rllmuk
mushashi

Xbox One Console Thread

53 minutes ago, petrolgirls said:

Absolute horseshit. I have a very specific issue with a tiny number of you who try dominate this thread by being unpleasant to anyone you perceive as being critical of Xbox whilst peddling insane conspiracy theories about Microsoft in the media. This pattern of behaviour undermines what's valuable about this forum - which bothers me - so, like an moth to a flame, I feel compelled to react every time is see you or one of your charmless cohorts try bully someone off the thread for not finding the UI particularly intuitive and the like. 

You'll have to point me to specific examples of where I tell or even suggest that folk, "can't possibly be enjoying their Xbox" - I suspect you can't because, like much of your output, it's paranoid nonsense. When Microsoft release decent games like Cuphead and Ori I'm very happy to extol their virtues. There haven't, in my opinion, been anywhere near enough Cuphead and Ori's this gen. This is hardly a contentious sentiment.

Drivel. You add absolutely nothing to these topics other than to play the coward with a superiority complex pointing your finger saying very loudly look at this it's an outrage at anything you don't agree with.

What's valuable about this forum is free speech and hopefully a mix of different experiences and not an echo chamber of one thing being right.  If people want to point out what they think is bias in the media then they have every right to do so.

• Upvote 4
  • Empathy 1

20 minutes ago, Revival said:

Drivel. You add absolutely nothing to these topics other than to play the coward with a superiority complex pointing your finger saying very loudly look at this it's an outrage at anything you don't agree with.

What's valuable about this forum is free speech and hopefully a mix of different experiences and not an echo chamber of one thing being right.  If people want to point out what they think is bias in the media then they have every right to do so.

Hilarious you'd try hide behind some weird right wing interpretation of 'free speech' when you and your ilk have done your level best to suppress meaningful conversation in these threads.

Regardless, there's a very simple response to this: you are of course free to peddle embarrassing tosh about the media being paid to hate Microsoft, just as I'm free to dismantle poorly conceived arguments and stand up to people when I think they're engaging in bullying behaviour. Freedom of speech isn't some magic cloak that allows you to say any old shit without being called on it. 

• Upvote 2

No one has said any old shit. You can blatantly see it if you open your eyes. Just take a look at the vast majority of Jason Schreier articles* at Kotaku for a start. A guy who is so renowned on reddit he's considered little more than a hack that writes clickbait.

Again it's not about hate towards Microsoft (many people have said this numerous times but the 'happy crew' never bother to take this in) It's about the lack of integrity of applying their criteria across the board.

*used lightly.

21 minutes ago, Nate Dogg III said:

Fake news!

Successful tag in!

J O Y C O N B O Y Z 

I don't have anything to say, I just wanted to say something.

Loving being part of the Xbox family, One X is blowing me away. Loving being a hardcore Nintendo fanboy. I've bought two hundred digital PS4 games so Yoshida is my fuckin boy, too. Fuckin PC pricks can get fucked, though. And Raspberry Pi. 

• Upvote 6

5 minutes ago, Revival said:

No one has said any old shit. You can blatantly see it if you open your eyes. Just take a look at the vast majority of Jason Schreier articles* at Kotaku for a start. A guy who is so renowned on reddit he's considered little more than a hack that writes clickbait.

Again it's not about hate towards Microsoft (many people have said this numerous times but the 'happy crew' never bother to take this in) It's about the lack of integrity of applying their criteria across the board.

Remember last gen, when the Sony equivalent of you guys were similarly convinced there was an anti-Sony bias in the media? What do you imagine changed between then and now to have made the media change their 'bias' so dramatically?

• Upvote 2

Jason Schreier is not exactly to my tastes but to call him a hack is absolutely nuts. He’s one of the very few online journos doing actual reporting. 

• Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, petrolgirls said:

Remember last gen, when the Sony equivalent of you guys were similarly convinced there was an anti-Sony bias in the media? What do you imagine changed between then and now to have made the media change their 'bias' so dramatically?

Why on earth do you spend so much time concerning yourself with this stuff? You are far worse than the people you point the finger at.

When your first instinct is to pigeon hole people and act so hideously pompous 'Sony equivalent of you guys' then why should anyone give you the time of day?

18 minutes ago, Nate Dogg III said:

Jason Schreier is not exactly to my tastes but to call him a hack is absolutely nuts. He’s one of the very few online journos doing actual reporting. 

If that's true then the industry needs a big refresh.

• Empathy 1

8 hours ago, fattakin said:

Apparently yes, in places you couldn't backtrack  - areas of the map were closed off etc.

I got lost and cant face going back to it!

Same here.  Not sure where to go next.   Enjoyed it up until then.  Need to go back at some point. 

Having the whole "xbox thread is a shitshow" thrown around pretty much every month would be concerning were it not for the fact that you can guarantee it's always the same few posters (who happen to really like what Sony are doing) taking a dump in this one.  

