rllmuk
mushashi

Xbox One Console Thread

6 minutes ago, MattyP said:

£10 would be the sweet spot given lots of other services seem to go for this sort of level.... Hopefully it's not £15 because that is just well silly. As mentioned you can get both cheaper now. More so shopping for discounts.

indeed, even something like paying for 10 months upfront, and getting 2 free, it's the difference between £100 and £150

Madness!

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Purin said:

I hope that doesn't translate to £15.

According to my maths, Gamepass and Live are £13.16 a month -  (£8.99 x 12) + £49.99

I think the max this Game Pass Ultimate can be is £12.99 a month, ideally it will be £9.99.

Agreed, a tenner a month and I'll stay in but I'm already at the point where I'm considering cancelling one or the other, or both, and then just buying outright the games I really want. Whilst Game Pass is brilliant I just don't have the time to properly get my money's worth from it.

I think Game Pass is something I'll be inclined to dip into, rather than maintain a subscription. I first got on board for Crackdown 3, and in the space of the next two months followed that up with Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Abzu, Halo 5 and Double Dragon Neon. Astoundingly good value for £2. Had I more time, I'd have given a few other games a spin too.

However, to maintain a sub would be to ignore the wide array of games I already own and haven't played, and that doesn't make any sense. When the next big tentpole game arrives that I'd love to play, I'll pay for another couple of months and go through another set.

On 10/04/2019 at 10:37, SeanR said:

indeed, even something like paying for 10 months upfront, and getting 2 free, it's the difference between £100 and £150

Madness!

:) Just managed to get a whole year of Game Pass sorted out for £48. Bought 6 months in Jan for around £24. Then 6 months recently for £24.

That's roughly the price of one AAA game. No trainer for me. The fact that MS are bringing new Xbox exclusives to PC too is just the icing on the cake. Play anywhere is a really good initiative by MS;. Think GP is getting an official PC release soon too - hopefully they'll get plenty of third party titles on there. Give something else for Epic and Steam to think about... :D 

Interesting times ahead for MS and its Xbox platform. 

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, MattyP said:

:) Just managed to get a whole year of Game Pass sorted out for £48. Bought 6 months in Jan for around £24. Then 6 months recently for £24.

That's roughly the price of one AAA game. No trainer for me. The fact that MS are bringing new Xbox exclusives to PC too is just the icing on the cake. Play anywhere is a really good initiative by MS;. Think GP is getting an official PC release soon too - hopefully they'll get plenty of third party titles on there. Give something else for Epic and Steam to think about... :D 

Interesting times ahead for MS and its Xbox platform. 

Yeah, stocking up with Gamepass when it is on offer is the best way at the moment.  1 year for £48.  I've already had Crowndown 3 and Forza Horizon 4 specifically out of it, let alone all the other games I've got on my list to play.  Either one of those games would have set me back by around the same amount. 

3 minutes ago, McCoy said:

Yeah, stocking up with Gamepass when it is on offer is the best way at the moment.  1 year for £48.  I've already had Crowndown 3 and Forza Horizon 4 specifically out of it, let alone all the other games I've got on my list to play.  Either one of those games would have set me back by around the same amount. 

Just realised I've actually played through the equivalent of £175 worth of games since getting Game Pass - in total I have spent just under £51 since last October (and that has got me Game Pass until December this year).

Even if I had paid full price for gamepass (£7.99 a month) upto now I would have spent £56 in sub fees. Insane. 

@ScouserInExile It should be on the homepage. One of the four (?) boxes that appear on screen, usually next to the icon showing what disc is in the drive.

To get to it via the store, you need to click on the "deals" tab and you'll see it listed there

14 hours ago, McCoy said:

I've already had Crowndown 3

Is that the one with the fully destructible Buckingham Palace?

• Upvote 4

38 minutes ago, ScouserInExile said:

How do I find Games With Gold on my Xbox? I've tried looking in the store and it's not there...

It should be in the store under deals or on a tile in the dashboard OR if you open the Xbox side menu, it's often there too. 

If you can't find it in any of those places you could use the website to add the games to your account:

https://www.xbox.com/en-gb/live/games-with-gold?source=lp

23 minutes ago, Wahwah* said:

It should be in the store under deals or on a tile in the dashboard OR if you open the Xbox side menu, it's often there too. 

