rllmuk
mushashi

Xbox One Console Thread

The one you get with your console is a full Gold trial. The 48 hour freebies are "Live" trials. They let you play online but nothing else, so you can't use them to get gold exclusive discounts, GWG, etc.

• Upvote 1

It's odd though because every result I found on the entire Internet, including their FAQ (and I think the card itself implies it too) says you can't 'buy' them with that trial but you guys are right, and yeah, I spent a few hours on Sunset Overdrive last night.

What a great game, I am looking forward to being good enough to get into that awesome 'flow' state you get with certain games.

I didn't get on with Sunset Overdrive after getting it with GwG. It was always a game I wanted to get and I thought it would have an immense sense of speed, but after playing the first couple of missions, it felt so pedestrian. Yes I know to press RB to boost, but even then it seemed really slow. I want to bounce, grind, jump, shoot at a much faster pace.

It may well get better as the game progresses but the first few missions did not impress me. I'm willing to continue a bit to see if it gets better, anyone want to reassure me? (Or contradict me!)

You'll unlock the 'air dash' after a certain period and that'll improve the traversal speed. It's all quite progressive and starts off a little slow.

currently hanging with the Oxfords.

I love the water dash move, no sign of the air dash.

Also Buck National...

2 hours ago, *chin* said:

I didn't get on with Sunset Overdrive after getting it with GwG. It was always a game I wanted to get and I thought it would have an immense sense of speed, but after playing the first couple of missions, it felt so pedestrian. Yes I know to press RB to boost, but even then it seemed really slow. I want to bounce, grind, jump, shoot at a much faster pace.

It may well get better as the game progresses but the first few missions did not impress me. I'm willing to continue a bit to see if it gets better, anyone want to reassure me? (Or contradict me!)

Stick with it!

Traversal gets much better.

It's my fave Xbox One exclusive.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SeanR said:

currently hanging with the Oxfords.

I love the water dash move, no sign of the air dash.

Also Buck National...

You should get air dash soon. Couple more missions. 

I'm really enjoying this. Very crackdown like but with a bit of Tony Hawks pro skater 2 grinding thrown in. 

I went to save a video last night (the rather exhilarating finale in FH2) and just ended up being frustrated. First, I tried to save the video, games have done that since the year dot. Nope. Ok, got game DVR up, eventually got back into the game with DVR snapped and in focus so I could select start recording (very unintuitive, much prefer just hitting the share button on the PS4), only to find it records 5 minutes, not enough for this 15 minute race. Quick Google suggests upload studio is needed, so I get that, get back in game... 5 minutes. Studio only splices them together, like windows movie maker.

And if course, in my faffing about to get this working, I click off the replay (no warning) and the relay is lost anyway.

Really rather bloody frustrating.

Do you have Windows 10? The Xbox App is fantastic for that sort of thing. Game DVR is being updated to 15mins max iirc but I agree it's a clumsy app. 

What's the easiest way to do this different region thing to buy games? I want to get the division but it's so pricey.

Double tap the guide button the press Y (maybe X) to save. 

Then you can view it later. There are settings to choose length of recording too.

Always been that simple since I had mine 

3 minutes ago, King A said:

What's the easiest way to do this different region thing to buy games? I want to get the division but it's so pricey.

Download VyprVPN set it to the region you want to buy from.

Go the the page in the store for the game, change the region (at bottom of page) to the one you want.

In the card details part use an address for a McDonalds or something in that country, save and pay.

Turn off VyprVPN 

Done and dusted 

Tony you will need a Revolut card, I've never got it to work with anything else. 

It's cheapest on the Argentinian store. 

It's a virtual credit card. Because my credit card is registered to my home the Xbox site won't accept it when I say I live in an Argentinian hotel for example, so i use the Revolut one. 

You load it up with your debit card. 

Check here for the cheapes game prices -

http://www.digitalgamesprices.com/xboxone.php

Titular is your name 

Caduca is expiry date

nombre is house number

Ciudad is street

post code

• Upvote 1

Right hand side

Card number

Security code

Apelidos is surname

the next line of the address

Area/Province

Phone number

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, bradigorTEMP said:

Double tap the guide button the press Y (maybe X) to save. 

Then you can view it later. There are settings to choose length of recording too.

Always been that simple since I had mine 

But up to 5 minutes, right? I just wanted to start the recording when the replay started. I assume the method there dumps the last X time of video that's continuously recorded in the background?

@Pavey  @bradigorTEMP

It doesn't work. They took a 4$ argentinian out of my revolut app account to confirm. When trying to buy the full game it says "Your purchase can not be completed with this form of payment. Try a new or different form of payment."

I'll get the address I used, give me 5. 

You do have enough on the card?