rllmuk
mushashi

Xbox One Console Thread

On 11/05/2016 at 11:24 AM, Yoshimax said:

If you want to play a MOBA I'd strongly suggest going with Gigantic over this - if you need a download key let me know pretty sure I have one.

Also this might be of use to some people - lets you see what Xbox One DLC is currently free :

http://www.storeparser.com/en-US/xbox-one/free-dlc/?sp_sort_key=release_date

Thanks for the offer! I'm actually really enjoying SMITE. I'm still very tempted with Battleborn though, and I'm trying to get a beta key for Paladins

17 minutes ago, ChrisBravoTown said:

Thanks for the offer! I'm actually really enjoying SMITE. I'm still very tempted with Battleborn though, and I'm trying to get a beta key for Paladins

Well if you fancy trying it I still have the code just let me know ! I'm not a big fan of the genre but I found it quite impressive.

On 15 May 2016 at 4:55 PM, MikeF said:

Looks like Microsoft may now be clamping down on purchases via VPN methods, widespread reports of users getting the PBR error when trying to use debit / revoult cards on foreign stores.  Not sure if this affects purchases using xbox credit though

I can't get Argentina to work at the moment and others I know are now having the same issue wth Russia

Hoping its just a temporary issue

Again, I've never used a VPN or one of these cards. I've purchased from Singapore and Brazil recently. 

Subnautica is out today via the Game Preview program.

image?url=8Oaj9Ryq1G1_p3lLnXlsaZgGzAie6M

It has a free timed trial or you can buy the game with a discount for £15.99

Looks quite interesting and varied in scope in terms of what you can design/create/renew.

• Upvote 1

Ah, Giant Bomb did a Quick Look of the PC version of that a while back and it looked pretty decent, will be giving the trial a go for sure. :)

Excellent, I've watched a lot of streams on Twitch of Subnautica over the past few months and I liked what I saw.

Great little trailer there, looks like something Nintendo would develop, I'll definitely be checking out the preview. 

I'll admit to being a bit skeptical though after being disappointed with both ARK and The Solus Project...

This weeks deals with gold - might bag life is strange and unraveled at 10 bucks each.

Xbox One:

Ark: Survival Evolved - USD 26.24 (Save 25%) Price History

Assassin's Creed Syndicate - Victorian Legends Pack - USD 2.99 (Save 40%) Price History

Battlefield 4 Final Stand - Free (Save 100%) Price History

Call Of Duty: Black Ops III - USD 40.19 (Save 33%) Price History

Call Of Duty: Black Ops III Digital Deluxe Edition - USD 79.99 (Save 20%) Price History

Call Of Duty: Ghosts - USD 19.80 (Save 67%) Price History

Call Of Duty: Ghosts Digital Hardened Edition - USD 50.00 (Save 50%) Price History

Clockwork Tales: Of Glass And Ink - USD 6.69 (Save 33%) Price History

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD - USD 30.00 (Save 50%) Price History

Forza Motorsport 6 Deluxe Edition - USD 59.99 (Save 25%) Price History

Just Cause 3 Xl Edition - USD 42.25 (Save 50%) Price History

Lara Croft And The Temple Of Osiris - USD 5.00 (Save 75%) Price History

Lara Croft And The Temple Of Osiris & Season Pass Pack - USD 7.25 (Save 75%) Price History

Layers Of Fear - USD 14.99 (Save 25%) Price History

Life Is Strange Complete Season (Episodes 1-5) - USD 10.00 (Save 50%) Price History

Life Is Strange Season Pass (Episodes 2-5) - USD 8.50 (Save 50%) [Price History]

Murdered: Soul Suspect - USD 7.50 (Save 75%) Price History

Need For Speed - USD 19.80 (Save 67%) Price History

Pixel Piracy - USD 7.50 (Save 50%) Price History

Plants Vs. Zombies Garden Warfare 2 - USD 30.00 (Save 50%) Price History

Sheltered - USD 11.99 (Save 20%) Price History

The Long Dark - USD 13.39 (Save 33%) Price History

The Solus Project - USD 12.74 (Save 15%) Price History

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - USD 25.00 (Save 50%) Price History

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Blood And Wine - USD 17.99 (Save 10%) Price History

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Game + Expansion Pass - USD 48.74 (Save 35%) Price History

Unravel - USD 10.00 (Save 50%) Price History

Taken from the /r/GreatXboxDeals

• Upvote 2

Having completed Life Is Strange yesterday, I can wholeheartedly recommend it. My GOTY by far so far!

