rllmuk
mushashi

Xbox One Console Thread

If you haven’t already got the Horizon 2 Fast and Furious stand-alone game it’s currently stupidly cheap and well worth the price. :)

24 minutes ago, Avuncular said:

Is there any software on the Bone that lets you edit clips that you've recorded?

Upload studio

When you buy UWP apps, I believe they're shared across your family setup, right? Which is up to 5 people, neatly tying into O365 family. Perhaps this Xbox stuff will be the same.

Enabled purchased apps can do the same thing on Android, since earlier this summer.

I just redeemed an Xbox Live trial and my console is still unable to sign in to Live. 

Anyone else had this? 

Just now, Wahwah* said:

I just redeemed an Xbox Live trial and my console is still unable to sign in to Live. 

Anyone else had this? 

You’re not eligible for a trial?

7 hours ago, Boozy The Clown said:

Trials only work with new accounts I think.

They definitely used to work, I used one on an account that had lapsed a few years ago. 

Weirdly, my Live Subscription said valid until 3/11 just now, but I still couldn't connect.

I think that a system used to let you make a certain number of accounts that would be granted a month's trial and that people would go through multiple gamertags to do so - those trials only worked with new gamertags is how I understand it. I never did that myself, but that's what I remember from reading about people doing it on here.

Bought a sub on the Dash in the end. £26.50 - cheaper than from CDkeys, etc.

7 hours ago, Wahwah* said:

Bought a sub on the Dash in the end. £26.50 - cheaper than from CDkeys, etc.

Places like CDKeys have been shit for about a year now. Nothing like the massive discounts you used to get.

• Upvote 1

How can I see how long I've got left on my subscription? I got my Xbone about this time last year, but I think I used a trial code and then got a 12 month code off cdkeys...

@Wahwah*£26.50 seems pretty cheap, was that an offer or is that standard price?

9 minutes ago, ScouserInExile said:

How can I see how long I've got left on my subscription? I got my Xbone about this time last year, but I think I used a trial code and then got a 12 month code off cdkeys...

@Wahwah*£26.50 seems pretty cheap, was that an offer or is that standard price?

Listed at £39.99 but when I clicked through it was discounted. No idea if it's a promo or an account specific thing. You have to subscribe to get that price - but I cancelled the renewal immediately.

So, my bone is fucked. The disc drive is knackered. I am not a fan of digital purchases, so in theory its time to buy a new one.

However, I am struggling to find a reason to do so. I don't like online gaming so Sea of Thieves isn't for me. That leaves Cuphead and the new Ori (both look far too hard for me), Crackdown (when is this out?), Ashen (no idea what this really is - is it out soon?). The Last Night (again, when is this out?) and something called State of Decay

Multi platform games I can still play on my PS4. What has happened to the Halo franchise - is it coming back?

Am I missing an decent xbox one exclusives that are coming out in the next year?

My disc drive has been knackered for a couple of weeks too. I've been reading more reports of the same coming about recently. Coincidence? Maybe. But I'm not so sure. I feel like something in the recent update caused it and could possibly be fixed.

I'm all in on digital though going forward, but I've still got Rock Back and a couple of other older ones that I'd like to play again.

7 hours ago, *chin* said:

My disc drive has been knackered for a couple of weeks too. I've been reading more reports of the same coming about recently. Coincidence? Maybe. But I'm not so sure. I feel like something in the recent update caused it and could possibly be fixed.

I'm all in on digital though going forward, but I've still got Rock Back and a couple of other older ones that I'd like to play again.

"oh no!"

"what is it dear?"

"my xbox one no longer reads discs... I better buy a new one, i guess"

"ok dear"

*kerching!*

xbox one x justified purchase.

ps. How do I break the drive?

• Empathy 1

Microsoft have taken the funds for my X. Looks like I'm getting one on Tuesday, although I was constantly hovering over the 'cancel' button until now.

I don't have a 4K TV. I hate the new Minecraft, so won't be playing it in 4K. I'm looking forward to playing Quantum Break and Fallout 3 in their improved forms, but other than Anthem, PUBG and maybe, at a push, Sea Of Thieves, I can't think of anything of interest on the horizon.

2 minutes ago, Bastion said:

Microsoft have taken the funds for my X. Looks like I'm getting one on Tuesday, although I was constantly hovering over the 'cancel' button until now.

I don't have a 4K TV. I hate the new Minecraft, so won't be playing it in 4K. I'm looking forward to playing Quantum Break and Fallout 3 in their improved forms, but other than Anthem, PUBG and maybe, at a push, Sea Of Thieves, I can't think of anything of interest on the horizon.

Crackdown 3 :omg:

Farcry 5? Red dead Redemption 2?

Unless you have a pretty good PC then the X will be the best place to play those.