rllmuk
mushashi

Xbox One Console Thread

Has anyone else had and resolved this issue where game installs get stuck? It seems to be a fairly common issue when I google it but I'm getting nowhere fast and it's really pissing me off.

Turok 2 was amazing back in the day. Hopefully it still holds up relatively well, I always felt it was a franchise begging for a competent team to bring back. 

4 hours ago, Don Wiskerando said:

Are you using an external drive?

No, Xbox One X internal. My internet is 50mb d/l too, tried clearing local saves and installing offline. It’s infuriating.

I had the problem once.  It appears that once a download or install failed  the Xbox was somehow caching the fail-state and reproducing it on every attempt to reinstall.  In order to get around it I did a full power down from the settings menu and then removed the power cable for 30 seconds.   Seemed to resolve it for me so give it a try if you haven't already.

• Upvote 1

Yeah that isn't working either. I've got two discs from Music Magpie, which both look to fine, but I guess I'll return them and try and get it elsewhere.

For me it was, along with Goldeneye and Zelda, one of the reasons to want an N64. You just weren’t going to get that same gameplay/graphical experience from anything on the PlayStation. 

I had the pc version of both games

the first one ran at 1 frame per 15 seconds on an S3 virge dx, the second was better.

cerebral bore was gory fun...

• Upvote 1

On 14/02/2018 at 18:46, DC said:

Has anyone else had and resolved this issue where game installs get stuck? It seems to be a fairly common issue when I google it but I'm getting nowhere fast and it's really pissing me off.

I have just had something like this happen to me with my X. 

Assasins Creed Origins just stops at a random point during the install. If you do a resin all in the queue menu it spins up, does a few more meg then stops again. Are those the same symptoms?

3 hours ago, Yiggy said:

I have just had something like this happen to me with my X. 

Assasins Creed Origins just stops at a random point during the install. If you do a resin all in the queue menu it spins up, does a few more meg then stops again. Are those the same symptoms?

I have two discs and was trying them both, which did edge me a little further towards the full install but ultimately wouldn't go the whole hog. What is your solution, please?

1 hour ago, Hitcher said:

Try disconnecting from the internet and starting again.

I've gone offline several times to try and force it to install as much from the disc before downloading the patch, but I get the same dirty disc error. The discs both look fine to me.

I managed to get Assasins Creed to install eventually after half a dozen reboots and installing Doom first. Doom itself failed quite a few times till it worked overnight. After that Assasins Creed worked. It’s deffo not the discs in my case and the internet is awash with the problem. Very odd. 

To cap it off my X then got itself in a failed console error with the options to reset forcing into a constant reboot loop with nothing working to fix it. So it went back to the shop and I now have a replacement. So far that one seems to be fine. 

After numerous 360 RROD errors back in the day and the crashy slow installing mess of my launch one machine MS are not filling me with confidence. But I’ll see how this one goes as aspart from that I am hugely impressed with the X as a premium bit of console hardware and games look utterly amazing on it. 

My online connection still seems poor for multiplayer.

I’ve got an open NAT and these port forwarding rules set up, which I found online. Do I need them? 

I usually have around 18-20mbps down and 0.8-1mbps up.

219863B2-8F46-4138-9835-DC4DDB7651F3.jpeg

After the initial excitement of owning the X, I realised today that I've probably played on it for about two hours since I dropped PUBG a few weeks ago. It's now staring at me and I can't think of many reasons to keep hold of it. I'm pretty much done with FH3, as great as it is, and FM7 has simply lost the battle to GT Sport, there's no reason for me to own it any more. These aside, I've got a few games like ROTTR and AC: O but I could happily cut my losses on them. Dishonored 2, Witcher 3 again in 4K. They look nice but they're not holding my interest. Modded Skyrim is lovely but I play it more on Switch, frankly. I thought I'd play third party stuff on it but I got MHW on the Pro because I've got more PS4 pals. Sea of Thieves doesn't really interest me, nor does Crackdown. I just don't know why to keep this now.

Anyone think of anything I've forgotten, please?