Football Thread 2012/13

Danster

Clearly Liamness has never managed in La Liga on Football Manager. Always read the small print or cunting Madrid will be nicking that Armenian diamond in the rough you uncovered playing for Sporting Yerevan United Athletic CDF FC for about 50p after you spent 5 seasons developing him.

Once the fees been met Fulham have no say, completely down to the player.

Exactly. It happened to Plymouth when Wolves put a £1.5m bid in for Sylvan Ebanks-Blake. We'd bought him from Man Utd reserves for £250k a season prior to this and gave him an entire season of Championship football. Wolves put in a bid, Sylvan went to talk to Wolves who were going to triple his wages and the deal was done and he was off.

Dembele, for me, is one of the most improved players in the Premier League and that £15m release clause probably looked way over the top when they signed him but he's an exceptional player; I wouldn't be surprised if Arsenal matched the bid and he stayed in London or Manchester United offered him ludicrous wages - both of them need this type of player.

One of those agents in the know on Twitter says that Chelsea have signed Falcao.

Hey Guys,

I am writing to tell you that, no, I am not a 'Football Agent' or 'ITK.' I am infact an 18 year old and I have been fooling all of you gullible idiots with my fake stories for the past 2 months.

I started out when I was bored one evening and I never once thought that I could get 43k followers. I feel my twitter experience has been very successful with some of my 'Stories' even trending 5th in the world. I'm proud to say that I haven't had even one transfer scoop in my time yet people still say im more reliable than Sky Sports News and the BBC. Laughable.

Some of my personal highlights were the Kaka and Falcao stories which were completely made up. The Daily Mail even wrote an article based on my Kaka tweets and the 2 journalists who wrote it were following me. The Falcao story was possibly my favourite. Last night it was trending worldwide for over an hour and for over 3 hours in Spain and in the UK.

Another fascinating thing about my time on twitter was how some top respected journalists believed my rubbish and even used me as a news source.

Whilst I am here I can also point out there is no such thing as an ITK or Agent on twitter, anyone with an IQ in double figures would realise this. @Agent_NCP , @EPL_Source and @Agent_ITK are all just poor versions of myself who would be nothing without begging me for shoutouts. @Backpage is another clown who stole my fake stories everyday and passed them off as their own.

Im not sorry for wasting everybody's time, you should have realised I was a fake when I got all of my stories wrong and deleted countless tweets. I still cant believe that, I, personally have been trending in Manchester, Leeds, Ireland, Nigeria and South Africa. Perhaps I do feel a bit sorry for the guy who got 'Falcao 20' printed on his Chelsea top.

I have really enjoyed my time on twitter, especially winding up Everton and Tottenham fans on a daily basis. You idiots must have realised I was a fake when I linked your team with every player possible in the hope that one move would happen.

My time has now come to and end and I hope to enjoy the last few days of the transfer window without making up rumours myself. Thank you to whoever followed me and retweeted my garbage, it was really appreciated. Goodbye Everyone

Regards, @FootballAgent49 (The Boss)

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/j322tm

LOL

Also, what an idiot for spunking his load so early. The guy had the world's ear. The least he could have done was come up with some truly outrageous rumours to see if he could get them in print. Thierry Henry to Croydon. Ronaldo to be sold and replaced with Fat Ronaldo. David Bentley to Fulham.

£8 million for Jordan Rhodes.

The Day Football Died.

Seriously, that's insane. The price tags on marginally above-average strikers with a Brtish passport are mind-boggling. For £22 million you could have a dream strikeforce of Jordan Rhodes and Steven Fletcher. Scotland for World Cup 2014.

Huddersfield today...

scrooge_mcduck.jpg

Fee agreed, Fiorentina paid for him to come over for his medical and even say they've paid Man Utd their first transfer installment, then Berbatov fails to turn up, so Fiorentina tell him to do one. Reports in Italy say he's off to Juventus, but Fulham are sniffing around too it seems. No idea what's going on in Berbatov's head. What's wrong with Tuscany?

£8 million for Jordan Rhodes.

Well, according to the journalists who are closest to both clubs it's £8m guaranteed plus as much as £4m in add-ons. The lad's a born goalscorer and is a rare talent in the box but outside it you may as well be playing with ten men.. Still, if he scores the goals that take them up they'll see it as value for money. Amazed they matched our asking price to be honest.

A sad day (especially seeing him go to that joker Kean) but a fantastic deal for us, provided we've left enough time to get a couple of players in. Time to go shopping!

Well, according to the journalists who are closest to both clubs it's £8m guaranteed plus as much as £4m in add-ons. The lad's a born goalscorer and is a rare talent in the box but outside it you may as well be playing with ten men.. Still, if he scores the goals that take them up they'll see it as value for money. Amazed they matched our asking price to be honest.

A sad day (especially seeing him go to that joker Kean) but a fantastic deal for us, provided we've left enough time to get a couple of players in. Time to go shopping!

It would be a mad fee if one of the big boys were buying him - but 8 mil between Championship clubs is insane.

Although the BlueRedbirds have goone mental and we are now buying another midfield to replace our new midfield from earlier in the transfer window which replaced our new midfield from last season.

Depending on how you classify a couple of our players - the singing of Noone means we have 12-14 first team midfielders, but only 5 defenders??!!

And we are after Nicky Maynard - which would eb a good singing, but I assume West Ham will want their money back and more.

Promotion or oblivion for us. Losing 1 mil a month last season and we've almost doubled our squad size with players who are all on a lot of money.

Oh and Bellamy has possibly gone mad and quit!

It would be a mad fee if one of the big boys were buying him - but 8 mil between Championship clubs is insane.

It is, but then Matt Mills went between Championship clubs last year for £5m which seems more insane to me given the premium you pay for goalscorers and the facts that Rhodes is several years younger and a full international.

Also, isn't The Championship something like the fourth highest supported division in Europe? When you consider that, it's almost surprising that we don't see more big fees.

It is, but then Matt Mills went between Championship clubs last year for £5m which seems more insane to me given the premium you pay for goalscorers and the fact that Rhodes is several years younger and a full international.

Also, isn't The Championship something like the fourth highest supported division in Europe? When you consider that, it's almost surprising that we don't see more big fees.

The fee for Mills was insane especially considering he is complete shit.