rllmuk
mushashi

Xbox One Console Thread

My kids both have email addresses but they don’t have access to them, I do all that. It means they have Microsoft accounts so are within the family and get access to stuff and I can set time limits, view activity etc. I think you might need that type of account for cloud saves etc too

• Upvote 1

Has anyone done the £1 Ultimate conversion lately (and could you post a link if so)? I'm a bit worried about ending up with 33 months of Gold and only 3 months of Ultimate.

Yeah, it's XO19 that worries me. I hope they've not been really sneaky to catch out cheap bastards like me.

I'll only be buying one next-gen console and my laptop can't run most of the GP games. But I'll pay that much for streaming, and then have Gold if I go Scarlett over PS5.

16 hours ago, Kryptonian said:

Are you sure local profiles aren’t still a thing?

My nephew was given an old Xbox One (when the X came out) to use at his dad's and it was unusable until he brought it back to me because he didn't have an Internet connection at the time. I had to set him up a Microsoft account as part of the process. Once it was all setup he could use it fine offline.

I had a One S a while back but sold it when I moved to Oz. The live gold account is still active. I’ve just purchased a One X. Does anyone know if it’s possible to still use the account and just change region? Will I still be able to access the digital games I purchased in the UK?

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, g wings said:

I had a One S a while back but sold it when I moved to Oz. The live gold account is still active. I’ve just purchased a One X. Does anyone know if it’s possible to still use the account and just change region? Will I still be able to access the digital games I purchased in the UK?

Yes. The Xbox doesn’t do regions. You can buy from any storefront and it will be tied to your one account. 360 games on the other hand might be an issue.

14 hours ago, Escaped said:

Yeah, it's XO19 that worries me. I hope they've not been really sneaky to catch out cheap bastards like me.

I'll only be buying one next-gen console and my laptop can't run most of the GP games. But I'll pay that much for streaming, and then have Gold if I go Scarlett over PS5.

I haven't checked myself but it should still work - Microsoft is very aware of this loophole and the most likely reason they haven't done anything about it for so long, is that it ties a lot of core games to their ecosystem and the upcoming Scarlett. If the £1 offer is still up, it should still work. Best deal in gaming history.

I just realized what this reminds me of - this Game Pass Ultimate 3 years for € 1 deal feels like getting your console modded, like when you got your Yod@ Xbox with all those games suddenly "freely" available to you. Only this time it's completely legal and you're still able to go online and Uncle Phil still loves you. 

• Upvote 8

Yeah, I still feel I stole Outer Worlds frankly.

I'm going to solve that by buying boxed ones for at least 2 Mass Effect/Fallout fans for christmas.

1 hour ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

I just realized what this reminds me of - this Game Pass Ultimate 3 years for € 1 deal feels like getting your console modded, like when you got your Yod@ Xbox with all those games suddenly "freely" available to you. Only this time it's completely legal and you're still able to go online and Uncle Phil still loves you. 

Strangely I had a similar thought while talking to a friend. I likened it to the days of Amiga piracy when you could have tons of copies and never pay, except this is legit! 

How Game Pass is Transforming Xbox

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2019-11-14-how-game-pass-is-transforming-xbox

There are a lot of Xbox games in the works.

Halo, Ori, Age of Empires, Flight Simulator, Bleeding Edge, Battletoads, Everwild, Tell Me Why, Gears Tactics, Grounded... and there's more to be announced. Matt Booty, head of Xbox Game Studios, tells us that they'll be further reveals before Christmas and even more in early 2020.

"You will see one of the most exciting line-ups that we've had coming from Xbox Game Studios in as long as I can remember," he says confidently. "For the first time ever, we really have way more games than we know what to do with in terms of knowing when they'll be announced."

"Right now, quality and curation is so important to us," he says. "I don't want Game Pass to become the place where half-finished or lower-quality games end up. Given some of the challenges we've had with some things coming out of Xbox Game Studios that may not have been at the quality level that we'd want, I think for the time being we're going to stay very focused on improving our execution and the quality of games that we make."

• Upvote 3

Any thoughts on ‘Black Friday’ One X deals? My One went kaput (thanks to a clumsy move...) and I figured I may as well hold out and get an X. 

I’ve seen mention of them probably going down to £300 with one game. I have seen people on Hot UK Deals saying £250 but I think that’s really pushing it. 

5 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

Lidl are advertising the Xbox One S All Digital edition for £129 on Flack Briday.

That's a ridiculously good deal. 

Bit annoying that it only comes in white. 

Edited by Nein

Looks like the Black Friday sale on the store has started early. There's some decent stuff. Resident Evil 2 is £14.84, Prey is £4.99, Devil May Cry V is £14.84 and Assassin's Creed Odyssey: Gold Edition (With the remastered ACIII) is £27.99. There's nothing on the compose yet, but the deals can be seen here. 

https://xbdeals.net/gb-store/discounts?type=games

• Upvote 1

If you buy the Dishonored/Dishonored 2/Death Of The Outsider Bundle, it's £19.49. It's £2 cheaper to buy them all individually. :lol:

I already owned the first game on disc, but couldn't resist buying them all for that price. 

Just now, Purin said:

Are Xbox UK really not doing any deals on consoles for Blach Friday???

https://www.xbox.com/en-GB/promotions/sales/black-friday

In the US there's up to $150 off!

(and yes I know about the Aldi deal)

The second sentence says ‘Save on consoles...’, so hopefully they will and they just haven’t announced them yet. Somebody else might know better though. I’m just guessing/hoping.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JPL said:

The second sentence says ‘Save on consoles...’, so hopefully they will and they just haven’t announced them yet. Somebody else might know better though. I’m just guessing/hoping.

Funny that it's already up on the US site.

Yeah, it is a bit weird. They must have something lined up though, as how else will Aldi be able to undercut everyone by so much? I presume they try and keep price parity across retailers, even around Black Friday. Like I say though, I’m just guessing really.

2 minutes ago, davidcotton said:

Chances of anyone actually getting the aldi offer though must be fairly slim I'd of thought?

Why? Are they just trying to shift old stock? Do Aldi usually do games consoles? As you can probably tell, I know absolutely nothing about Aldi.

25 minutes ago, JPL said:

Why? Are they just trying to shift old stock? Do Aldi usually do games consoles? As you can probably tell, I know absolutely nothing about Aldi.

Neither do I in all honesty, just going by some comments on  hotukdeals.  Seems some stores may get 2 or 3 in each and that's about it!

3 hours ago, gossi the dog said:

Why is Nier Automata never on sale? It's Square Enix who seem to heavily discount everything within weeks of release, but Nier on the Xbox never seems to be included.

I know, right? Every month I've been looking for a discount but bar a small one or two a while back it's steered clear. Mind you, not that I'm short of stuff to play in the meantime.