rllmuk
mushashi

Xbox One Console Thread

I was invited to preview programme a while ago but the message vanished before I used it.

Can some kind friend invite me... I have a fair few of you on my friends list I think ClipperUK34

ta

I was sent two GOW codes. On the off chance that they're not sending them to everyone (or you can't be arsed signing up :) ) PM me if you want a code.

I was sent two as well but clicked on first and it didnt work so make sure you have a working one before giving the other away :)

No cross save for Elite Dangerous and you have to play through the tutorial before they let you into the game. Bah, I'm sure it's great for people without a PC but I just wanted to be able to continue my game.

No cross save for Elite Dangerous and you have to play through the tutorial before they let you into the game. Bah, I'm sure it's great for people without a PC but I just wanted to be able to continue my game.

You don't. I only had the tutorial available in the 60 minute trial but as soon as I upgraded the main game was available to start. Seems like the trial only has the tutorial.

I'm still waiting impatiently for my invite to the preview after nige invited me last night. How does it work? Am I waiting for an email or will the message show up on smartglass or is it only on the console itself?

Can't wait to try some of those BC games.

Would be grateful for an invite please. Gamertag: MrDark123

Someone from here has helped me before but couldn't get the preview message to come up for me. Really interested in the backwards compatibility and upcoming Windows 10 streaming shenanigans.

Gah! Still no Gears beta code despite registering right away last night :(

If you played 1-3 and judgement you didn't need to register. It's just a complete fuckup. I'm gutted.

I'm still waiting impatiently for my invite to the preview after nige invited me last night. How does it work? Am I waiting for an email or will the message show up on smartglass or is it only on the console itself?

I honestly can't remember! I think you initially access it via an app, so a message via Xbox / smart glass is most likely. BC is very good. I like how any xbla titles just show up in your ready to install panel.

Still waiting for gears beta, but while doing so am playing battleblock theatre and installing perfect dark, toy soldiers, defense grid, alien hominid and a world of keflings. Excellent! also if anyone wants to be invited still to the preview program add me on the box and I'll send some out later, gt in sig

I don't know what MS criteria are but being invited doesn't automatically mean you get in for some reason. If you're accepted you receive a message visible on the console and xbox.com which allows you to download the Preview app.

You run the Preview app, accept the terms and then wait up to 72 hours for them to push a dashboard update down to you. I received my invite on Sunday, downloaded the Preview app yesterday and got the dashboard update at lunchtime today.

Same here. Cross your fingers!

If you played 1-3 and judgement you didn't need to register. It's just a complete fuckup. I'm gutted.

Jaysus. I was so psyched yesterday when they said the beta was going live for a week; it'll probably be half done by the time we get codes.

Still waiting for gears beta, but while doing so am playing battleblock theatre and installing perfect dark, toy soldiers, defense grid, alien hominid and a world of keflings. Excellent! also if anyone wants to be invited still to the preview program add me on the box and I'll send some out later, gt in sig

You are on my friends list already... any chance of an invite ;)

ta

I wonder if the BC stuff means they might give us access to older Live Arcade games. I've a fair few I'd love to bring over.

I'm hoping they do too, spent an absolute ton of cash on them and really miss playing many of them

• Upvote 1

i think its around christmas time? i'm sending out some invites now to people that have posted so i'll shoot you one

I have your friend request Cheers dude where do I find the link to download the preview thingy?

Jaysus. I was so psyched yesterday when they said the beta was going live for a week; it'll probably be half done by the time we get codes.

If they don't extend the end date now I'll be amazed. I've fired the first "you fucked it 343 style" salvo at them on Twitter and the forums.

I've had the token to pre-load the beta, which is crawling along on a 150mb fibre connection. Apparently up to 24 hours for the unlock code.

We'll see...