Football Thread 2012/13

Danster

Spurs are going to struggle this year despite nabbing Liverpool's transfer targets, losing Modric will hurt them, i always seen him as instrumental in their success over the last few seasons. Levy screwed up selling him too late and not giving AVB the time to find an adequate replacement, they put all their hope into signing Moutinho who was like 'Spurs? lol, no way!' so they ended up panic buying Dempsey.

Their squad is unbalanced. Def needed Moutinho (god only knows why they didn't want Sahin in exchange for Modric).

Losing Modric an VDV means a lot of creativity has gone out the door and neither Adebayor nor Defoe can be trusted to score all that regularly. Bad summer Lloris and Dembele apart for them. Not sure why they (and Levy) have been lauded for the summer while Liverpool slagged off - I don't think you'll finish too far apart from each other (or Newcastle) with none of you in the top four. Guess it depends whether AVB or Rodgers clicks first (Rodgers should have much less insane pressure from the press for no reason).

What's amazing is that Spurs bought all those players and still played lumbering Huddlestone who got sent off. The guy is a liability.

Boos around White Hart Lane at the final whistle. Classy. :lol:

Their squad is unbalanced. Def needed Moutinho (god only knows why they didn't want Sahin in exchange for Modric).

Losing Modric an VDV means a lot of creativity has gone out the door and neither Adebayor nor Defoe can be trusted to score all that regularly. Bad summer Lloris and Dembele apart for them. Not sure why they (and Levy) have been lauded for the summer while Liverpool slagged off - I don't think you'll finish too far apart from each other (or Newcastle) with none of you in the top four. Guess it depends whether AVB or Rodgers clicks first (Rodgers should have much less insane pressure from the press for no reason).

Didn't see the game. But... Sigurdsson?

City looking every bit as comfortable as I expected them to. Fuck knows what Hughes think he's doing picking SWP ahead of Hoilett... But on the plus side we don't look a complete shambles. We might even be level if Rodwell's finishing was a bit better.

A shit Troll appears!

Spurs in crisis! They'd better buy some more players! PANIC!

What's it going to be like for them after another load of signings and yet they'll still finish below arsenal!?

What's amazing is that Spurs bought all those players and still played lumbering Huddlestone who got sent off. The guy is a liability.

Boos around White Hart Lane at the final whistle. Classy. :lol:

Dempsey for a reported £6 million is a bit of a bargain, but I've got a feeling he'll struggle at Spurs if he's just going to be a rotation player. He likes to come deep, or float around the front line wherever he pleases and I'm not sure he'll be allowed that luxury at a club where he's not the key player.

Dempsey for a reported £6 million is a bit of a bargain, but I've got a feeling he'll struggle at Spurs if he's just going to be a rotation player. He likes to come deep, or float around the front line wherever he pleases and I'm not sure he'll be allowed that luxury at a club where he's not the key player.

Don't see where he fits in. Looks like a total panic buy after Levy wouldn't give Moutinho what he wanted.

Spork you only ever post when i do. I know you're probably like obsessed with me or something but it's pretty pathetic.

Why would you bother to do that, are you alright?

Spork you only ever post when i do. I know you're probably like obsessed with me or something but it's pretty pathetic.

Why would you bother to do that, are you alright?

Stop posting such shitty troll posts and I won't reply to you. Problem solved :hat:

Stop posting such shitty troll posts and I won't reply to you. Problem solved :hat:

You reply to anything I post at all, about anything, and turn it into a Liverpool is shit post.

It's transparent and pathetic, and you're being a bit stalkery. Grow up son.

It wasn't a problem with Moutinho, AVB confirmed he agreed terms. The club's been after a striker/wide goalscorer all window, that's where Dempsey fits in.

How come he didn't come, ran out of time? Pity wanted to see him in the prem and AVB to succeed.

He totally strikes me as a 'big fish in a small pond' sort. A good player, and one who had a freakish season last time around, but I really can't see him excelling in a team with top six expectations. Think he might end up regretting not staying put - for football reasons at least.