Football Thread 2012/13

Danster

Act like a little prick and lie ontop of the ball then deal with it.

Ballboys are always a bit cheeky like this though. I can't remember ever seeing a player react though, at least not with anything more than words. The only reason he was on top of the ball is because Hazard shoved him over anyway.

Hi. Your going to need to explain why you think that wasn't a sending off.

Didn't think you could get sent off for stuff against non-players, probably because I'm used to seeing Argentinian players hitting pitch invaders with advertising hoardings and carrying on playing.

Did you not see the bit where he polished his wing-tip and took a 40 yard run-up?

like a Roberto Carlos free kick?

having seen the gif, i'd say the ball was there to be won, he was entitled to go for it.

i can't wait to see what all the Cardiff fans in work make of this - it will have made their year. some of them would probably take a Swansea ballboy getting a hoofing over promotion.

Didn't think you could get sent off for stuff against non-players, probably because I'm used to seeing Argentinian players hitting pitch invaders with advertising hoardings and carrying on playing.

Violent conduct. I'm not sure it matters if it's a player, official, fan or ball boy.

Didn't one of the U-21's get sent off after a game for reacting to the fans shouting abuse during the racism trouble?

Official Chelsea Twitter feed continues the club's spectacular PR work with this effort: "Has football gone mad? Hazard is sent off for kicking the ball under a ball boy attempting to smother the ball rather than return it. #CFC"

I'm sure that ball boy gave an invisible card gesture at one point though.