Xbox One Console Thread

mushashi

Halo 5 servers went tits up at about 7pm for me after playing for hours no problem. 1 game away from ranking in Breakout as well. 

Live has been having its issues lately, which is a shame because people love stinking up this thread with negativity :eyebrows:

9 hours ago, TehStu said:

Interesting, didn't realize that. That's not the impression it gives, it just looks like the software is unstable, which isn't MS at all.

If some part of the service is down, the dash ought to say. 

it does but you need to go to network in settings to see. One thing I'd never seen before was in Halo it actually was showing on the MOTD when you launched it.

I was given a Gears Of War 3 code a while back whist waiting for my set of codes to  come through for playing GoW:UE.

I mentioned at the time that I would offer my GoW3 code up for grabs here when it arrived (if ever). It (finally) did. PM me anyone that wants it!

Just now, Pavey said:

Is anyone else still waiting for their Gears codes? I am, has been an age.

They will eventually come through have faith!!! :D I expected mine around December 2015 and they turned up end of March... :o

My Xbox has started playing up, it's really sluggish and pretty much everything throws up the 'xxx is taking too long to start' where xxx can be an app, a game, the account switcher when trying to change profile and even 'home' says it's taking too long to start on boot.

I tried a full shutdown and a format/restore and the 'home is taking too long to start' error occurred again when it rebooted.

I thought I would call Amazon to see if they could help, he didn't really want specific details of the issues and said it had been too since I bought the console - June 2015 - for a replacement so he said he would do a full refund and I could buy another one. He then emailed me some returns labels for the dodgy one. Fantastic customer service, especially as Dark Souls 3 is just out :)

FH2 recorded some game clips last night (more games should do this automatically for you). However, I went to share them, unsure if they're auto shared, and it wouldn't let me, some error. Network settings showed no service errors. 

Flaky.

On 4/9/2016 at 7:53 PM, jcafarley said:

The power supply on my Xbox One is really loud, it's audible in the room when the console is 'off' (in standby), I don't think that's normal.  It sounds like it's the fan running.

On 4/9/2016 at 7:57 PM, HarryBizzle said:

Mine does this and it's quite distracting. Apparently it's luck of the draw whether yours does or not. As a result, I never leave it in Instant On mode unless I'm downloading something.

I really miss the Xbox 360's ability to stay on to download something and then turn itself off.

Also in Instant On it's got a constant power draw of 12.5W which seems needlessly wasteful.

On 4/9/2016 at 8:10 PM, PhilG said:

Yeah this is normal. As HarryBizzle says it's entirely luck of the draw; I got mine exchanged by Amazon because the first made a loud, high-pitched whine as if it were about to explode. The replacement is still noisy, but only in instant-on mode'. The manufacturers of the two units were different, so it'll be a case of winning the cheap fan and transformer lottery combined with your own sensitivity to noise that determine whether you get a 'good' one.

I went through three PSUs for my day one console before finally getting one that was quiet enough to use Instant On.

My Elite is on its second PSU, although that's because the first one blew, not because it was noisy.

1 hour ago, TehStu said:

FH2 recorded some game clips last night (more games should do this automatically for you). However, I went to share them, unsure if they're auto shared, and it wouldn't let me, some error. Network settings showed no service errors. 

Flaky.

Yeah I'm not keen on the GameDVR app. I find the whole having to go in and tell it to save stuff or it'll end up getting deleted somewhat confusing, especially as I've owned the console for nearly a year and it hasn't deleted anything.

I find www.xboxdvr.com makes up for it, though. Great website. I just wish something like that was available on PS4.

On 15/04/2016 at 11:48 AM, HarryBizzle said:

Amazon have got Forza Horizon 2 for £17.97, too. Not as cheap as it was on Live last year but a decent price for people who missed it.

I've been meaning to pick that up for ages. Looking forward to getting stuck in.

Do you have a link? Seems to be £22 when I look.

Anyone else tried buying xbox 360 games on foreign stores and seeing if they work on xboxone?   I suspect that due to the way BC works it's a no go but figured I'd ask before I buy Left for Dead 2.  Half the price on russian store.  

27 minutes ago, rafaqat said:

Anyone else tried buying xbox 360 games on foreign stores and seeing if they work on xboxone?   I suspect that due to the way BC works it's a no go but figured I'd ask before I buy Left for Dead 2.  Half the price on russian store.  

Can't be done

I some how forgot that you need an internet connection to set up an xbox one. Mines been playing up not connecting wirelessly despite the fact that everything else in the house still works it just won't let me connect. And nothing's changed network wise and it's worked fine for months.

So I decided to factory reset the setting in one last hope to get it back online and now I can't do anything with it :rolleyes:

On 4/17/2016 at 6:15 PM, Yoshimax said:

If you do buy L4D Raf we should get a night of it - I have it installed.

Bought it.   I'm up for an evening of Zombie killing.

Interestingly because of the way the kids gameshare is set up I had to buy it on my sons account which is a teen account so I couldn't buy it on the website or on the xboxone.  Had to fire up the xbox 360 to do it.   I got my son to log in and find the store page while I went off and did some other stuff.  Came back to xbox 360 and bought the game, only to realise a few minutes after kicking off the download that he'd logged me into my account rather than his.  

Rang up XBox Support who without any fuss refunded me the money (said I would still own the game on my account), had a chat about how cool the game was with the support person on the other end and that was that. 

Teen accounts buying games on xboxone bug is known and is being looked at apparently.  

Bought the game on son's account. So now it's installed on all the xboxes in the house.  MS support nails it again.

4 minutes ago, rafaqat said:

Bought the game on son's account. So now it's installed on all the xboxes in the house.  MS support nails it again.

Yep. They're alright. I went to install a Windows app I bought in 2012 on my Surface. For some reason it was trying to make me buy it again. Live chat to them. £7 back in my account.

Rented a movie the other night. Subtitles wouldn't show. Live chat. Refund.

I finally got one of these and learning my way around. I have a quick question, I am using the 14 day gold trial but I was surprised that allowed me to download Sunset Overdrive (since trials supposedly don't get the GwG offer). It is currently running but Does anyone know if this actually works or will the game finish the install fine (slowly over my average Internet) but just not actually allow me to play unless I subscribe?

Which I will likely but apparently your subdoesn't kick in until after the trial is up.

Not that it matters too much but would be nice to have something to actually play on it tonight, as the pack in game is quantum break which won't have installed until tomorrow morning :D

Unless they've changed it since October (when I got mine) it will let you play it as long as it's a credit card trial.  For example if you go to sign up through the console and say no, it will offer you 30 days free if you put in your credit card details.