rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Rsdio

Football League Championship 2012/13 Official Thread

Well, this is quite neat:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/sheffield-wednesday-have-signed-striker-rodri-1270423

It's nice for Wednesday to be in a position where Barcelona (B) players are happy to join on loan. Fingers crossed he does well, but even if he doesn't it's a nice sign.

And he's got clearance so there's a chance we might see him in action tomorrow night. Final 20 mins when we're winning comfortably will do...

I can't cope with Wednesday. We've played 3 games and it's too much. Down 0-2 after the first half, win 4-2, down 2-1 after 90 minutes, draw 2-2. Up 2-0, then 2-1, then 3-2 and giving away a penalty in injury time with roughly enough time to get one more. We won, thankfully.

And he's got clearance so there's a chance we might see him in action tomorrow night. Final 20 mins when we're winning comfortably will do...

Yeah, you weren't totally right about that, were you? :)

(For the benefit of others - he was on the field from the start and scored on his debut)

I can't cope with Wednesday. We've played 3 games and it's too much. Down 0-2 after the first half, win 4-2, down 2-1 after 90 minutes, draw 2-2. Up 2-0, then 2-1, then 3-2 and giving away a penalty in injury time with roughly enough time to get one more. We won, thankfully.

(For the benefit of others - he was on the field from the start and scored on his debut)

I'll be heading up to Sheffield to see Millwall at Wednesday, but I am just thinking that we're going to get absolutely dicked on. Still, we won tonight. FUCK YEAH!

Fucking Forest. Hammer Huddersfield all game, only manage one goal, concede a soft penalty in the 94th minute and that's 1-1. Balls.

Poetic justice after the timewasting ;)

You were comfortably the better team overall and on that performance I'm sure you'll be up challenging for the playoffs at the very least but saying you hammered us all game is a bit strong I think. We didn't really turn up and looked horribly nervy in the first half (same old, same old at home to be honest) but we had the better of it for plenty of the second, especially after the goal. Both sides missed some great chances. Fuck knows how you didn't score in the first half, we barely seemed to want to challenge for the ball at times. One spell in particular we were pretty much begging you to score and you were doing everything but.

Penalty looked a stonewaller from where I was sat, it was obvious what Hunt was after but your lad proper fell for it. If you dive in like that and get nowhere near the ball it's gonna be given pretty much every time. The reactions of your players said a lot.

We desperately need another attacking option. We looked good against Cardiff but there's a lack of cutting edge and it's worrying that Grayson keeps persisting with Novak out on the wing.

Let's hope that's the first of many for Chopra this season.

According to Twitter the UK Sport drug testers were at the game last night, so two players from each side would have had a post-match wee into a plastic container...

:) More than happy to be proved wrong.

rodri_goal.gif

Flipping marvellous.

• Upvote 1

Wednesday are dangerouly close to having a strong squad this year. Can't remember the last time I looked at the bench and felt in any way confident.

Of course we'll lose to Millwall at home now we've all got an Owls fan's worst enemy: hope!

Wednesday are dangerouly close to having a strong squad this year. Can't remember the last time I looked at the bench and felt in any way confident.

Of course we'll lose to Millwall at home now we've all got an Owls fan's worst enemy: hope!

The one thing I like about playing London teams is that I get the other-team's coverage in the paper. The Evening Standard article about the match yesterday was really building Wednesday up. It tones down towards the end, but one point I was thinking it might have been written by David Hirst.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/jackett-eager-to-test-himself-against-the-rising-force-8076143.html

I'm living in London this year too, how many London teams are there in the Championship this year? Three? Four if you include Watford?

I'll have to remember to grab a copy of the Evening Standard when Wolves are down here.

Yeah. (Plus potential cup games, obviously.)

The football coverage in the Standard is the most inconsistent paper. Sometimes it is amazing, detailed, considered etc. But then it frequently veers to Andy Townsend ghost-writing Dinobot.

Very odd, but it's usually worth the price*. Usually.

*For people outside London...It's free.

Leicester were extremely unlucky to lose to Blackburn today, had two shots cleared off the line, a goal wrongly disallowed, and their first was highly dubious. Played some really nice stuff. The game against Blackpool next week should be a cracker.

Fuck sake, Wednesday. A nice dull 1-0 on Tuesday please. I'm too old for this shit.

We certainly make use of the full 90 minutes, don't we?!

Managed to video our winner - will see how it looks on the FL show, but from my footage it looks like we were offside from the initial free kick into the box

http://twitvid.com/B3XMO

Oh well. :)

• Upvote 1

Six.

SIX!

:omg:

And of course, as soon as Tom Ince has a good game, the Premiership clubs come sniffing round. Feel sorry for Blackpool if they do end up selling players before Friday's deadline.

We certainly make use of the full 90 minutes, don't we?!

Managed to video our winner - will see how it looks on the FL show, but from my footage it looks like we were offside from the initial free kick into the box

http://twitvid.com/B3XMO

Oh well. :)

Was never a free kick in the first place. The ref was awful for both teams. We got hurried in the 2nd half and our defending was poor for the 2nd & 3rd goals.

Fair play to Sheff Wed, but this form won't last long, but a great start for you so far in the Championship.

Nice to get our first win on the board. It sounded great, apparently dominated most of the game and no hint of a nailbiting finish for the first time in aeons. Of course it would've been different if I could've made it.. I've become convinced that I'm a jinx over the past few years.

Bit gutted that the BBC online highlights thing doesn't seem to be happening this season, it was great seeing a little bit more than you generally get on the Football League Show.

Wednesday are carrying on with their steady "at least 4 goals, preferably 5 or 6" approach to every game.

Hopefully we'll settle down a bit from now on.

Nice to get our first win on the board. It sounded great, apparently dominated most of the game and no hint of a nailbiting finish for the first time in aeons. Of course it would've been different if I could've made it.. I've become convinced that I'm a jinx over the past few years.

Bit gutted that the BBC online highlights thing doesn't seem to be happening this season, it was great seeing a little bit more than you generally get on the Football League Show.

Highlights are generally online from late Monday, Football League show on iPlayer Sunday morning

Not sure if the highlights are any longer than the BBC show as I never watch the program but Sky usually show some action on their website as well.

http://www1.skysports.com/footballleague/championship

Highlights are generally online from late Monday

That's how it used to be, yeah. Not this season though. It's part of their cost-cutting I believe.

Not sure if the highlights are any longer than the BBC show as I never watch the program but Sky usually show some action on their website as well.

http://www1.skysport...ue/championship

Last week it only showed our goals on there but this week it shows a few more highlights. Hopefully it'll carry on like that!