mushashi

Xbox One Console Thread

On 26/12/2018 at 17:52, rafaqat said:

Balls.  Just bought some Brazillian Xbox Credit and tried to redeem it on the Brazilian Ms Store. Got a CurrencyMismatch error and a refusal to redeem.  Had this on some US credit a while back but figured I was ok with Brazilian since I had some credit on there already.  Bah!   Anyone else had this and managed to fix or am I going to have to sell it on?

I just change my region on the phone app and redeem through there. Doesn't seem to cause any issues.

xbox-jan19.png.a3682b07617171feeb232d43b90707fe.png

Happy 2019!

The January Game Pass titles should be announced in a few hours and I'll update if there's any new games.

Jan 04 - Legendary Eleven

Jan 07 - Absolver [Free with Game Pass]

Jan 10 - ACA NeoGeo - Kizuna Encounter: Super Tag Battle
Jan 10 - ACA NeoGeo - Ragnagard
Jan 10 - Aftercharge [Free with Game Pass]

Jan 11 - Hitman HD Enhanced collection
Jan 11 - Hive Jump
Jan 11 - Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition
Jan 11 - Void Vikings
Jan 15 - Onimusha Warlords
Jan 15 - Realm Royale
Jan 15 - Smoke and Sacrifice
Jan 15 - The Grand Tour game

Jan 15 - The Walking Dead: The Final Season - Episode 3 - Broken Toy

Jan 16 - Planet RIX-13

Jan 17 - ACA NeoGeo - Ninja Master's

Jan 17 - Hell Warders
Jan 18 - Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown

Jan 18 - Alvastia Chronicles

Jan 18 - Farm Together

Jan 18 - Guacamelee! 2

Jan 18 - Mulletman and the Molemen
Jan 22 - At Sundown: Shots in the Dark
Jan 23 - Gang Beasts

Jan 23 - Heroes Trials

Jan 23 - The Walking Vegetables: Radical Edition
Jan 25 - Resident Evil 2

Jan 25 - Steamroll
Jan 29 - Genesis Alpha One
Jan 29 - Kingdom Hearts III

• Upvote 7

17 hours ago, Fletch said:

So I just saw that Retroarch is supposedly heading to xbox one in 2019. Is this some kind of bull or will it really be possible to run emulators on my xbox as that would be awesome. 

https://m.hexus.net/gaming/news/xbox/125732-retroarch-emulator-will-arrive-xbox-one-early-2019/

17 hours ago, Hitcher said:

I call bullshit because we had to remove it from Kodi to get on the Xbox Store.

It's coming, it just won't be on the store. You'll need to enable developer mode on the Xbox and side load it. It's been done before with smaller emulators etc.

2 hours ago, Mr Tony said:

It's coming, it just won't be on the store. You'll need to enable developer mode on the Xbox and side load it. It's been done before with smaller emulators etc.

In a very limited capacity then.

28 minutes ago, Hitcher said:

In a very limited capacity then.

Isn't it something like limited access to RAM & processor? So pretty much not taking advantage of they system.

Awesome January for games. Resident Evil 2 and Onimusha are must haves for me and I’m curious to hear what Ace Combat is like. 

Has anyone tried Movies Anywhere on the Xbox x and if so does it allow all UK  iTunes movie purchases to link up. 

Also how good / bad is Kodi on the Xbox. 

Xboxdvr.com is now available as an app for IOS and Android, which should make it a little easier for anybody wanting to post videos and screenshots while using a phone or tablet. Links: Android and IOS

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, SteveH said:

Xboxdvr.com is now available as an app for IOS and Android, which should make it a little easier for anybody wanting to post videos and screenshots while using a phone or tablet. Links: Android and IOS

Is that a brand new app? When I tried it a few months ago it just didn't work.

47 minutes ago, Pob said:

Is that a brand new app? When I tried it a few months ago it just didn't work.

From what I have read on Reddit, and also a couple of websites, yeah it is supposed to be a brand new app

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Boozy The Clown said:

RIP Xbox One

I watched that, it's a load of bollocks. By that rationale the PS4 is on its way out also. I mean these consoles are gonna be superseded anyway within the next 2 years, but for now the S and PS4 Slim are both excellent entry level consoles, couple an S with Game Pass and it's easily the most affordable way of joining the current gen and playing the latest releases. 

I like DF but that was disappointing.

I've just bought an S for my daughter's birthday.  It's mostly for Minecraft, but what's the cheapest way to buy Gold and gamepass these days?

Edit: oh, and sites to purchase digital codes for games?

On 05/01/2019 at 15:08, Stanley said:

I watched that, it's a load of bollocks. By that rationale the PS4 is on its way out also. I mean these consoles are gonna be superseded anyway within the next 2 years, but for now the S and PS4 Slim are both excellent entry level consoles, couple an S with Game Pass and it's easily the most affordable way of joining the current gen and playing the latest releases. 

I like DF but that was disappointing.

They make some perfectly reasonable points about the OG One via the PS4. And Microsoft has had so much good press about the X, its only fair to to take a wider look at whats going on with their hardware. The OG One isnt going to cut it for the next two years if thats how long we are going to wait for new hardware. Its a bit of an odd situation, with the X so far ahead of everything else.

Actually the S is a slightly more enhanced version of the original OG Xbox One, but it depends what you want. If all you're looking for is a cheaper entry level console to play the latest games then it's perfectly fine. 

if you got xbox one x you can wait a year to buy next generation xbox after release . Only question will there be xbox next generation console X / Pro or there will be only one model for whole generation. As we now have 4K/8K TV now. 

Weird question but I just checked to see when my Xbox Live sub runs out as it's been a while since I renewed.

30/11/18 apparently so it should have run out, but I've still got it as I'm online pretty much every night on Sea of Thieves and my son plays Fortnite too.

How on earth am I still accessing it? No No-one else has access, no-one else has signed in on it so I'm mystified as to how I'm still able to access Gold! Any ideas?

On 06/01/2019 at 10:55, Stanley said:

Actually the S is a slightly more enhanced version of the original OG Xbox One, but it depends what you want. If all you're looking for is a cheaper entry level console to play the latest games then it's perfectly fine. 

Yeah, I'm just fine on an OG XB1. I'm torn... I've quashed my desire for an X, because I don't get enough gaming time to justify the expense, but I'd really like a UHD drive. However, if I get an S, I'd keep my Forza 6 edition OG upstairs. And I'll probably cave and get the Next Xbox on launch, and suddenly I'm swimming in Xboxes. 

I should be hyper sensible and just wait, not like we can't watch the Blu Ray discs until we have a UHD to use.