We KNOW Yoshimax and Boozy would marry an xbox if they could (probably me too I guess, I do love it). What's funny is the usual crowd hanging around in this thread who don't actually own an xbox who'll tell us over and over again why they won't own an xbox and then moan about how the thread is terrible. We get it, the xbox isn't for you and it won't be till it one day gets some games you like, at which point I'll bet a bollock that you'll say "oh it's cheaper and runs better on PC"

Maybe one day Yoshi & Boozy will buy a PS4, maybe one day the rest of you will get an Xbox One. I'm not holding my breath to be honest. I've done it and it's great!

• Upvote 4

17 minutes ago, Revival said:

Why on earth do you spend so much time concerning yourself with this stuff? You are far worse than the people you point the finger at.

When your first instinct is to pigeon hole people and act so hideously pompous 'Sony equivalent of you guys' then why should anyone give you the time of day. 

Asked you a simple question. Not sure what hideously pompous about it, other than you obviously don't have an answer for it.

A: Most of the current media outlets rely on advertising revenue to stay active, The most effective way of maximising this is aligning yourself with the biggest marketplace/userbase. So when the Playstation 4 became the market leading console it became the main focus of these outlets.

• Upvote 1
  • Empathy 1

On 11/14/2017 at 18:09, petrolgirls said:

Absolute horseshit. I have a very specific issue with a tiny number of you who try dominate this thread by being unpleasant to anyone you perceive as being critical of Xbox whilst peddling insane conspiracy theories about Microsoft in the media. This pattern of behaviour undermines what's valuable about this forum - which bothers me - so, like an moth to a flame, I feel compelled to react every time is see you or one of your charmless cohorts try bully someone off the thread for not finding the UI particularly intuitive and the like. 

You'll have to point me to specific examples of where I tell or even suggest that folk, "can't possibly be enjoying their Xbox" - I suspect you can't because, like much of your output, it's paranoid nonsense. When Microsoft release decent games like Cuphead and Ori I'm very happy to extol their virtues. There haven't, in my opinion, been anywhere near enough Cuphead and Ori's this gen. This is hardly a contentious sentiment.

This is hilarious, coming from the one trying to ‘dominate’ this and every other xbox topic by reducing or spinning good news for Microsoft into a bad thing. Its obvious to everyone but yourself, and one of the reasons some in here reply like they do; there is a cognitive dissonance between what you post, and reality as some people perceive it. And this is not the first time you refer to an undefined group of posters inhabiting this thread. Who is the conspiracy theorist here?

While all the time you have not a bad word to say about Sony stuff. Its quite obvious - again.

Thank god the gaf were reset, as the toxicity had grown to unbearable levels particularly in xbox topics. This dinky forum is still very much like that. 

Living in the past.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Revival said:

A: Most of the current media outlets rely on advertising revenue to stay active, The most effective way of maximising this is aligning yourself with the biggest marketplace/userbase. So when the Playstation 4 became the market leading console it became the main focus of these outlets.

If media only concerns itself with chasing ad revenue - the latest figures I can find from the US last year suggests Microsoft outspent Sony on marketing. Your theory does, however, explain all the hatred we see in the gaming media for Nintendo's output so maybe you're on to something. 

I have a PS4 Pro.

I had an Xbox One but barely touched it so know that this isn't for me.

I was sat in Starbucks today and a chap walked in with one of these in a GAME carrier bag and I couldn't help but feel a bit jealous.

Bloody new hardware desire!

• Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, ronin said:

This is hilarious, coming from the one trying to ‘dominate’ this and every other xbox topic by reducing or spinning good news for Microsoft into a bad thing. 

Again, show me where I've done that. I'm positive about Microsoft when they get stuff right and I'm happy to lay into Sony when they fuck stuff up. Have a look in the Cuphead thread if you want to see quite how deep my bias runs. The fact remains that Microsoft have fucked up much more than Sony this gen, this is why they've gone from a commanding lead midway through last gen to getting outsold over 2:1 this gen. That's where your misplaced ire should be directed, not at the media or posters on some 'dinky' forum who're mildly exasperated at some of their decisions and lack of games, but at Microsoft themselves.

I'll also ask you a similar question I asked Revival. This forum was decidedly positive regarding Xbox last gen, much less so this gen. Why do you think that is?

I dunno, is there really a bias against the Xbox in the media? It feels more like they just had a botched launch (with its weird focus on TV, Kinect, and DRM), the second best version of most multiformat console games, and a general lack of momentum until fairly recently, with the media coverage just reflecting that. I actually looked into this by feeding all games media and all posts in this thread into a supercomputer and asking it to analyse them. The supercomputer unfortunately killed itself shortly afterwards, but had it lived, I'm sure it would have shared my views.

Please bear in mind that I have no horse in this race as - possibly uniquely among rllmuk posters - I own both an Xbox and a PS4. I'm like the UN.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, rafaqat said:

Maybe one day Yoshi & Boozy will buy a PS4, maybe one day the rest of you will get an Xbox One. I'm not holding my breath to be honest. I've done it and it's great!

