access I would’ve thought. 

https://www.game.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/mHubArticleView?hubId=2666252&articleId=2666253&catalogId=10201&langId=44&storeId=10151&cm_mmc=-_--_--_-+-+e&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIyveEn-v_5QIVDLTtCh0oGg0WEAAYASAAEgLYrPD_BwE

Reading through the T&C's you have to make 18 payments before being allowed to upgrade and you have to hand your console back. 

Question about all access as I expect it's not really clear ...do you actually own the console or not? The above suggests you are effectively renting it.

Limited-time offer: Customers who get an Xbox One X with Xbox All Access by 31 Dec, 2019 have the option to upgrade to the next Xbox console after 12 months. Terms apply.+

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Pob said:

Works out at £900 in total though.

Yeah it's not cost effective at all from what I read.  I'd kind off stepped out of ps4 / Xbox gaming since I got the switch so I've got stacks of stuff to play over the next year.  

24 minutes ago, Hitcher said:

Works out at £900 in total though.

24 x £25 is £600 for which you get an X now, a hassle-free upgrade to Scarlett as soon as it’s released and 2 years of Game Pass. 

If you want to get a Scarlett at launch it’ll probably be at least £450. If that turns out to be the price, that means £150 for a year’s worth of X goodness now and 2 years of Game Pass. Seems pretty good to me if you actually want all that stuff. 

And yes, you will own the Scarlett at the end of it. 

EDIT: correction, it’s Game Pass Ultimate, which is even better as it includes XBL Gold. 

12 minutes ago, Pob said:

24 x £25 is £600 for which you get an X now, a hassle-free upgrade to Scarlett as soon as it’s released and 2 years of Game Pass. 

When you get the Scarlett you start a new payment agreement though.

Upgrade requires at least 12 full payments on your original Xbox All Access contract, and entering into a new fixed term financial agreement with Klarna for purchase of a new 24-month Xbox All Access contract for the next Xbox Console

9 hours ago, Kryptonian said:

Seeing as he’s only just looking to get an X now, maybe he’ll do the same with the next gen and not upgrade until later in its life. Not a bad way to do it, if you can resist the lure of new tech.

19 minutes ago, Hitcher said:

When you get the Scarlett you start a new payment agreement though.

Ah, hadn’t spotted that. 

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, gossi the dog said:

Intriguingly both FIFA and the new Need for Speed are on sale but not in Europe.

Annoyingly at least NFS is on sale on PS4 :/ FIFA probably is too but I can't remember.

18 hours ago, gossi the dog said:

Intriguingly both FIFA and the new Need for Speed are on sale but not in Europe.

fifa20 shows as being on sale at £35.99 on my Xbox.

21 hours ago, Kryptonian said:

Does it? Probably be able to get an X for ~£300 this side of Christmas.

How much will the new console launch at?

5 minutes ago, Nein said:

Does it? Probably be able to get an X for ~£300 this side of Christmas.

How much will the new console launch at?

Microsoft need to go for it, with their new console. No way can they release at £429 again, so I reckon £399.

2 minutes ago, Mr Do 71 said:

Microsoft need to go for it, with their new console. No way can they release at £429 again, so I reckon £399.

Surely there's no way they can release a new, cutting edge console at £399?

4 minutes ago, Nein said:

Surely there's no way they can release a new, cutting edge console at £399?

PS4 launched at £349, and has sold 100 million units. Sony went with GDDR5 memory, and looked what that did for the console.

That would be very brave, functional gaming PCs haven't got more expensive.

But we do have to bear in mind the exchange rate might be as low as 1:1 instead of the (and try not to cry) 1.61 it was when the PS3 launched.

38 minutes ago, deerokus said:

I'd be surprised if it's as low as 399. The consoles this gen are going to be Five Hundred and Ninety Nine US dollars. 

Think £399 will be the sweet spot to get people onto the next console... Although they can probably charge what they want when it releases as well supply and demand and all that.

Personally not interested in another Xbox (or PlayStation ) for the next couple of years. Happy to wait and see what content comes out.