mushashi

Xbox One Console Thread

I was requested to add this Google spreadsheet for people to share their gamer tags:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EHykfNx3wKSen3j64cCP2Bgr9tusBPtPXkitPAPAMxM/edit?usp=sharing

Fixing a 'Bricked' Console (Green boot up screen, then hangs at black)

Your console is not bricked you are fine.

No need for the USB recovery either - since the 1603 build you can self recover via this cool method

Try this:

Hold down the power button on the front of your Xbox One console until it fully powers down, unplug the power cord, and wait 30 seconds. Please note the console must be fully powered down; the next steps will not work if the console is powered on from connected standby.

Plug the power cord back in.

PRESS the POWER Button then Hold down the Bind button (located on the side of the console next to the USB port) and the Eject button (located on the front of the console next to the optical disc slot), continue holding down Bind and Eject until you hear a second “power up” chime.

Then SELECT Reset this Xbox - This Troubleshooter takes the User to a page that allows them to select full reset or reset but keep content (this allows you to keep your installed games and settings!)

Buying games from other regions

On Tuesday May 21st, well mark the beginning of a new generation of games, TV and entertainment. On that day, well be holding a special press event on the Xbox campus and we invite you to join us via the live global stream that will be available on Xbox LIVE and Xbox.com. If you are in the US or Canada, you can also watch the broadcast on Spike TV.

On that day, well share our vision for Xbox, and give you a real taste of the future. Then, 19-days later at the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) in Los Angeles, well continue the conversation and showcase our full lineup of blockbuster games.

We are thrilled to pull back the curtain and reveal what weve been working on.

Original Post:

Some patent stuff has been found which gives some probable insight into what people can expect from the next Microsoft home console.

http://appft1.uspto....ndo&RS=nintendo

ztEel.jpg
D5BZr.jpg

7XH4F.jpg

Of course all this maybe as outdated as the last set of internal documents about Durango, or Yukon as it seemed to be called back then, but most of it fits with known rumours about this mythical beast.

Update 21/1/2013, Final Specs for Durango:

2ncSEBs.jpg

CPU:

- x64 Architecture
- 8 CPU cores running at 1.6 gigahertz (GHz)
- each CPU thread has its own 32 KB L1 instruction cache and 32 KB L1 data cache
- each module of four CPU cores has a 2 MB L2 cache resulting in a total of 4 MB of L2 cache
- each core has one fully independent hardware thread with no shared execution resources
- each hardware thread can issue two instructions per clock

GPU:

- custom D3D11.1 class 800-MHz graphics processor
- 12 shader cores providing a total of 768 threads
- each thread can perform one scalar multiplication and addition operation (MADD) per clock cycle
- at peak performance, the GPU can effectively issue 1.2 trillion floating-point operations per second
High-fidelity Natural User Interface (NUI) sensor is always present

Storage and Memory:

- 8 gigabyte (GB) of RAM DDR3 (68 GB/s)
- 32 MB of fast embedded SRAM (ESRAM) (102 GB/s)
- from the GPUs perspective the bandwidths of system memory and ESRAM are parallel providing combined peak bandwidth of 170 GB/sec.
- Hard drive is always present
- 50 GB 6x Blu-ray Disc drive

Networking:

- Gigabit Ethernet
- Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi Direct

Hardware Accelerators:

- Move engines
- Image, video, and audio codecs
- Kinect multichannel echo cancellation (MEC) hardware
- Cryptography engines for encryption and decryption, and hashing

http://www.vgleaks.c...rango-unveiled/

• Upvote 3

ARM or x86 @ 2Ghz ?

Just a slight performance differential between those two...

Any chance/reason that it might be an ARM/x86 hybrid?

I think it is fake, the way Xbox Live is written is not in compliance with the Microsoft guidelines. The official spelling is (or was, perhaps the guidelines were changed recently) Xbox LIVE.

3792628018_9882148d7c_o.jpg

D5BZr.jpg

It is literally just a PC now. It'll run windows 8 with the same core that the desktop/mobile Win 8 runs too, I bet. You'll probably even download the same packages for Xbox/PC when you download an XBLA game from the Xbox store bit of Windows 8. Master Race on a monthly contract! Sweet.

Arm for low power background stuff or media?

You can get a quad core Ivy Bridge chip that uses less than 35W (at full chat, and with integrated graphics). That would utterly curbstomp even a 8 core ARM design. I don't see the value of using ARM for a non mobile console at all.

I'm pretty sure those images are from the really old leaked document. Only the trademark stuff in the first post is new.

I'm pretty sure those images are from the really old leaked document. Only the trademark stuff in the first post is new.

Yeah, there's no reason this couldn't have been posted in the next gen thread. There's very little new here.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I felt that thread was all over the place and the Durango deserved a dedicated thread, the Wii U has one, and the other one is becoming meandering (well that is a trademark of discussion on RLLMUK though :P), the last time I had to bloody use search to update it too, the title should make this one easier to find and keep it Xbox only.

It's probably fine to have a specific 'next gen xbox' thread now that the rumour mill is churning.

Sure, but do we need two?

Quentyn on NeoGAF dug up some other patents the same Microsoft hardware group filed, Kinect and Glasses related:

http://worldwide.esp...OC&locale=en_EP

http://worldwide.esp...OC&locale=en_EP

us201201740385ekh3.jpg

glassesjqkxl.jpg

More evidence that the internal Microsoft document wasn't just made up.

Also, somebody over at Beyond3D talked to the person selling the Durango dev kit, he still has it, and gave some vague answers about the current tech specs, which are in keeping with the current rumours (or maybe they all originate from the leaked Microsoft document in the first place :P)

Anyways when I asked him if he could give me any durango specs, he said quote "I cant just leak the specs haha" (Acert 93 response LOL). Anyways in pressing on, he seemed to say he couldnt get the specs right now anyway cause his laptop is broken (per his twitter). Not sure what his laptop has to do with the specs. When I asked if it has 8GB RAM, He says he seems to remember it will have 4-8GB RAM in the final. He seemed to lean 4 (which is contrary to BG's info I know). I said he must have an older kit. He said it's the only one they have out and that "beta isn't coming for agggeeees" (interesting info there, we may not get durango spec updates for a while then). So then I said odd since I thought it was hitting in late 13. He said it is holiday 13. He said it's 8 64 bit cores (did not specifically address whether x86, but i presume). I finally got around to the GPU, the coup de grace. I asked if it was "pretty powerful", (this was like my 3rd attempt to get something about the GPU mind you) his exact words "eh, it's okay". I have no idea what that means but it doesnt sound great, but jives perfectly with what we're hearing.

4GB RAM

8-core CPU

GPU power in the same range as the Yukon roadmap.

Christmas 2013 launch

The complete Microsoft leaked document in case anybody wants to have a look at it:

http://forum.beyond3...ead.php?t=62038

Microsoft confirmed the document was legit when they started getting takedown notices sent to web sites hosting it.

Or it's total bollocks and they don't want people thinking they're making such a load of toss.