Xbox One Console Thread

mushashi

Due to over-complicated mechanisms involving MS rewards, I need to gift myself a couple of sales games from other MS accounts but I've bollocksed something up with my sums (didn't take the lack of gold discount into consideration when purchasing from other accounts). In the 360 days you used to be able to get a free month of gold for each of the first three new Xbox accounts created on the machine, is it the same on Xbox One? 

7 minutes ago, stefcha said:

@BedroomBusinessman Oh for fuck's sake. I was just getting geared up to go and do that instead. Where'd you get that info?

I’ve been trying it the last couple of days! All the talk online suggests it’s hit and miss wether it works or not. I tried with Nord VPN both on the console and through Safari with multiple cards (Revolut, Monzo etc). Payment fails every time. If anyone has any joy I’d love to know how!

Yep they will be fine. Unfortunately the deals I was looking at I couldn’t fine gift cards for reasonable prices (Russia) or they don’t seem to exist (Argentina).

I was looking at the following...

£11 (!!) - Wolfenstein 2/ Doom bundle on the Russia store

£9 - South Park The Fractured But Whole on the Argentina store

2 hours ago, BedroomBusinessman said:

Yep they will be fine. Unfortunately the deals I was looking at I couldn’t fine gift cards for reasonable prices (Russia) or they don’t seem to exist (Argentina).

I was looking at the following...

£11 (!!) - Wolfenstein 2/ Doom bundle on the Russia store

£9 - South Park The Fractured But Whole on the Argentina store

I have to say £18 for that wolfy / doom bundle on the UK store is still a steal?

6 hours ago, fattakin said:

I have to say £18 for that wolfy / doom bundle on the UK store is still a steal?

Thanks for the heads up there. I just bought this despite owning Doom already, because it's actually cheaper than buying Wolfenstein II on its own.:wacko:

1 hour ago, Mogster said:

Thanks for the heads up there. I just bought this despite owning Doom already, because it's actually cheaper than buying Wolfenstein II on its own.:wacko:

Yeah I wanted Wolfenstein but it was a little bit too much just justify, but getting both at that price is a steal. I already have doom on the ps4 but it’s worth double dipping. 

34 minutes ago, Fargo said:

Yeah I wanted Wolfenstein but it was a little bit too much just justify, but getting both at that price is a steal. I already have doom on the ps4 but it’s worth double dipping. 

Double dipping for DOOM is totally worth it. Not only because it's an awesome awesome game, but also because the Xbox version is X-Enhanced and doubly bigly awesome. By far the definitive console version. Even if you don't have an X right now, you may get one in the future or you can experience the full fat bigly X-Enhanced DOOM when you get the next-gen Xbox since that console will also bring out the X-Enhanced benefits. 

I just got an email from Amazon telling me that the £2 Prime discount they offered on VG preorders is coming to an end in a fortnight. 

I'm tempted to bung a few preorders through now but can't actually think of what winter '18's big releases are likely to be. 

What are we supposed to be hyped about? 

for using USA MS gift cards - I set up a billing  address in anchorage / Alaska  (as they don't pay VAT on digital goods which is added to usa store games otherwise) - then on the phone xbox  app just  I change location to USA under languages,  here I simply add the MS Gift card (usa) code  under store / redeem code on the app, and its added it to my "usa billing account" - then I  just buy games I want  using  the phone app - which in turn uses my ms balance. 

When I want to buy from the UK store I just simply change my location back to United Kingdom ( as I still also have a uk  billing account)  on the phone app and pay using my pay pal account .( I'm assuming that this can be done for other locations as well)

1 hour ago, Wahwah* said:

I just got an email from Amazon telling me that the £2 Prime discount they offered on VG preorders is coming to an end in a fortnight. 

I'm tempted to bung a few preorders through now but can't actually think of what winter '18's big releases are likely to be. 

What are we supposed to be hyped about? 

Don't know what your esoteric taste prefers, but I'm rather hyped about Yakuza Kiwami 2, Dragon Quest XI, Spider-Man, and Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise exclusively on PS4 and Red Dead Redemption 2, Hitman 2, Metro Exodus, and Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice as the multiplatform titles that will look and perform far better on the X. Plenty hype :omg:

My poor wallet :(

19 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

Is that fast start thing they talked up at E3 not here yet, then? Just downloading Fallout 4 and it said it was ready to start and I'm stuck watching those SPECIAL videos while being told the game is 0% installed. :rolleyes:

Goto your download queue, it will show when you can start the game.

32 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

Is that fast start thing they talked up at E3 not here yet, then? Just downloading Fallout 4 and it said it was ready to start and I'm stuck watching those SPECIAL videos while being told the game is 0% installed. :rolleyes:

Fallout 4 isn't a fast start-enabled game. 

41 minutes ago, Mr Do 71 said:

Goto your download queue, it will show when you can start the game.

It lets you start it. It's just one of those games that sits you on the menu and says it needs to finish installing.

28 minutes ago, Wallace said:

Fallout 4 isn't a fast start-enabled game. 

Ah, I thought it was. They need to just stop these games from letting you start them unless there's something you can actually play. My Xbox drops its download speed from ike 50Mb/s to 20Mb/s when a game is running so having it open at all just makes things worse.

So quick question is the Xbox One X worth it at the moment? Considering picking up a new XBox One at some point - mainly to play my back catalogue and Forza Horizon 4 in October. Have a 4K TV to use.... Anyone that has moved up from a regular One how much noticable is the difference on regular One games?

Just pondering on a few options at the moment...

37 minutes ago, MattyP said:

So quick question is the Xbox One X worth it at the moment? Considering picking up a new XBox One at some point - mainly to play my back catalogue and Forza Horizon 4 in October. Have a 4K TV to use.... Anyone that has moved up from a regular One how much noticable is the difference on regular One games?

Just pondering on a few options at the moment...

Yes. Enhanced games tend to look stunning. Horizon 4 looks nuts on the 1X (or you can play 1080p 60fps), standard games that are not enhanced (like BF4 / BF1), they load faster, if they have variable frame rates & resolution they tend to run maxed out.