Official Star Wars Thread - May the force be with you

gospvg

Disney need to be spending the time they have now with all these TV series setting up credible villains for films set 5 or 6 years  after TROS.

A new series of films wouldn’t  necessarily have to have any of the sequel characters in it, but I would be happy to see some of them return. 

I certainly hope they don’t leave too long before getting back to that era. 

On 09/01/2021 at 21:20, Welrain said:

what I meant was there was enough going on in the last film that it could easily have been a trilogy of its own. So many ideas chucked at the screen but not given time to breath or develop.  

That would be an absolutely shite trilogy of films, every idea in Rise was utter bollocks. 

I’m not at all surprised that they’re avoiding the sequel era after that third movie, where do you even go after dumping a shit that big on the screen? It not only failed to wrap up anything in a satisfactory way, it dead ended all the characters at the same time. I can’t imagine anyone wanting to even try to write something that follows or leads up to that, it’s just pointless. You set it before Rise of Skywalker and it’s leading to the worst ending possible, you set it afterwards and you’re in a world with terrible shite weighing it down. 

The only good thing about the state of the universe at the end of RoS is that it's basically a blank slate. There's no Republic, no First Order, no Empire, no Sith (that we know of) and maybe a handful of force users give or take an expanded universe. Disney could do whatever they like with that, although I'd rather see what they do with the High Republic for something completely new.

Poor old Disney.

:coffee: Hey, nerds seem to love this Game of Thrones stuff, let's make a song and dance about getting them to make a Star Wars.

~later~

:omg: Shit!

:coffee: Nevermind, those dorks on the internet sure seemed to like that Wonder Woman film, you know what to do.

~later~

:omg:Motherfucker!

6 hours ago, Harsin said:

Poor old Disney.

:coffee: Hey, nerds seem to love this Game of Thrones stuff, let's make a song and dance about getting them to make a Star Wars.

~later~

:omg: Shit!

:coffee: Nevermind, those dorks on the internet sure seemed to like that Wonder Woman film, you know what to do.

~later~

:omg:Motherfucker!

You forgot Jurassic World and Trevorow.

8 hours ago, Kevvy Metal said:

Benioff & Weiss left the Star Wars project for a Netflix deal. 

Joining a long line of creators who have left massive multi-movie franchises that will earn billions of dollars to the much lucrative Netflix machine.......

On 21/01/2021 at 00:53, Festoon said:

JJ "Fucking" Abrams

It was the one storyline from the old Expanded Universe that I didn't expect the new canon to use.... but they did!

On 12/01/2021 at 22:36, Broker said:

That would be an absolutely shite trilogy of films, every idea in Rise was utter bollocks. 

I’m not at all surprised that they’re avoiding the sequel era after that third movie, where do you even go after dumping a shit that big on the screen? It not only failed to wrap up anything in a satisfactory way, it dead ended all the characters at the same time. I can’t imagine anyone wanting to even try to write something that follows or leads up to that, it’s just pointless. You set it before Rise of Skywalker and it’s leading to the worst ending possible, you set it afterwards and you’re in a world with terrible shite weighing it down. 

Open credits would be fun though

5 years have passed...in a freak accident, everyone went back to exogul for some reason and it exploded and they’re all dead.

the only remaining Jedi is the little kid in ttj who used the force to pick up the broom.

(end)

25 minutes ago, JPL said:

Are you saying all girls/women are happy with the sequel trilogy?

Yes. All female viewers had identically positive opinions on all of Disney's Star Wars films.

6 hours ago, kensei said:

I see the rumour Disney is replacing the Sequel Trilogy is doing the rounds again. Why does Stars Wars seem to have its own version of QAnon? 

Yeah, I have been watching with glee. But figured you were sick of me saying the same thing! :lol:

I still don't think they'll get unwoke and cancel it. Probably just marginalise it, and brush it under the carpet. I heard a sad thing too. Kathleen Kennedy cut out a whole sequence of Rey fighting Darth Rey. It wasn't just a quick vision. Daisy Riddley was pissed because the scene alone took weeks to put together.

Is there any actor, new or old, that KK/Lucasfilm Story Group didn't piss off behind the scenes, in the sequel trilogy?

4 minutes ago, IcEBuRN said:

Yeah, I have been watching with glee. But figured you were sick of me saying the same thing! :lol:

I still don't think they'll get unwoke and cancel it. Probably just marginalise it, and brush it under the carpet. I heard a sad thing too. Kathleen Kennedy cut out a whole sequence of Rey fighting Darth Rey. It wasn't just a quick vision. Daisy Riddley was pissed because the scene alone took weeks to put together.

Is there any actor, new or old, that KK/Lucasfilm Story Group didn't piss off behind the scenes, in the sequel trilogy?

There is no chance they'll remake the sequel trilogy. The most they'll do is try and set it up better. These remake rumours are just angry people desperate for clicks. 

I'm sure that's mostly true. But Disney are paying attention to these particular youtubers and sites. *Because* they are gaining massive attention and traction. 

Solo bombed because it followed after that massive dump that was The Last Jedi (I thought Solo was forgettable, but fine), and the Rise of Sky Walker did a 3rd of the revenue of Force Awakens when it should be doing more. This, ultimately leading to a vocal portion of fans (read - the ones that buy all the expensive merch) aren't buying shit from the sequel trilogy. So Disney in the form of Mando, are looking for a course correction, and maybe deciding to actually listen to then fans, and not KK.