rllmuk
mushashi

Xbox One Console Thread

8 hours ago, Hitcher said:

Well if you add the 360 GwG to download they'll then get downloaded on the 360 when it's switched on, so maybe when your kids do that it also triggers the Xbox One to download them.

Yeah, that seems like it could be it. I'll check top see if auto download is on. Although, that golf game for XB1 was installed, too. May just need to shoot MS a support ticket. 

14 hours ago, ScouserInExile said:

If I've taken a screenshot, how do I share it in here?

Take a photo of your telly and then tweet it. 

16 hours ago, mechamonkey said:

From my PC I use www.gamerdvr.com to get at my uploaded files

Then I tend to host them on https://imgur.com/ and if you click on your image there should be an option for direct link which I paste here.

Yeah, this is exactly what I did. I thought there was a way to get a direct like from where they're stored when you take the screenshot.

I haven't switched my One X on in over a month, mainly because I was fed up with it. It kept crashing, saves going wrong etc. The HD was fucked I had to keep resetting it to factory defaults. Bought it from Amazon October last year, so well past their 30 day return.

Gave them a ring, and they're giving me a full refund! Woo! So will buy a new one in the coming weeks.

• Upvote 6

Imgbb.com is much better than imgur as it doesn’t compress your screenshots. Everything on imgur looks artefacts and shit. They also don’t want you to direct link so them make it a real pain to do it on mobile. 

On 14/07/2019 at 15:51, Monkeyboy said:

I haven't switched my One X on in over a month, mainly because I was fed up with it. It kept crashing, saves going wrong etc. The HD was fucked I had to keep resetting it to factory defaults. Bought it from Amazon October last year, so well past their 30 day return.

Gave them a ring, and they're giving me a full refund! Woo! So will buy a new one in the coming weeks.

I am intrigued as to what you said to them to get a refund like that. No return either?

3 hours ago, Jg15 said:

I am intrigued as to what you said to them to get a refund like that. No return either?

"It's broken".

9/10 Amazon returns are usuay one of the best out there.

Fair enough, I have never had to contact them in that regard. Good to know as well, I bought my X a few months back from Amazon and am paranoid that it might pack up (it can be a little noisy at night but nothing terrible).

8 hours ago, Jg15 said:

I still have to return it, but that's fine. It's not costing me anything, Amazon are paying for that as well. There's not really much to return anyway, the console, the controller, hdmi cable etc. and I still have the original box -- and also the box that box came in, incredibly -- which is handy.

The guy I spoke to on the phone said he was an Xbox fan, so I wonder if that swayed things a little. He seemed to have a lot of sympathy once I explained what the problem was. The fact that it was just the console and not in any type of bundle also might have helped. I imagine it's easier to sort out, the refund at their end, and the return at my end, as there's no download codes that I might have used.

It's doubly surprising because I bought it through a third party seller on Amazon, and not direct from Amazon. Haven't even had to contact the seller. The guy on the phone just okayed the refund and that was the end of it.

What's great is that when I buy the console again in a couple of weeks, it'll be fifty quid cheaper than what I paid for it last year! :) 

• Upvote 1

None of my games are launching again and I’m getting 0x97e10804 error again. Is this that thing that affects everyone again? I seem to recall last time I thought my X was fucked but it was everyone, not just me.

Its my day off today.

Edit: ah it’s working now. Worrying that the error code isn’t found anywhere at all.

47 minutes ago, DC said:

None of my games are launching again and I’m getting 0x97e10804 error again. Is this that thing that affects everyone again? I seem to recall last time I thought my X was fucked but it was everyone, not just me.

Its my day off today.

Edit: ah it’s working now. Worrying that the error code isn’t found anywhere at all.

I get that occasionally, often after I've remotely downloaded games. 

A restart always fixes it (so far). 

there's no way to record the homescreen, is there?

shame.

getting fed up of the 30 second delay between displaying it, and drawing the green square so I can select things.

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Dudley said:

Someone on the Xbox dev team bought a PS4 then?

Hopefully they aren't stupid enough to force you to horizontally scroll through hundreds of installed games.

• Empathy 1

Hitting a shoulder button to jump through them all isn't very intuitive, though. I've had a PS4 since launch and over the past few weeks I've been scrolling through them all manually until you posted that and it jogged my memory.

1 hour ago, Jg15 said:

It does look "cleaner". Let's hope they eliminate some of the lag.

This is the main thing for me. I don't understand how the WORLDS MOST POWERFUL CONSOLE can feel so bloody slow in the menus. It's awful.

12 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

Hitting a shoulder button to jump through them all isn't very intuitive, though. I've had a PS4 since launch and over the past few weeks I've been scrolling through them all manually until you posted that and it jogged my memory.

I just put them into folders (arcade, main, vr, media, and multiplayer). Very little scrolling needed