rllmuk
mushashi

Xbox One Console Thread

7 minutes ago, Hardbattle said:

Anybody else having Live issues at the mo? 

Yeah, same here.

Yes me as well, weird considering I've been on Halo most of the day with no issues. Thought it was that bloody preview programme again, guess not if other people are having problems! 

i'm not able to log in at all. which is kind of strange because i got an urge to play "the crew" which i've not played for probably a year. and when i want to play it i can't because i can't update it, maybe it's a sign. on a positive note got a text from my mum who was clearing out her garage and unearthed my old playstation, so i've been playing gran turismo 2, driver 2 and GTA 2 today :D

Reddit has lit up with people having issues - I had a hassle free afternoon on Halo so I guess it has just started?

Couldn't get onto live until about an hour ago. Even more annoying was not being able to sign a 2nd player in as a guest to player two older split screen games. 

Can

you really not have two people playing on the same Xbox if live is playing up?! 

That's so fucking backwards. 

Odd, was flawless over here today, was on battle front a lot.

My screwed up tiles are fine now, order stays as you set them. I've got this odd bug where someone who friended me shows up as an activity alert every time I (instant) power up.

6 hours ago, bignige said:

Couldn't get onto live until about an hour ago. Even more annoying was not being able to sign a 2nd player in as a guest to player two older split screen games. 

Can

you really not have two people playing on the same Xbox if live is playing up?! 

That's so fucking backwards. 

I think what you wanted to do was pick the "go offline" option in settings which would've prevented it trying to do live stuff but yeah that sounds a bit daft. There's no reason for a guest to be signed in to live it's not like they're unlocking achievements or anything.

• Upvote 1

I posted in the relevant thread but nobody bit - I have a code for the Gigantic beta if anybody fancies it.

Also, the ongoing Gears codes saga - I made another post on the relevant forum the other day and this is the current stock response they use before locking the threads:

Hey YoshiMax,

Looks like we've passed your information on before. We currently do not have an update in regards to this, but we can assure you it's still being looked into. Thank you for your patience

3 hours ago, Yoshimax said:

I posted in the relevant thread but nobody bit - I have a code for the Gigantic beta if anybody fancies it.

Also, the ongoing Gears codes saga - I made another post on the relevant forum the other day and this is the current stock response they use before locking the threads:

Thanks for the update on the gears situation. I've frankly given up because I likely wouldn't have had the time to play them all anytime soon but nevertheless, the whole thing has been a shambles. It's not like the codes that need to be generated are particularly valuable so I can't fathom why they're taking the long intensive and poor customer service road to this. 

21 minutes ago, Uzi Temp said:

Thanks for the update on the gears situation. I've frankly given up because I likely wouldn't have had the time to play them all anytime soon but nevertheless, the whole thing has been a shambles. It's not like the codes that need to be generated are particularly valuable so I can't fathom why they're taking the long intensive and poor customer service road to this. 

I've got them all now anyway after playing UE it was rough going back and the codes were just going to be given away here - my bigger concern is that access to the Gears4 beta is via the same route. I could do without them making a total clusterfuck of that.

More UK Devs struggling? Rebellion are launching Sniper Elite 4 as an ID@Xbox download only title later this year..

• Upvote 1

So is there a problem with the Gears of War codes? Still not got any of the originals other than 3 (which I got when it was free with gold), and no explanation as to why not.

Edit: Posted about it on the Xbox support forum, but I guess I'll be waiting a while.

I just started playing The Swapper after picking it up for a couple of quick a few weeks back, and am really enjoying it so far. Reminds me of the way I had to think when playing the Portal games. 

Loving the soundtrack in particular. And it looks great. Really atmospheric.

16 hours ago, Mr Ben said:

So is there a problem with the Gears of War codes? Still not got any of the originals other than 3 (which I got when it was free with gold), and no explanation as to why not.

Edit: Posted about it on the Xbox support forum, but I guess I'll be waiting a while.

Never received mine despite buying and playing it in November/December last year.  I posted on the Xbox support forums over a month ago and they said they were looking into it.

Only thing I can think that is an issue is that for some reason the code I bought from CDKEYS wasn't eligible for the promotion just a guess no one at MS ever got into contact. Already wasted to much time trying to sort this out now. Whole thing is a shambles TBH. In future unless the codes come packed in a box with the game not going to take these "promotions" seriously.  The only gears game I don't have now anyway is Judgement. That is supposed to be the weakest in the series on the 360 anyway. Would have been good to have a play though.

In the end paid £15 for my Gears Ultimate Editon so 50% cheaper than RRP so not that fussed. Probably my bad for buying a cheap key which is probably for a non-qualifying region for the promotion.  I would have been livid though if I'd spent £30 and had the expectation of getting the additional games. 

Deals With Gold - Life is Strange is £8

XBOX ONE

Killer Instinct: Jago (DLC) - $1 / £0.80 / 1€
 Life Is Strange - $2.50 / £2 / 2,50€
 Life Is Strange Complete Season (Episodes 1-5) (DLC) - $10 / £8 / 10€
 Life Is Strange Season Pass (Episodes 2-5) - $8.50 / £7 / 8,50€
 Line Of Defense Tactics - $13.39 / N/A in Europe
 Mad Max - $29.99 / £29.99 / 41,99€
 Nightmares From The Deep: The Cursed Heart - $6.69 / £5.35 / 6,69€
 Thief - $7.50 / £6 / 7,50€
 Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 - $30 / £25 / 30€
 Van Helsing: Arcane Mechanic (DLC) - $2.67 / £2.14 / 2,67€
 Van Helsing: Thaumaturge (DLC) - $2.67 / £2.14 / 2,67€
 White Night - $4.95 / £4.62 / 4,95€

XBOX 360

L.A. Noire - $7.49 / £4.99 / 7,49€
 Life Is Strange Season Pass (Episodes 2-5) (DLC) - $8.49 / £6.99 / 8,49€
 Max Payne 3 - $4.99 / £3.74 / 4,99€
 Prototype Biohazard Bundle - $19.99 / £11.99 / 15,99€
 Thief - $7.49 / £6.24 / 7,49€
 Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 - $20.09 / £13.39 / 20,09€
 Transformers: The Cybertron Experience - $19.99 / £11.99 / 15,99€

1 hour ago, ashmatuk said:

I preorderd Gears ultimate on the Xbox store and never got the codes. 

I've  seen that phrasing twice before on here. It might sound stupid of me to ask but did you play the game?

And people like ash will have date stamped achievements to show it too which anyone with access to profiles can see. Still clearly needs a csi level of several month long investigation before they are authorised to give out really old 360 game codes lol

• Upvote 1

Is anyone using the chatpad? Got a little issue where although the @ symbol is mapped to W, you actually have to press J to access it.

23 hours ago, ashmatuk said:

I preorderd Gears ultimate on the Xbox store and never got the codes.  Posted on the Xbox forum and heard nothing either.

Same here (though mine was a physical copy, but I too played some SP and MP).

I did get a response on the forum within 24hrs saying:

"We've passed your information along to the proper teams. They will investigate your eligibility for this offer and, if you qualify, you will receive an Xbox Live message with further details.

Thank you for posting! :)"

That was on the 24th Feb and still nothing, baaaaaaah!!!