Slender - Free little horror game

Moz

Is this an emperor's new clothes thing? I love getting scared at games, and was ready to be scared by this, but it had no effect on me at all :(

You're a braver man than me. :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-f9BsEvqig&feature=youtu.be&a

I love horror games but I'm a massive wimp. I only finished Amnesia because I muted it halfway through. On the other hand, horror movies don't bother me at all.

@nifta. I only got to the third page before I wimped out so I can't say yet but nothing actually happened that scared me. It was more the feeling that something frightening was inevitably going to happen.

Yeah, the first few pages it seems he's programmed to just keep his distance, once you pick up that fourth page the forboding music kicks in and then he starts properly terrorising you. When you get the fifth page it's just a matter of time until he's in your face. I've yet to get more than five pages, I dread to think what happens when you're running around with seven of them, :(

Part 4 is the worst, 17 minutes of hideous tension. Even him shouting 'don't come up me ass or in me face' can't shake the fear.

This one is good too. Any mukkers brave enough to record their playthrough?

They should port this to the ARMA engine. 200 square miles of countryside and coastline to rifle through. Slenderman tracking you every step. The constant fear of tripping over a pebble and breaking both legs! I'm serious, it'd be terrifying.

I probably only get this vibe because of the Slenderman being the source material but is this based on Marble Hornets in anyway? I've not made it all the way through the content for that thing, I managed about five minutes with this. I got some wierd crackling stuff going on on the screen then my phone notification sound went off and I thought "fuck that!" and closed it down :lol:

With the mere swapping of one letter, you could be getting chased by a dude with blenders for hands. Another pointless observation from me, there.

How does this compare to the usual 'chased in the woods by some dude you can't hurt' type of game? For some reason I've lost all interest in horror titles after Amnesia - which was extremely well done and gets a recommendation from me - so I haven't tried this yet even though it's free.