Xbox One Console Thread

Nope, it's very rarely turned on, it does seem to randomly download and install stuff though, FIFA 16 has downloaded and installed at least 3 times

Are you sure that two of those three downloads aren't FIFA 14 and FIFA 15?

Might be your privacy settings?

To clarify when you take a screenshot it'll post straight to the activity feed.

I took a quick look before work and it seemed like all my permissions for sharing or social are to allow unrestricted access. I went through the process again and still no luck, so it might not be that.

I Google searched for the issue and it's not widely reported but lots of people are mentioning that the Share option is not there and sometimes, randomly or after a period of time, the Share options then appears on the menu view.

Are these xbox take a screenshot (double tap home >press Y) pictures or Forza 6 photo mode pictures ?

The former should post directly to your friend's list activity feed unless you've restricted sharing with social media. The latter you can view theough the Forza Hub or got to http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/log in and open your gallery.

Thanks very much for the link Boozy, I was able to extract the one picture I shared on Forza but the screenshots not affiliated or taken in Forza 6 are still not shareable. :(

yes.

How it works,

After signing in both profiles to each machine,you designate each others xbox as your own.So his is your xbox and vice versa. It's only an option on the dash not a physical thing. Once that's done each box will automatically download any content bought by either of you and make it available to both yourselves and anyone else who's profiles are signed in on each box.

Hence half price / free games depending on how you organise it.

In order to game share one of you will have to set the other as your home console which can be found in console settings.

It happened by pure accident with a mate of mine. He logged into his Live account on my console before owning one himself. When he finally bought one (Titanfall bundle) I suddenly had a copy of Titanfall begin downloading. It had automatically assumed that my console was his home console as this was the first console his Live account was used on.

yes.

How it works,

After signing in both profiles to each machine,you designate each others xbox as your own.So his is your xbox and vice versa. It's only an option on the dash not a physical thing. Once that's done each box will automatically download any content bought by either of you and make it available to both yourselves and anyone else who's profiles are signed in on each box.

Hence half price / free games depending on how you organise it.

Cheers

I took a quick look before work and it seemed like all my permissions for sharing or social are to allow unrestricted access. I went through the process again and still no luck, so it might not be that.

I Google searched for the issue and it's not widely reported but lots of people are mentioning that the Share option is not there and sometimes, randomly or after a period of time, the Share options then appears on the menu view.

Thanks very much for the link Boozy, I was able to extract the one picture I shared on Forza but the screenshots not affiliated or taken in Forza 6 are still not shareable. :(

My games and apps > apps > settings > Privacy & Online safety > Custom > See your game clips & screenshots > Share your content with social networks

Check the last two , options are Everybody, friends or block, there's a chance you set the social networking one to block in the initial setup.

Hope that sorts it out.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, pretty much. I ordered it before there was a price in place, and when they finally added one it was £79.99. Of course, once it hit the news they actually adjusted my price UPWARDS to £129.99, rather than cancelling the order outright and then didn't inform me of the change.

I got in touch with them and explained that by adjusting the price of the order upwards they were undermining their own pre-order price guarantee. After all, if they did it once there's nothing stopping them from adjusting the price of another pre-order without warning, and without notification.

They adjusted the price back after that. Now I order all my games from Simply anyway.

• Upvote 1

My games and apps > apps > settings > Privacy & Online safety > Custom > See your game clips & screenshots > Share your content with social networks

Check the last two , options are Everybody, friends or block, there's a chance you set the social networking one to block in the initial setup.

Hope that sorts it out.

Thanks Boozy, I'll check when I get home tonight.

Shedload of horror games on sale this week for Gold Members (who would have thunk?), plus Titanfall for obvious other reasons.

State of decay - year one survival edition £12

Titanfall Deluxe edition £6

Resident Evil £12.

Slender: the arrival £4

PvZ garden warfare £12

Zombie Driver £4

Zombi £10

Outlast: bundle of terror £12

Costume Quest 2 £4

The evil within digital bundle £21

White Night £5

All prices rounded to the nearest £.

• Upvote 4

Ohh might have stab at White Night.

What was the consensus off people who actually played Evil Within in the end?

Its ok, very old school play mechanics and controls/camera can be finicky. I played up to a certain point, some kind of underground tomb place got bored and put it down to play other games (which I don't usually do). Will go back and complete some day.
  • Upvote 1

Found White Night to be painfully slow and sparse, even by survival horror standards. Looks the business, though.

I found it very stylish but extremely frustrating.

Wow, I saw it for sale for £12 and thought it was a bargain then! Do you know how much it is for us mere mortals?

£24 base price.

• Upvote 1