Xbox One Console Thread

mushashi

24 minutes ago, Pavey said:

If you scroll down it says suitable for Xbox 360. Is it coming out on the 360 too?

Nope, This one is just an XB1, PS4 and PC release. They've finally dropped last gen versions.

1 hour ago, BitterToad said:

Anyone had any luck buying from the Argentinian store lately? Looking to grab Hitman and it's about a tenner cheaper there.

Delete any payment details you have spanning multiple stores then re-add only for the ARG store and try that. Let us know I fancy bagging Hitman too.

Don't know if it's been mentioned earlier in the thread or not, but Assassins Creed: Unity is £1.59 on Cdkeys. I know it's meant to be a bit naff, but it has to be worth a punt at that price.

6 minutes ago, mdn2 said:

Don't know if it's been mentioned earlier in the thread or not, but Assassins Creed: Unity is £1.59 on Cdkeys. I know it's meant to be a bit naff, but it has to be worth a punt at that price.

I quite like Unity. :unsure:

Certainly worth a couple of quid.

44 minutes ago, mdn2 said:

I'm really enjoying it!

42 minutes ago, Kiwi Cake said:

I quite like Unity. :unsure:

Certainly worth a couple of quid.

6 minutes ago, Stanley said:

I'm really enjoying it!

I just remember the huge problems it had on launch. I take it it's improved since then? I've bought it (and there seems to be some free DLC as well), but want to complete Black Flag first. 

So, just doing first setup of Xbox One I got the other day, it downloaded 3.4GB and then failed. Then fails again. I've been through the online support and I'm now going to have to do this:

https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-one/console/offline-system-update-diagnostic-tool

Which seems a right pain in the arse. Anyone know if it is something that might fix tomorrow without doing that, or is it potentially fucked?

3 hours ago, King A said:

I had that happen once. Did the offline update and it has never done it again.

It was a convoluted process, but it did work and seems fine. I played the first five minutes of Sunset Overdrive, then went to bed. Pretty exciting new console times.

The elite pad is nice though.

Soooo, Tumblestone.

I have been looking forward to this one for a while, after hearing about it over a year ago. My first few moments with it were underwhelming. The single player story mode is slow and dull. It really is. Which I will elaborate on in a bit. 

However, playing online in the battle modes is a whole different ball game. This feels like a game that has been designed from the ground up to be competitive and unlike games such as Puyo Puyo, Super Puzzle Fighter, etc it doesn't seem to rely on powerups to disadvantage your opponent, at least in its purest form. 

Matches (upto 4 players) are super tense and so satisfying when you win. They are fast and frantic and with everyone getting the same patterns to play with, it comes purely down to your skill levels, how quickly you can read a board and react to it. It is a complete joy here. 

Now my biggest issue and this goes to a lot of puzzle games. YOU DO NOT NEED A STORY MODE!

Simple as that, if your game excels in one particular thing, then just roll with that. There is no need to add a shit story that can be completely ignored. If you want to keep a single player experience, for practice or whatever, then just throw levels at me one after the other, it doesn't need cut-scenes inbetween to break things up. 

Overall this is a cracking experience once you get past the dull and uninspired single player shite. 

If you're on the preview program search the app section of the store for "cast" - it might say it can't find it but it'll then appear in suggested similar apps. It's a podcast player but it runs in the background i.e unsnapped.

CDKeys recently had £20 for £17.70ish I think that's the best. Amazon hasn't got any free £5 offers going, electronic first are standard price, quick ebay search doesn't really show more than a 5% saving.

On 18/07/2016 at 09:18, King A said:

You have to be signed in with the same email address you generated the 5% code to work.

Also, I have a very.co.uk account. If you don't have one & are interested I can refer you.

On your first order of £45 or more they credit me and you with £20 to our accounts.

So if you're after a £50 xbox voucher & don't mind waiting a couple days, you can essentially get it for £30.

Ignore that. They don't stock the gift cards anymore.