rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Danster

Football Thread 2012/13

Marama Vahirua was a class above the rest of his side there, he was like a Polynesian Pirlo. A shame that Johnny Tehau didn't hit the target with his late header - how many people get to say they've gone to Brazil and got on the scoresheet three times?

I'd say Spain getting ten is just a question of whether or not they want to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuAVjLpU9cU

Ben Afrey, Seesee, Johan Kebab, Shola Anemobi, Goltierez :lol:

I also like how he includes Hartson in his list of bargain basement--->MASSIVE PROFIT signings when he signed him for £7.5m (huge money in those days) and he left two years later for practically nothing. He did do an amazing job back in his Wimbledon days though, I'm sure he didn't seem such a nutter back then.

Won't Spain just go 1-0 up after five minutes then proceed to pass the ball around and keep possession without having another shot on goal until the referee blows for full time?

I can honestly see Uruguay scoring more goals against Tahiti than Spain.

Kinnear also said he bought Krul even though he was at the club a couple of years before he arrived? :lol:

Starting to wonder if he's actually having a breakdown.

Newcastle have just confirmed him on a 3 year deal as well. With the statement saying Pardew and the head scout will report to him.

What'll come first, heart attack or relegation?!

EDIT: More likely Kinnear as manager.

Australia have qualified for the World Cup, having beaten Iran 1-0. South Korea or Iran will follow in the next two hours, with Korea needing only a draw. That draw wouldn't be bad for Iran either, as it'd mean Uzbekistan need a four goal win over Qatar to overhaul them.

EDIT: More likely Kinnear as manager.

"I would consider something like a director of football post. But I would do that for just one reason and that is to get myself back into full-time management. If I was a director of football and the manager was struggling and got the old tin-tack, I would tell them that I'd take over."

Guess Who, last year.

Iran have beaten South Korea 1-0 to qualify for the World Cup, and Korea follow them because Uzbekistan failed to win by 6 goals, instead registering only a 5-1 win against Qatar.

So the four Asian qualifiers are Japan, Australia, Iran and South Korea, and Uzbekistan will play off against either Oman or Jordan (who kick off in a couple of hours, with Jordan needing a win) for the right to face the fifth-best team in CONMEBOL. Chile, Uruguay, Venezuela and Peru are all likely opponents.

I bet Alan Pardew is sat with his solicitor now talking about constructive dismissal. Having said that, it worked really well when Dennis Wise was in that role.....oh.

Some heavily rumoured first day of the 2013/14 season fixtures:

Chelsea - Liverpool
Man U - Palace
Newcastle - Arsenal
Spurs - Man City
Probably bull but we'll find out 9 am tomorrow!