Football Thread 2012/13

Danster

What a completely pointless last substitution by Hodgson in tonight's game. Take off a left back and bring on another, that will change the game and see us score a goal. :facepalm:

Did anyone else notice Ray Lewington constantly barking orders in the technical area all game whilst Hodgson just sat muttering words under his hand - so no one could hear what he was saying anyway! :facepalm:

And yes, piss off ITV and Adrian Chiles. I hate ITV sport's coverage.

tonight has shown we still obviously dont need rooney

If we had him playing where Cleverly was playing, I would have expected a win from the game. I didn't think Oxalade-Chamberlain had a particularly good game in midfield either (was that where he was playing). The disallowed goal made quite a difference as it was 'scored' fairly early on and I still cannot really see what Defoe did that was that wrong - if anything, the Ukraine player was fouling him and he was just trying to break free. It was still pretty poor though. I saw the replay of the 'handball' on the news this morning and it obviously hit the defender's elbow but if England conceded that, there would have been outrage amongst the pundits. A point was lucky. In this group, England just have to not lose against the Ukraine and win every other game to qualify. I don't think the Ukraine will match our goals scored tally come the end.

ITV is the England channel for the year :facepalm:

Today, after 23 years the documents regarding the events that happened at Hillsborough are officially disclosed. Hoping with all my heart that the families of the 96 and those that were affected by events that fateful day can finally start to to lay to rest the ghosts and that justice can finally happen.

What justice though? Only three things can been portrayed as justice as far as I can see:

1] make it so a Hillsborough can never happen again. The Taylor report saw to it that that happened twenty years ago.

2] apology from the government and/or compensation for the families who were affected.

3] name of some police officer who can be used as a scapegoat and have his life made hell by tossers.

I assume #2 will have to happen at some point, but will that be seen as enough by the people of Liverpool?

Today, after 23 years the documents regarding the events that happened at Hillsborough are officially disclosed. Hoping with all my heart that the families of the 96 and those that were affected by events that fateful day can finally start to to lay to rest the ghosts and that justice can finally happen.

Mate, I'd keep this in the Liverpool thread as its asking for trouble (see post above mine), we aren't the most popular team here.

Edit: this seems to have served its purpose, Negs are water off a ducks back.

Mate, I'd keep this in the Liverpool thread as its asking for trouble (see post above mine), we aren't the most popular team here.

But Hillsborough is about more than a set of football supporters. That's always been one of the points communicated and why it should matter to more than just those who post in the LFC thread.

As I understand it, the families are having the documents revealed to them now (public will see later)

Luke Traynor ‏@LTraynorMirror

Being told revelations are monumental. Families have stood up and applauded the panel in cathedral

Edit: this seems to have served its purpose, Negs are water off a ducks back.

Is that why you came back to check how many negs it had?

It seems the hand shake shenanigans of last season might be back as reports that Anton Ferdinand will not shake hands with Terry or Cole when the teams meet this weekend.

Has Terry has his FA hearing yet - did they do it when everyone was watching the Olympics or are they waiting until after Brazil 2014??

I think the FA wanted to wait until after John Terry took part in the Olympics bus parade the other day.

They now just need to check if Andy Murray has got anything planned that of course Terry would need to attend, otherwise the hearing has been pencilled in for next Friday.