I had one. From launch. Sold it after UC4. My interest lies in social online gaming and they don’t provide that unless you like MP games tailored to the casual market like Destiny or COD which suck fat hairy horseballs but let’s not go there.

• Upvote 1

Microsoft Store Black Friday Deals

Xbox One Games

Available November 23:

Call of Duty: WWII -- $50

Forza Motorsport 7 -- $40

Up to 50% off (starting November 23):

Assassin's Creed: The Ezio Collection (MSRP: $60)

Assassin's Creed Origins (MSRP: $60)

Assetto Corsa (MSRP: $60)

Battlefield 1 Revolution (MSRP: $60)

BioShock: The Collection (MSRP: $40)

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (MSRP: $40)

Call of Duty: Black Ops III Zombies Chronicles Edition (MSRP: $60)

Cars 3: Driven to Win (MSRP: $60)

Destiny 2 (MSRP: $60)

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (MSRP: $30)

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition (MSRP: $25)

Dirt 4 (MSRP: $60)

Dishonored 2 (MSRP: $60)

Dishonored: Death of the Outsider (MSRP: $30)

Disneyland Adventures (MSRP: $30)

Doom (MSRP: $60)

Dying Light: The Following Enhanced Edition (MSRP: $60)

F1 2017 (MSRP: $60)

Fallout 4 (MSRP: $60)

Fallout 4: Game of the Year Edition (MSRP: $60)

Farming Simulator 15 (MSRP: $25)

FIFA 18 (MSRP: $60)

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD (MSRP: $12)

Final Fantasy XV (MSRP: $60)

For Honor (MSRP: $60)

Gears of War 4 (MSRP: $60)

Ghost Recon: Wildlands (MSRP: $60)

Halo 5: Guardians (MSRP: $40)

Halo Wars 2 (MSRP: $60)

Hasbro Family Fun Pack (MSRP: $30)

Homefront: The Revolution (MSRP: $20)

Injustice 2: Ultimate Edition (MSRP: $60)

Just Cause 3 (MSRP: $60)

Just Dance 2016 (MSRP: $50)

Just Dance 2018 (MSRP: $60)

Lego City Undercover (MSRP: $40)

Lego Ninjago Movie Video Game (MSRP: $60)

Lego Worlds (MSRP: $25)

Madden NFL 18 (MSRP: $60)

Mafia III (MSRP: $60)

Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy - The Telltale Games Series (MSRP: $30)

Micro Machines World Series (MSRP: $30)

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor (MSRP: $12)

Middle-earth: Shadow of War (MSRP: $60)

MXGP 3 (MSRP: $40)

NBA 2K18 (MSRP: $60)

NBA Live 18 (MSRP: $60)

Need for Speed Payback (MSRP: $60)

NHL 18 (MSRP: $60)

Overwatch: Game of the Year Edition (MSRP: $60)

Prey (MSRP: $60)

Pro Evolution Soccer 2016 (MSRP: $10)

Project Cars (MSRP: $40)

Project Cars 2 (MSRP: $60)

Rainbow Six Siege (MSRP: $50)

Rainbow Six Siege - Year 2 Gold Edition (MSRP: $60)

Ride 2 (MSRP: $60)

Rush: A Disney-Pixar Adventure (MSRP: $30)

South Park: The Fractured But Whole (MSRP: $60)

State of Decay: Year One Survival Edition (MSRP: $60)

Steep (MSRP: $40)

Super Lucky's Tale (MSRP: $30)

Tekken 7 (MSRP: $60)

The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind (MSRP: $60)

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition (MSRP: $60)

The Evil Within 2 (MSRP: $60)

The Sims 4 (MSRP: $60)

The Walking Dead: A New Frontier - The Telltale Games Series (MSRP: $30)

Toy Soldiers: War Chest Hall of Fame Edition (MSRP: $20)

Watch Dogs 2 (MSRP: $60)

Wolfenstein: The Two-Pack - The New Order / The Old Blood (MSRP: $30)

WWE 2K16 (MSRP: $30)

WWE 2K18 (MSRP: $60)

Zoo Tycoon: Ultimate Animal Collection (MSRP: $30)

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/microsoft-store-black-friday-2017-ad-deals-all-the/1100-6454943/

Hardware deals detailed at the link to Sonyspot.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, TommyG said:

Xbox one X 4k am broke atm...

The Netflix App is seriously broken: they’ve taken a leaf out of Apple’s book, and SDR content is presented with the HDR mode forced on.

Can’t really Microsoft for that though.

3 hours ago, Stanshall said:

Fuckin PC pricks can get fucked, though. And Raspberry Pi

The cool thing about me telling you to poke a Pi up your bum, in response to this nonsense, is that it might actually fit.

• Upvote 4