rllmuk
mushashi

Xbox One Console Thread

3 hours ago, MattyP said:

Plenty of deals TBH... £369 is a great price considering they where what £450 this time last year? Personally picked mine up earlier in the year for £275 preowned - it was only 6m old and like new. Still have a bit of warranty left on it.

I'm doing that entitled thing where my brain is going 'well, you got and Xbox one s with Battlefront 2, Forza 7 and assassin's creed origins for 220 quid last year so SURELY there must be something like that'

Because I'm a twat.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, The Mighty Ash said:

I'm hoping for a decent offer on the white elite pad. 

I fancy one of those actually or a deal on the game lab ones. 

8 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

I'm doing that entitled thing where my brain is going 'well, you got and Xbox one s with Battlefront 2, Forza 7 and assassin's creed origins for 220 quid last year so SURELY there must be something like that'

Because I'm a twat.

During the summer amazon were running a few decent deals.  Fifa 19, Far Cry 5 and Shadow of the tomb raider for around £230 at one point.  Was on holiday at the time and by the time I checked the usual sites in the evening it had sold out.  Gutted on missing out on that.  Had similar bundles and now dried up a bit.  Don't forget there's always Cyber Monday (or as I like to call it "an extra day to try to flog the shite we couldn't on the Friday".

18 minutes ago, davidcotton said:

During the summer amazon were running a few decent deals.  Fifa 19, Far Cry 5 and Shadow of the tomb raider for around £230 at one point.  Was on holiday at the time and by the time I checked the usual sites in the evening it had sold out.  Gutted on missing out on that.  Had similar bundles and now dried up a bit.  Don't forget there's always Cyber Monday (or as I like to call it "an extra day to try to flog the shite we couldn't on the Friday".

It certainly wasn’t an X for that price.

ShopTo ebay

£379 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Xbox-One-X-1TB-Forza-Horizon-4-and-Forza-Motorsport-7/362436067147?epid=15023990758&hash=item5462df7f4b:g:e1QAAOSwXk9bm-rf:rk:2:pf:0

8 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

Because I'm a twat.

yeah, I'd like to see someone hit £350...

24 minutes ago, davidcotton said:

No, it was an S which is what moosegrinder mentioned in his post.

Yeah, but he’s after an X, not another S.

14 minutes ago, Stanley said:

£379 with the two games you wanted @SeanR I can't see it getting much better than that. 

giphy.gif

@mechamonkey there have been a handful of people on Reddit who have been taking apart their Xbox One X's (particularly launch models) and repasting the CPU/GPU to cure problems of overheating, and saying it works like a charm. It looks really easy to do, and I guess is worth a try if you keep having problems and are out of warranty.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, SeanR said:

Hold on, Didn't you pay £350 for your Pro? For an extra £30 you're getting a much better system which isn't half assed or feels cheap. It's a rediculous deal by comparison.

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, Revival said:

Hold on, Didn't you pay £350 for your Pro? For an extra £30 you're getting a much better system which isn't half assed or feels cheap. It's a rediculous deal by comparison.

Yes, and if I can get it for the same price as the Pro then that's even better. It's been 3 months since I was burgled. I can wait another week*.

Spoiler

* the difference is I had a PSVR going to waste, so the PS4 pro was my top priority.

It was £350 at Simply Games about 4 days ago but that was without the two Forza games, I really doubt you'll see it cheaper than that Shopto deal.

29 minutes ago, Revival said:

It was £350 at Simply Games about 4 days ago but that was without the two Forza games, I really doubt you'll see it cheaper than that Shopto deal.

HighYellowishFirefly-size_restricted.gif

Hahaha it's funny because it's true. Sean once you own one you'll wonder why you hesitated, it's absolutely superb. You won't regret it :eyebrows:

• Upvote 1

I love my Xbox One, but I still can't come to terms with the dashboard. It's always slow and laggy. Plus it can be a pain in the arse to navigate at times.

I bought an X standalone from simply for £350. Already have the Forza's.

TBH for the enjoyment of SSX3 and the fact i can now play 4K Blu Rays - not to mention the smooth as silk Forza 7 and RDR2 - i think its well worth it.

And their looks like plenty more where that came from.

Game, you bastards!

https://www.game.co.uk/en/1tb-xbox-one-x-with-forza-horizon-4-forza-7-shadow-of-the-tomb-raider-and-now-tv-2557603

the forza pack, with SotTR, for £400?

Why couldn't it be AC Odyssey!?!

also, charging the equivalent of £100 for Prey and AC Odyssey

https://www.game.co.uk/en/1tb-xbox-one-x-with-forza-horizon-4-forza-7-prey-assassins-creed-odyssey-omega-edition-now-tv-2539944

you bastards!

I'm thinking of buying an X, enjoy the multi platform games on their best these last couple of years until the next gen hits. I'm quite spoiled by the surround headset from Sony until now. Any recommendations for fot a good wireless surround headset? Not too expensive though. 

Just now, Talk Show Host said:

I'm thinking of buying an X, enjoy the multi platform games on their best these last couple of years until the next gen hits. I'm quite spoiled by the surround headset from Sony until now. Any recommendations for fot a good wireless surround headset? Not too expensive though. 

In my experience there's no such thing. You get what you pay for.