rllmuk
mushashi

Xbox One Console Thread

A Lidl branch will typically only have 4 or 5 of these headline deals at the very, very most. In a lot of cases fewer. 

It's just to get you in the doors really. 

If I do get an One X this month, what surround sound headset should I be buying that won't break the bank (EDIT - max £80 I think). 

Edited by Nein

1 minute ago, Nein said:

If I do get an One X this month, what surround sound headset should I be buying that won't break the bank?

3 of my 4 gaming mates have the turtle beach stealth 600 and we rate them highly.  Wireless, connect to the xbox as if it was a controller.  Decent battery, dual volume controls for game and chat. Works well with glasses.  

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Nein said:

If I do get an One X this month, what surround sound headset should I be buying that won't break the bank?

Not sure what your 'won't break the bank' budget is but this is what I've got:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/LucidSound-LS35X-Wireless-High-Fidelity-Audio-Headset/dp/B071JSYH33/ref=sr_1_1?crid=30BKFNVXE2Y95&keywords=ls35x&qid=1574362552&sprefix=ls35x%2Caps%2C167&sr=8-1

Uses the same wireless protocol as the official controllers, Works well with the Dolby Atmos app. Battery lasts forever.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Revival said:

Not sure what your 'won't break the bank' budget is but this is what I've got:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/LucidSound-LS35X-Wireless-High-Fidelity-Audio-Headset/dp/B071JSYH33/ref=sr_1_1?crid=30BKFNVXE2Y95&keywords=ls35x&qid=1574362552&sprefix=ls35x%2Caps%2C167&sr=8-1

Uses the same wireless protocol as the official controllers, Works well with the Dolby Atmos app. Battery lasts forever.

Yeah I should have been clearer there - Probably £80 at the max. So as lovely as that looks I probably won't indulge!

9 hours ago, JPL said:

Why? Are they just trying to shift old stock? Do Aldi usually do games consoles? As you can probably tell, I know absolutely nothing about Aldi.

They have a habit of loss leading offers with poor stock.

7 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

Modern Warfares stupid editions are in the sale but the base game isn't. Bunch of cunts.

Bastards aren't they? I only want to play the campaign, and 50 odd quid is far too much for 6 or 7 hours worth of game :/ 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, SteveH said:

I only want to play the campaign, and 50 odd quid is far too much for 6 or 7 hours worth of game :/ 

Grab a secondhand copy to play and resell?

Unless someone on here sells one second hand copies are still 45 quid. I didn't want a disc version of this but chances are it'll be in on of the many black Friday sales due in the next week so I guess I'll go for that.

Just now, bradigor said:

Not sure if it will be the same on Xbox, but according to the PS Blog the standard edition is getting a price drop from the 29th, whilst others are on sale now. 

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019/11/21/black-friday-starts-early-at-playstation-store/

Right I'll keep me eyes open. Cheers dude.

That's still a bit shitty if people don't know that and buy the stupid editions because the base isn't reduced.

• Upvote 1

My ps4 is chugging and I'm debating what to get to replace it..a x and game pass comes to mind. Any tips on how to secure the cheapest deal? 

Just now, Gord said:

My ps4 is chugging and I'm debating what to get to replace it..a x and game pass comes to mind. Any tips on how to secure the cheapest deal? 

I guess wait until black friday kicks off proper and then see what Game, ShopTo, Amazon et al are doing.

Sorry. The general gist is to find the cheapest year sub, buy up to 3 years worth (the maximum) then convert for a pound. There's some fuckery about applying a year, cancelling the auto sub to claim an extra month, then applying the second, repeat, then the third then converting it all for £1. It might be worth askign in the Game Pass thread or just reading through it for clarification.

CDKeys have gold for £37.99/year https://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/memberships/12-month-xbox-live-gold-membership-xbox-one-360-eu-cd-key?utm_currency=GBP&gclid=Cj0KCQiAq97uBRCwARIsADTziyaGtDkecMJqQndxl5YXsjqLuk3yc4rrorZ0s1cYmfGYuJMze3br7WMaAv38EALw_wcB

26 minutes ago, evilashchris said:

Check your Xbox Messages, just found a tenner voucher sitting in mine :D

Giving out favours at X019? ;)

1 hour ago, evilashchris said:

Check your Xbox Messages, just found a tenner voucher sitting in mine :D

How much have you bought from the Xbox store, this year? I reckon they only give out these £10 to those who have spent a bit.

20 hours ago, Nein said:

If I do get an One X this month, what surround sound headset should I be buying that won't break the bank (EDIT - max £80 I think). 

If you pay (£10?) for the Dolby Atmos codec app through the store and change the sound output to Atmos doesn’t that turn any pair of stereo headphones into a decent surround type pair? 

Not wireless of course (I have mine plugged into the pad) but mine even work with the mic. 

You don’t even need to stump up for the Atmos codex. Selecting Windows Sonic as the headphones option gives you really decent virtual surround on any pair of headphones plugged into the pad. 

1 hour ago, Mr Do 71 said:

How much have you bought from the Xbox store, this year? I reckon they only give out these £10 to those who have spent a bit.

Almost nothing since Gamepass tbh. 

Between Gamepass and everything else I already own I struggled to find anything in the Black Friday deal but eventually settled for both South Park games (I haven't played either before).

3 hours ago, Yiggy said:

If you pay (£10?) for the Dolby Atmos codec app through the store and change the sound output to Atmos doesn’t that turn any pair of stereo headphones into a decent surround type pair? 

Not wireless of course (I have mine plugged into the pad) but mine even work with the mic. 

3 hours ago, Garwoofoo said:

You don’t even need to stump up for the Atmos codex. Selecting Windows Sonic as the headphones option gives you really decent virtual surround on any pair of headphones plugged into the pad. 

Thanks for this, but I own a pair of iPhone earphones and thats it!

Was going to.wait For the black Fridays sales but......Xbox one x get.

first impressions - is the user interface an utter nightmare to use or is it just me.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Gord said:

Was going to.wait For the black Fridays sales but......Xbox one x get.

first impressions - is the user interface a utter nightmare to use it is it just me.a

Every now and then they overhaul it, but it's always just a bit of a side grade. It never actually gets more intuitive to use.

It's ok once you get used to it.

7 hours ago, Gord said:

I'm just checking Argos/Amazon etc. every morning!

EDIT - Just saw you meant Game Pass, nevermind. 

Edited by Nein

Been considering getting Xbox One X this Black Friday what is the general consensus on which is better PS4 Pro vs XB1X. As far as I can tell other than better exclusives the XB1X is the better console to own.