If you can't find it in any of those places you could use the website to add the games to your account:

https://www.xbox.com/en-gb/live/games-with-gold?source=lp

Unless I'm being blind, can't see a tile anywhere. I tend to use the website to add the games, but this week's TCGS podcast mentioned you could pin the tile, so I thought I'd try that. Can't find the tile to pin it!

QQ: a tile on my dashboard says “Extend Gold & Game Pass now and save 50%”. Clicking on it takes me to the purchase or extend page, but the price just shows as normal. Any ideas?

Did you know that the shortcut to unhide your hidden games from the "available" list is now L3 + X (used to be RB + X but the UI changing to use LB & RB to flip between "installed" and "available" broke it)? I did not, but this makes me happy. 

1 hour ago, Super Craig said:

Does anyone know of some place selling official controllers for cheaper than the usual £45-50?

I got mine for about 37 pounds from amazon france the other month with a gears of war code thrown in. Worth keeping an eye on HotUKDeals for similar. 

• Upvote 1

Thinking of getting rid of my PS4 for an xbone and gamepass. 

I remember when they launched the console and they showed off multitasking, is it possible to play an app like Sky or Netflix whilst playing a game? With picture in picture?

11 minutes ago, Jackson said:

Thinking of getting rid of my PS4 for an xbone and gamepass. 

I remember when they launched the console and they showed off multitasking, is it possible to play an app like Sky or Netflix whilst playing a game? With picture in picture?

They used to have a side tab but I think it was for certain apps only remember using Skype on it. They have since removed that though.

Not sure you can watch stuff PIP at the same time however you can definitely  stream music etc. 

GamePass is a great service though... Just make sure you don't want to play through any Sony exclusives this year before getting rid! :D  Ghost of Tsushima, Days Gone, Last Of Us 2 are all on their way.... 

As much as love the Xbox hate the UI on the One... it still feels like a mess at times. Still its much better than it was at launch! :D  The 360's was bliss in comparison IMHO. Just preference though in the end. 

Possibly the wrong place but sod it.

With Microsoft moving to a chromium based browser going forward what are the chances that they'll add some form of Chromecast functionality to the Xboxone? 

2 hours ago, bear said:

With Microsoft moving to a chromium based browser going forward what are the chances that they'll add some form of Chromecast functionality to the Xboxone? 

There's already a Wireless Display app to stream from mobiles or PCs, but I highly doubt that we'll ever see Chromecast itself on there, or any Google apps for that matter apart from YouTube. You can however cast some mobile apps to the equivalent apps on the console, like YouTube and Netflix.

2 hours ago, bear said:

Doubt it because MS and Google... :) Stadia is in the wings too so even less chance!

Don't most TVs have Chromecast built in these days (to some capacity)? Also well a Chromecast itself can be had cheaply these days anyway....

They are 'supposedly' still working on adding Google Assistant functionality so I guess it's feasable if there's any truth on them actually giving the userbase more than Alexa control.

3 hours ago, Mogster said:

There's already a Wireless Display app to stream from mobiles or PCs, but I highly doubt that we'll ever see Chromecast itself on there, or any Google apps for that matter.

Do Google need to make a Chromecast app or can Microsoft just add that functionality to the Xboxone? There's already apps on the Xbox App store that claim to add Chromecast and Airplay support to the console but I've not used them. 

9 hours ago, MattyP said:

They used to have a side tab but I think it was for certain apps only remember using Skype on it. They have since removed that though.

Not sure you can watch stuff PIP at the same time however you can definitely  stream music etc. 

GamePass is a great service though... Just make sure you don't want to play through any Sony exclusives this year before getting rid! :D  Ghost of Tsushima, Days Gone, Last Of Us 2 are all on their way.... 

As much as love the Xbox hate the UI on the One... it still feels like a mess at times. Still its much better than it was at launch! :D  The 360's was bliss in comparison IMHO. Just preference though in the end. 

Thanks for the thorough reply!

I'm not too fussed about playing many PS4 exclusives, but I think I'll not bother with the hassle of switching consoles for now. I have a perfectly fine Xbox 360 tbh.

I'm really impressed with Microsoft's willingness to enable backwards compatibility though, if they keep this up they've got me back next gen for sure!

• Upvote 1