rllmuk
mushashi

Xbox One Console Thread

Well this has been a great week back on Xbox. All my Ghost Recon buddies from the first xbox one and the early days of LIVE are coming back to the xbox fold to play Ghost War.

It's been like that PS4 Call of Duty 'Getting the band back together' TV ad.

So far in a week we've cajoled some of them into - 2 xbox X sales and 2 two xbox S sales. :)

New machines same old banter

• Upvote 5

3 hours ago, Butters said:

Rakuten TV have a promo on 12 month Live membership (along with a rental of the film Battle:LA, but I've heard it's rubbish) for £29.99.

https://campaigns.rakuten.tv/uk/Xbox-12month-Battle-Los-Angeles-AFF?wktv_code=2133&utm_source=tradedoubler&utm_medium=afiliate&utm_content=homepage&utm_campaign=tradedoubler_afiliate_homepage&tduid=6e42c3809cbf534bcd8dcd47d3fbbf51

Is that a decent price for Live these days? I stacked my last two having gotten them cheap, so am a bit behind the times on what I can get it for elsewhere.

Don't know if it'll work for the whole £29.99 but there's 20% Quidco cashback for buying movies. Also if you enable auto-renewal you get another month free.

3 minutes ago, Hitcher said:

Don't know if it'll work for the whole £29.99 but there's 20% Quidco cashback for buying movies. Also if you enable auto-renewal you get another month free.

I've already done the promo (it works by the way), but fingers crossed those work for others. Nice one @Hitcher.

2 hours ago, Avuncular said:

When I first signed up for it in May I got a message saying they don't stack.

They do stack. I've had 3 years stacked previously.

When I renewed (by adding a 12 month code) earlier this summer, I still had a month left, so it overlapped slightly. The previous year was from a 12 month code, too.

53 minutes ago, Avuncular said:

How recently?

Expired in January.

I'm now stacked to January 2020.

18 hours ago, macosx said:

Well this has been a great week back on Xbox. All my Ghost Recon buddies from the first xbox one and the early days of LIVE are coming back to the xbox fold to play Ghost War.

It's been like that PS4 Call of Duty 'Getting the band back together' TV ad.

So far in a week we've cajoled some of them into - 2 xbox X sales and 2 two xbox S sales. :)

New machines same old banter

Got my One last week and have been doing Ghost Recon co-op with my old gang too. Loads of fun to be had in Bolivia! 

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, FiveFootNinja said:

Got my One last week and have been doing Ghost Recon co-op with my old gang too. Loads of fun to be had in Bolivia! 

Get on the PVP. It’s very good.

• Upvote 1

Couldn't find the Game Pass thread... but here are December's additions.

5a143d6594dc7_ScreenShot2017-11-21at14_49_10.thumb.png.0c99d5f9ffbc87e69055511c14903fcf.png

Looking forward to Lacross the most, as always wanted to try but never willing to pay out. 

• Upvote 1

Is there a way to view your console download queue online? I've signed into my account via xbox.com and can't seem to find it if it exists. I want to check how much (little) progress has been made on that Gears 4 download.

Also, when you you hold down the guide button and it says 'power off', am I right in thinking that it will put games into sleep/resume mode if you've chosen 'instant on' in the settings? The fact that it still says 'power off' and not 'sleep' or something similar makes me nervous to try it.

It turns it off to whatever you specified in the settings. If you have instant on mode selected then that's what it will do. 

1 hour ago, Majora said:

Is there a way to view your console download queue online? I've signed into my account via xbox.com and can't seem to find it if it exists. I want to check how much (little) progress has been made on that Gears 4 download.

Also, when you you hold down the guide button and it says 'power off', am I right in thinking that it will put games into sleep/resume mode if you've chosen 'instant on' in the settings? The fact that it still says 'power off' and not 'sleep' or something similar makes me nervous to try it.

You can only view the queue on the Xbox One itself.

Choosing the poweroff button will put it to sleep, you have to go and find "full shutdown" in the settings if you want to do otherwise

9 hours ago, gossi the dog said:

If I buy a game from a foreign store, and there's a Gold discount, can I claim this if I purchased Gold on my UK account?

Pretty sure Yes. I'm sure I've seen the discount when buying from other stores. 

20 hours ago, rafaqat said:

Pretty sure Yes. I'm sure I've seen the discount when buying from other stores. 

Yep, worked a treat. Picked up the FIFA 18 & Need for Speed Payback double pack off the US store for $65. Purchased the US points off CD Keys at 72p to one dollar, so works out at £23.40 each. 

I'm in Mexico at the moment, will have to pick up some xbox credit. Both Rocket League and Ori & The Blind Forest Definitive Edition are down to the equivalent of £5 each :)

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, gossi the dog said:

Yep, worked a treat. Picked up the FIFA 18 & Need for Speed Payback double pack off the US store for $65. Purchased the US points off CD Keys at 72p to one dollar, so works out at £23.40 each. 

I'm in Mexico at the moment, will have to pick up some xbox credit. Both Rocket League and Ori & The Blind Forest Definitive Edition are down to the equivalent of £5 each :)

Noice. 

I just love how it's all done on the same gamertag and treated as a universal licence for the game so no having to carry over Jap/US accounts to a new console etc etc.