rllmuk
mushashi

Xbox One Console Thread

And people like ash will have date stamped achievements to show it too which anyone with access to profiles can see. Still clearly needs a csi level of several month long investigation before they are authorised to give out really old 360 game codes lol

• Upvote 1

Is anyone using the chatpad? Got a little issue where although the @ symbol is mapped to W, you actually have to press J to access it.

23 hours ago, ashmatuk said:

I preorderd Gears ultimate on the Xbox store and never got the codes.  Posted on the Xbox forum and heard nothing either.

Same here (though mine was a physical copy, but I too played some SP and MP).

I did get a response on the forum within 24hrs saying:

"We've passed your information along to the proper teams. They will investigate your eligibility for this offer and, if you qualify, you will receive an Xbox Live message with further details.

Thank you for posting! :)"

That was on the 24th Feb and still nothing, baaaaaaah!!!

Sometimes if I turn the Xbox on using the button on the front of your console my pad wont then pair with it. I need to shut the console down using the button the switch it back on with the pad. 

I'm not sure why you'd expect my console to pair with your pad. Although I'm concerned that you've been coming into my house.

• Upvote 4

My GoW codes were sent to my Xbox message account, though I could only read them through the Win 10 Xbox application and not from the Xbox dash. Have you checked there (or possibly via the phone app - no idea if that works).

Edit: no history in the app 

Posted an update regarding gears codes a day or two ago it's on the last page. The major concern is that this is how Gears4 beta access is going to work.

New dash update for preview members. Surprised that people wanted the snappable achievement app back so badly and so quickly I much prefer the new built in version

HOW TO GET IT:

• If your console is in Instant-On mode and you were selected to receive the update, it will download and install the update and reboot to standby.

• NOTE: Once the update is available to you (today a majority of Preview users will receive this update but a small group will not), you can manually begin the update by navigating to Settings > System and selecting System Update.

• If your console has been selected to receive the update and hasn’t downloaded and installed the update by 1:00AM PST 3/11/2016, you will be prompted to do so at that time.

DETAILS:

• OS version released: th2_xb_rel_1603.160306-1900

• Available: 6:00PM PST 3/9 (1:00AM GMT 10/3)

New Features:

• Achievements Snap App - Good news! The Achievements Snap app is coming back starting next week. We really appreciate the tons of feedback you’ve given us on removing the app. This situation is exactly what the Preview forum is for. When we make changes, we need your feedback on them before we send them out to the world. Thanks for helping make Xbox great! You can find more information here.

• Factory reset and keep games and apps - A new feature is now available for all of Preview which allows you to factory reset your console while keeping games and apps installed on your internal hard drive. To do this, navigate to Settings > System > Console info & updates > Reset console, and select Reset and keep my games & apps.

New Quest:

• Xbox Chatpad Deal - Give us feedback on purchasing Xbox One accessories from the dashboard in this new Quest accessible from the Xbox Preview Dashboard.

Controller Firmware Update:

• Xbox One Elite Controller - The Xbox One Elite Controller received a firmware update at the beginning of 1603. This update enables configuration of thumbstick sensitivity curves in the Xbox Accessories app.

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_early_access/update_preview/update_preview_forums/nxoe_1603/f/5601/t/2133834.aspx

(The link will only work for preview members).

Has anyone played White Night? Noticed it was on sale and I like the artstyle a lot, but the reviews seem pretty middling. 

So what does Xbox live gold get you that a standard account doesn't?

Mine has expired yet my lad is still playing multiplayer Minecraft with his mate from school. I was all set to pay the fee but I don't think I'll bother if the only difference is the games on gold.

1 hour ago, mdn2 said:

Has anyone played White Night? Noticed it was on sale and I like the artstyle a lot, but the reviews seem pretty middling. 

Yeah. It was pretty middling. The reviews were right.

It's in preview just now so probably the next consumer build I guess end of month? It's good having them there and I am hoping they're going to dump a load of games on it when it launches - people have reported L4D2 has been updating so it looks like that's ready to go.

The only thing I don't see just now is a dedicated section just for the 360 stuff but we are a few builds away from the end of the month yet.

27 minutes ago, Yoshimax said:

It's in preview just now so probably the next consumer build I guess end of month? It's good having them there and I am hoping they're going to dump a load of games on it when it launches - people have reported L4D2 has been updating so it looks like that's ready to go.

The only thing I don't see just now is a dedicated section just for the 360 stuff but we are a few builds away from the end of the month yet.

There is a section

RB to Games > Games Store > Then scroll down and it is after Most Played and before New Game Demos

BC-in-Store.thumb.png.11fe04e13a1a92f7e6

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, bradigorTEMP said:

There is a section

RB to Games > Games Store > Then scroll down and it is after Most Played and before New Game Demos

BC-in-Store.thumb.png.11fe04e13a1a92f7e6

I like this, but is it in preview build? Because I seemed to have lost even the New Game Demos section from the store, never mind having a backwards compatible section.

2 hours ago, mdn2 said:

Yes, didn't like it much - can be very disorientating and there are limited ways to deal with the baddies.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, *chin* said:

I like this, but is it in preview build? Because I seemed to have lost even the New Game Demos section from the store, never mind having a backwards compatible section.

Sorry yes, it is a preview build. Should have stated. 

36 minutes ago, Yoshimax said:

That's what I was thinking but it's been a bit quiet and I thought this would come under a major release.

2 hours ago, Bastion said:

I'm sure I paid for Destiny, a long time ago. Why is it saying I have to start in a trial mode?

Edit: oh, they lock out old players who don't pay for the expansion pack. What a disgusting way to treat people who've bought your game. Suck my dick, Bungie. This shouldn't be legal.

You can still play Destiny if you own it, you just get the original story and raid - loads of the content is gone outside that tho as the game mechanics changed significantly with Taken King.

42 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

You can still play Destiny if you own it, you just get the original story and raid - loads of the content is gone outside that tho as the game mechanics changed significantly with Taken King.

And theres the problem. They have blocked some content in the original game if you don't spend extra money getting the expansions. Very shitty.

• Upvote 3

So, as someone who's never played Destiny at all: they've locked content which was previously accessible unless you buy an expansion? That's awful. Why wasn't this a big thing?

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, King A said:

And theres the problem. They have blocked some content in the original game if you don't spend extra money getting the expansions. Very shitty.

I don't believe this is true though. All the original game is available to people that didn't buy TTK. What you can't do is access the modified endgame versions of the old content (Nightfalls and so on) because you're no longer at the endgame. But all the old missions, all the old strikes, the old Raid, and PvP is all available.

so I could pick up destiny (non-ttk) cheap on either platform and have the same experience?

asking for a friend...