mushashi

Xbox One Console Thread

Nope, Killer Instinct 3, Jet Force Gemini 2 and Halo 2 HD Remix as launch titles is my guess.

Not Kameo: Linear Kinect RPG and Grabbed by the Ghoulies: SOMEONE BUY IT THIS TIME?

With Remedy praising the new hardware and saying it's massive leap, I think Alan Wake 2 is a given. A new Forza as well probably, as Turn 10 isn't on the new one for the 360. I'm also expecting a new exclusive IP from Epic, probably something inspired by the Samaritan demo.

With Remedy praising the new hardware and saying it's massive leap, I think Alan Wake 2 is a given. A new Forza as well probably, as Turn 10 isn't on the new one for the 360. I'm also expecting a new exclusive IP from Epic, probably something inspired by the Samaritan demo.

In all seriousness, if Alan Wake 2 is in, then I'm there day one. The rest is just a bonus.

Nope, I'll buy a WiiU and a PS4 'day one' as well.

Actually, probably 'day minus two' because I know a guy who sells me stuff early in exchange for me buying stuff from his crappy shop. :wub:

I'll be interested to see what tack they take with the launch. If there's not enough "hardcore" in their lineup I might hang back. It could be the end of console gaming for me.

Halo 2 remake (as in Black Mesa style remake) with Kinnect 2 pick up and drop multiplayer level editor, Alan Wake 2 using kinnect 2 for no reason and stupid tacked on deathmatch mode, and some Forza shite using headtracking from within the car view. Love from Microsoft.

Honestly not to be on the cynical side, but I doubt they'd care if the first year of hardware sucks balls again.

edit: In the 360's case, more like 3.

Honestly not to be on the cynical side, but I doubt they'd care if the first year of hardware sucks balls again.

What? Of course they care, it must have cost them an absolute fortune.

It's in MS own interests to have reliable hardware.

• Upvote 1

Get out of town, they'd be crazy to not be making sure the hardware is sound. IF they released a broken system (and sold a load of extra, presumably loss making systems as a result) they'd guarantee a wait and see on their next hardware, have loads of service centre issues, returns, blah blah blah.

Also, for all the extra systems they sold they still had the sales figures to be the top selling multi platform console so they can't all have been to the same 5 people.

Because Microsoft lost out? They sold tonnes of consoles, often several to the same user and got the full advantage of being first to market.

They had to replace or fix lots of consoles and offer free extended warranties which left them out of pocket during a time they weren't making a profit on the 360, so selling more to the same users wouldn't help.

I'm pretty sure they would, given that the RROD fiasco cost them over $1 billion.

Potentially more damaging would be the public perception, though. Microsoft lucked out this generation by Sony completely ballsing up the launch of the PS3, whereas widespread reliability issues could severely stunt the next Xbox's growth if there's an otherwise comparable alternative available. I don't think it's a scenario they're going to want to risk.

I just came in here to post that, and spotted my stupid double post from weeks ago and deleted it.

At least they bothered to check the hardware this time instead of slamming it all out of the door without doing any proper quality control :lol:

The X360 cooling problems stemmed in a large part from them insisting on a certain form factor first and then trying to stuff the parts inside said form factor, instead of doing the sensible thing and designing the form factor and cooling solution around your chosen parts, IIRC the original X360 cooler cost very little, something which they then spent a whole load of money regretting.

This report seems more about yield and other problems with the APU.

The RRoD fiasco cost MS a shitload of money, you can pretty much guarantee that they'll make damn sure the 720 is unbelievably reliable this time around. If you know anything about MS, know that they like to make a healthy profit on their products.

Their success this gen overall offset the faults at the beginning. Whilst sure, they wouldn't want to lose money, even 1billion is pocket change to them, because this is, gasp, Microsoft.

I'm just predicting arrogance, Sony style. I'm also assuming Sony doesn't actually have much to combat with games-wise, no matter how lovely the PS4 looks, they've lost a lot of the western market this gen AND they're not doing that great financially themselves.

Microsoft meanwhile, are Microsoft. The biggest disadvantage will be if we're told to all eat Windows 8 as the OS, but most of the market won't care.

Edit: People should already be weary on their hardware efforts, as someone that had 4 consoles replaced myself and a disc scratched, that's enough to question their ability, thank you very much.

Edit 2: But due to the amount they then revisioned the system via HDMI ports and then the slim design, they simply washed off most of the bad will due to this gen being fairly stuck with 360 if you wanted 'most' of the best games. That won't happen again thanks to Steam. Here's to the Steam Console happening.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2