Xbox One Console Thread

In the buying research I've done, the Halo 5 Guardians special edition console is described as having a code with it. I believe the console comes out a week before the game, so you can pre-load it. I suppose other bundles may differ, but I haven't seen an official one that does.

Installed new dash tonight. Must be a later version because it works a treat. Trying to figure out what I should be up in arms about but it's all just working (a lot faster). Not seeing the adverts or any of that shit. Seems a simple go right / go down grid affair. Dare I say it's not that different apart from being so much quicker? RT and you're all over your pins or G&A.

The speed with which your FL etc is populated is amazing now. Banish those spinny circles - also noticed I have more than one thing installing simultaneously - not sure about that on my shit connection I prefer the "one at a time" method of old.

New dash woes - can't connect to XBL, text showing up as symbols, no apps working, no games loading, can't send feedback.

Bugger.

I currently have the same problem as well. I've manage to get a work around by disconnecting the internet connection in the settings (even though it shows as working "all good") and then connecting again. Quite a pain though as I'm having to do this every time I boot up the console.

My mates xbo just turned itself off twice yesterday in the middle of doing something. I'm not jumping in until the official release I think, I've heard too many negatives

Yup I'm going to hold off too. With Halo 5 just around the corner it's just too much of a bloody risk. When's the official release?

Anyone use the skype app on the XB? It's pretty poor IMHO. Have a few conversations going on skype through my phone/tablet when skype loads on the XB it takes an age to sync the messages... so long in fact I just quit it and give up. Also not sure how well it would run when snapped in playing a game... not tried that yet. Might just be me though...

My mates xbo just turned itself off twice yesterday in the middle of doing something. I'm not jumping in until the official release I think, I've heard too many negatives

Mine switched off 4 times in one day a few days back.

Yesterday I also had been getting the tv randomly changing channel, as if I'm telling the kinect to change it.

I hope this is a glitch/mistake but I noticed the prices of some digital titles have gone up by a fiver this morning:

Halo 5: £49.99 from £44.99

Rise of the Tomb Raider: £49.99 from £44.99

Pretty shitty move.

Not great. However I was under the impression that £50 was the standard price of AAA digital games? Makes sense though MS getting as much money as it can from those wanting it quick as possible... In the end if the price is not acceptable just don't but it. But people will. And MS (and Sony) will continue to charge as much as they can.

I believe that digital stores have to charge the RRP for games (so to allow fair competition with everyone else) so that is why they are set at £49.99 for example. However the online retailers invariably always charge less than RRP so the digital store prices always look inflated. That is what I have heard anyway.

Why I never bother and just buy the disk releases. Although I do like the convenience of having the game digitally not when it costs nearly £10 extra for the privilege and I can't actually sell it on when should I want to when I am done with it...

Not great. However I was under the impression that £50 was the standard price of AAA digital games? Makes sense though MS getting as much money as it can from those wanting it quick as possible... In the end if the price is not acceptable just don't but it. But people will. And MS (and Sony) will continue to charge as much as they can.

I believe that digital stores have to charge the RRP for games (so to allow fair competition with everyone else) so that is why they are set at £49.99 for example. However the online retailers invariably always charge less than RRP so the digital store prices always look inflated. That is what I have heard anyway.

Why I never bother and just buy the disk releases. Although I do like the convenience of having the game digitally not when it costs nearly £10 extra for the privilege and I can't actually sell it on when should I want to when I am done with it...

There's no standard price... just what publishers want to charge. As Revival says, if it's deliberate it's a poor show to hike the price up closer to release and most people probably won't notice/realise its been done. And there's no requirement that I know of for digital stores to charge a specific price; only whatever weird agreements continue to exist between publishers and retailers.

Logically digital should cost less because the costs are lower (distribution, manufacture) and there's no middleman. The inability to trade in or sell on digital games should be justification enough for comparatively lower pricing - retailers get to retain the secondhand option that's denied to digital, and on the street impulse purchasing.

Has anyone else had problems connecting the XBox One via wireless? Mine's been fine since I got it in February but since moving to a new place (shared with two other lodgers) my XBox kept dropping connection throughout an evening for the first month and now it won't connect at all. I go to connection settings and it finds the wireless broadband signal just fine, I try to connect to it and I get asked for a password, it thinks for a moment and then tells me it cannot connect. The last thing I was going to try is take the XBox downstairs and connect it via ethernet. Maybe that will sort the problem

I've set up my old Xbox 360 and that seems to be connecting without problems as does my phone and tablet. (I should add that my destop computer also loses the wireless connection if it goes into sleep mode and needs a complete reboot before it connects again but is solid if I stay connected).