Football Thread 2012/13

Danster

Sadly its all about the money these days and I think some teams have forgotten it is supposed to be entertainment at the end of the day.

To be fair, no it's not supposed to be entertainment. It's supposed to be sport, and sport is about maximising your outcome.

Sunderland, maybe incorrectly, judged that to be 1 point, which they got.

Looks interesting. I wonder if it'll be as 'warts and all' as that QPR one or if it'll be more of a PR exercise.

It's by the guy who created the HBO 24/7 documentaries (NHL Road to the Winter Classic and the boxing ones) so I am expecting it to a solid watch.

Even longer than that. The mid-90s Kappa monstrosities are still an all-time low...

1997-1998%20fc%20barcelona%20away.jpg

They had the misfortune to be wearing something very similar to that when they won the European Cup for the first time in 1992 at Wembley:

FINAL_WEMBLEY_1992_-_CELEBRACIx_GOL.jpg

Of course they changed back at the first available opportunity.

FINAL_WEMBLEY_1992_x5x.jpg

Good to see Football Weekly agreeing how overweight, awful, and as an undertone that he doesn't care much anymore, Rooney is.

The guy is pretty much a disgrace how he's being so blasé with his talent. Doesnt give a toss about the Man U fans or England at all. It's all about him.

Massively glad he's out of the England games, as Woy doesn't have the balls to drop him.

As I've continued to say we need to learn to play without him because he does nothing but sabotage us.

Good to see Football Weekly agreeing how overweight, awful, and as an undertone that he doesn't care much anymore, Rooney is.

The guy is pretty much a disgrace how he's being so blasé with his talent. Doesnt give a toss about the Man U fans or England at all. It's all about him.

Massively glad he's out of the England games, as Woy doesn't have the balls to drop him.

As I've continued to say we need to learn to play without him because he does nothing but sabotage us.

So man city did sign him last time.

Hmm, even though I'm no fan of his, I've always thought he wants to play football for the fun of playing more than many other players. I read that Saturday was the first time he's ever been dropped for non-tactical reasons though, so perhaps things have changed.

Hmm, even though I'm no fan of his, I've always thought he wants to play football for the fun of playing more than many other players. I read that Saturday was the first time he's ever been dropped for non-tactical reasons though, so perhaps things have changed.

Well he got dropped last year for having a night out (only a meal though). I think he just needs a bit of a kick up the arse to focus better. fwiw I can't see him leaving at all, he just started from the bench so it's another have a pop at Rooney week.

He joined Atletico Madrid last year for €47m, scored 27 times in 36 games, and so now they're selling him for €37m.

Seems legit.

Atletico are massively in debt aren't they? Isn't it record amounts for a club that are not Champions League.

http://swissramble.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/Atletico%20Madrid

There is a price to pay for being one of the worst run clubs in Europe, as evidenced by Atlético’s massive debts, which stood at a barely credible €514 million in June 2011, around €62 million higher than the previous year. Notable items included €215 million owed to tax authorities (net €167 million after deducting tax debtors), €77 million to financial institutions, €55 million for transfer fees and €52 million to staff. Importantly, much of this debt (€278 million) is short-term in nature, placing even more pressure on Atlético’s finances.

This is the third highest debt in La Liga, only surpassed by Real Madrid €590 million and Barcelona €578 million, though both those clubs enjoy significantly higher revenue. This can be seen by looking at debt coverage, i.e. how much of the total debt is covered by annual revenue, which is around 80% in the case of the two Spanish giants, but a feeble 19% for Atlético.

He's got a release clause so they're not getting more than £15m. Doesn't stop other clubs matching it of course.

If more than one club matches it, surely it means that Fulham can hold out for a higher price? Unless Dembele has a preference for a particular club, of course.