• Upvote 1

Life Is Strange is a wonderful experience.  Perfect to play when Dark Souls became too much. :D

• Upvote 2

Hoping that Burnout Paradise appearing in the 360 part of the sale means BC for it isn't far away.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, rafaqat said:

Life Is Strange is a wonderful experience.  Perfect to play when Dark Souls became too much. :D

Ha ha, I'm about to start Dark Souls next :blink:

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, reef said:

Ha ha, I'm about to start Dark Souls next :blink:

Good luck.  Post in the Dark Souls thread.  It's one of the best games I have ever played.  Still only about 75% of the way through.  I WILL beat it. :)

Hoping the same for Forza Horizon when I bought it last week on sale. At the least a BC E3 announcement with No.3's reveal.

Similarly Skate 3,2 &1 when Skate 4 gets revealed. The Batmans, Bioshocks, Red Dead, Mass Effects, Skyrim, Modern Warfares, Testdrives, and Rez just to deflate the PSVR overhype in a "play them all now" E3 megablast.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, all the Forza stuff has gotta be being saved for pre-order bonuses and shiz with the new ones.

I only want Vanquish and Nier. And maybe Lost Odyssey. And Stacking needs another playthrough at some point. Radiant Silvergun as well. And Blood Money of course - particularly with the new game out. But that's about it.*

*ilomilo, Alpha Protocol, Star Ocean: TLH, Timeshift, Bully and Portal 2 as well please.

You forgot R* Table Tennis and whatever was the best Top Spin tennis game (at least then we'd have a tennis game on this gen).

Speaking of older games went back to Powerstar Golf the other day (thanks MikeF) and it's still the best golf game this gen - I also replayed Ziggurat which seems to have had several updates and has improved greatly as a result. I kind of like how "games as a service" things are these days and how going back to something shows there has been work done that you maybe weren't aware of. I'd highly recommend both those games.

Bagged life is strange - almost bagged Unravel but I can't shake the feeling it'll be in the EA Access vault in the next month or so particularly with it being 50% off just now.

• Upvote 1

I often put on Powerstar Golf when I can't think of anything in particular I want to play and I agree, it's a great golf game. I always end up playing for a lot longer than I intended. 

I think it's free to play now too, with in game purchases that in no way need to be purchased to enjoy it. I'm amazed there's hardly anyone on my friends list who play it (mildly amazed is probably more accurate, I know golf isn't everybody's cup of tea).

You only get a few holes on the F2P version so you're pretty limited in that sense if you don't buy the courses, but I agree, it's a great golf game.

• Upvote 1

Ah thanks, I didn't know that. I bought the full game before it went FTP, I thought there was just the option to buy the ingame currency to get extra clubs etc. after that.

It'd still even now make a great GWG title - I'd have lapped up a sequel with online play and maybe lobbies/tournaments etc.

9 hours ago, Yoshimax said:

Speaking of older games went back to Powerstar Golf the other day (thanks MikeF) and it's still the best golf game this gen 

Does this game have stupid EA controls or is it vaguely realistic? Basically, is it anywhere near as good as the golfing holy grail of Links 2004? (which I still own!)

3 minutes ago, peeveen said:

Does this game have stupid EA controls or is it vaguely realistic? Basically, is it anywhere near as good as the golfing holy grail of Links 2004? (which I still own!)

3 A button presses, set spin with D-pad etc. Give it a go it's great!