mushashi

Xbox One Console Thread (s4Kiro)

15 hours ago, SteveH said:

Join the preview program, they added it with the last update.

Be nice if they could add something that means this bloody console doesn’t need to be reset every five to ten minutes. It feels like half this thread is telling people how to do a hard reset. 

1 hour ago, Karzee said:

What could be the issue here? Are games beginning to come out now that must be online to install?

Does being offline also mean you never update the firmware? I would haul the Xbox over to whatever internet connection is nearby and update it first.

• Upvote 2

That's a good idea, Mr Gerbick, I'll take it to a mate''s tomorrow and try that. 

I only bought Res Evil 2 three weeks ago and that installed fine.

20 hours ago, Wiper said:

Yep, courtesy of one of that compilation's achievements. One of my favourite games in that (excellent) collection, though I'm a little sad they only included the NES version. Whatever the case, it's a game I have very fond memories of playing with a friend back in junior school, and it holds up surprisingly well (moreso than most Rare games of the era, in fact).

Did you ever play the equally excellent 2d gameboy version?

I did not! I'm not sure how much I'd enjoy it as a side-on platformer, but watching that footage I'm impressed at how similar in feel snake movement and physics are.

17 hours ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Does being offline also mean you never update the firmware? I would haul the Xbox over to whatever internet connection is nearby and update it first.

It worked! Updated the XBOX and both games installed just fine. Cheers!

• Upvote 7

36 minutes ago, Karzee said:

It worked! Updated the XBOX and both games installed just fine. Cheers!

Glad to hear it! :D Figured it could be an issue if you were on a really old firmware.

29 minutes ago, Mr Do 71 said:

On my iPad when going to that link, I get an option to goto either USA or UK stores.

I can go to the us store in the browser but the link to buy on that page then opens the uk store in an app.

EDIT:  This is on a desktop running windows 10 sorry.  Might try changing the region of the console and buy through there.

EDIT 2:   Got it on the mobile site as that doesn't redirect to the Windows App store.

FINAL EDIT:  I had to change the region on my xbox to start the download.

SkyBox Labs, co-developer of the upcoming Halo Infinite, has unveiled its own game, Stela. A "cinematic platformer' about a young woman bearing witness to the last days of a strange, ancient world, Stela sees you facing "daunting challenges" and "treacherous terrain", as you explore the game's dying lands.

You'll also have huge beasts to contend with, as well as a variety of elaborate environmental puzzles and dangers that you'll have to creep past under the cover of muted landscapes. Set to an original soundtrack, you'll make your way through mysterious small towns, haunting forests, and cavernous underground ruins.

"Our focus was to create beautiful 3D atmospheres with depth and scale while remaining as true to the cinematic platformer genre as possible," says SkyBox Labs co-founder Shyang Kong. "We’re extremely proud of our work developing partner titles like Halo Infinite and Minecraft Bedrock Edition on Nintendo Switch, and we’re eager to bring that level of craftsmanship to a touching new experience."

Stela will be coming to Xbox One and PC later in 2019

• Upvote 3

On 11/03/2019 at 19:46, mdn2 said:

That controller is hideous. It just looks filthy. 

is it transparent, or just a graphic?

After weeks of my Scorpio dying regularly and sounding like a leaf blower I did somethign about it today and dismantled it and put new Thermal paste on, look at the bloody state of the old one, it was like lumpy dust, not paste at all and almost entirely squeezed out around the processor.
Its a bit of a scary process but was well worth it.
FcunvUq.png

NBWVvbS.png

M2CwDoE.png

sHjPNoN.png

RElXewz.png

• Upvote 7

Trailmakers is out next week on the 22nd [Friday] via Game Preview, Flashbulb games comprise of ex Press Play staff.

The early access PC preview has been very well received so should be worth a go.

54 minutes ago, mechamonkey said:

not paste at all

Is it supposed to be actual paste? It's been a decade since I was up to my eyeballs in Arctic Silver, but I thought thermal paste did this naturally? I mean, perhaps they've put too much on, because under clamping pressure it's always going to fan out.

Whatever happened to that top-down Pilotwingslike game where you're a postie, flying around delivering packages and what not? It looked really nice and I believe it was announced at an XBOX event.

My one x is starting to get really load and it’s switched itself off twice when playing Devil May Cry due to overheating. I’m tempted to send it back for repair but I don’t want to be without for Sekiro. Does anyone know how much the repairs cost with MS and what the turnaround time normally is? 

30 minutes ago, Fargo said:

My one x is starting to get really load and it’s switched itself off twice when playing Devil May Cry due to overheating. I’m tempted to send it back for repair but I don’t want to be without for Sekiro. Does anyone know how much the repairs cost with MS and what the turnaround time normally is? 

I'd go to the retailer for a swap, not ask microsoft for a repair. 

3 minutes ago, Wahwah* said:

I'd go to the retailer for a swap, not ask microsoft for a repair. 

It's outside the 12 month warranty unfortunately