rllmuk
mushashi

Xbox One Console Thread

I wonder how it will work. If it's another software update later today or via an app. I'm already in the beta and had an is update last night.

Just tried mass effect, no dice yet.

can't seem to access the preview program app atm, keep getting an error message, i assume it's getting hammered right now.

backwards compatability said it'll be available "later today" i think.

will send out preview program invites to everyone when i can!

Bit strange to see so many Rare titles there in the initial selection given they want to flog the compilation in August?

Best news on the Rare collection was Blast Corps, been wanting to play through it again fo rmany years, but compatability in emulators is always terrible for some reason and the N64 looks nasty on an LCD, so this is excellent news, and now with added achivement points :)

Those Platinum medals were always a nightmare to get, think I had 3 left when I originally owned it, see if I can't get 100% this time round though .

Wait, backwards compatibility? Where did that come from?

How does one get into this preview program?

Wait, backwards compatibility? Where did that come from?

How does one get into this preview program?

Apparently, posting you gamertag might garner you an invite. eg:

EatingSeanR

Where to start ?

Firstly it wasn't the "Playstation killer" I'd hoped for.

It was a competent presentation with a distinct lack of cringe. The expected announcements were as expected and largely underwhelming with what was shown. Halo, Tomb Raider, Fable, Gears and admittedly even FM6 failed to impress in the way MS possibly expected them to.

Possibly due to the nature of the footage shown, possibly due to gameplay replacing last years CGI fests. Possibly due to high expectations or just keeping stuff back for the marketers to drip feed the media between now and release. Maybe more info over the next few days will elevate the hype levels.

BC on first seeing it I was tempted to post this...

EO4PwH3.gif

.... but it turns out to be very early days so BC is a great addition but I'll be waiting a while before it's as big a deal as the announcement wants you to believe.

As for the new stuff, Rare collection and Massively Multiplayer Monkey Island are probably the highlights by quite a distance. I hope the collection games play well and have at least had a minimal amount of work done on them to make them functional especially the older N64 & speccy stuff.

The new pad might get bought but it's not something I think I need as I've no issue with the current one.

TLDR : It was awright.

• Upvote 2

If anyone adds me 'grande nige' to their friends list I can chuck out some Xbox preview invites for the next 20 mins.

• Upvote 3

Are Microsoft reading this thread? Why do people keep posting Gamer tags?

I'm jonnyalpha send me a preview please.

Sent you a request nige.

Hi Jonny, preview invite sent to you.

I'm not sure if it's instant or takes a while though.

• Upvote 2

If anyone adds me 'grande nige' to their friends list I can chuck out some Xbox preview invites for the next 20 mins.

Added. Would you mind chucking me an invite? Cheers!