Gender Diversity / Politics in games (was Tropes Vs. Women)

Unofficial Who

2 hours ago, Graham_S said:

Neg has to make do with the term for what you do when you see someone being an idiot on the Internet. And the term for when a man publicly disparages a woman. 

I don't see how that was deserving.

On 3/8/2016 at 7:24 PM, Alex W. said:

FemFreq is launching a new video series about accomplished but overlooked women in history.

https://www.seedandspark.com/studio/ordinary-women

It's interesting that Anita is asking for another 200k

Let's see now. Tropes Vs Women (the unfinished kickstarter project)

Has taken 3 years to create 5 videos and bought in around 752k with running costs of around 306k. 

As Feminist frequency is a non profit organisation, this would dictate that they have more than enough to create this new content. Also this is not taking into account the 20k Anita charges for speaking engagements. 

There are two possibilities:

1) Publically scrutinised non-profit organisation is misappropriating huge sums.

2) You are talking out of your arse.

I guess option 2 seems the most likely.

2 hours ago, rockstarjez said:

Has taken 3 years to create 5 videos and bought in around 752k with running costs of around 306k. 

As Feminist frequency is a non profit organisation, this would dictate that they have more than enough to create this new content. Also this is not taking into account the 20k Anita charges for speaking engagements. 

Jez, you only have to look at Feminist Frequency's Youtube channel to see she has produced far more than 5 videos in the last three years. 

You need to think about how reliable the places you are getting your information from are. Use your brain and eyes, and stop just parroting what internet trolls and haters tell you. 

13 hours ago, rockstarjez said:

It's interesting that a Neanderthal woman hater like yourself would be so invested in the finances of an organisation you've never contributed to and aren't interested in the output of. If you were misinformed it might be a bit sad, but as you've devoted yourself to fighting equality on Twitter I imagine there's not much chance of anyone communicating with you on this issue.

It's a real shame that you're so scared of women that you feel the need to attack attempts at discussing issues that effect them. I'm guessing there's a part of you that needs to feel like other people are intrinsically less important than you, which is a pattern for a surprisingly large number of fat, thick, boring white guys. I guess maybe if you stop being an utter cunt for too long you might find yourself considering why you constantly behave like such an utter cunt, and that's not going to be comfortable.

But yeah, keep posting information from Breitbart or whatever. Wouldn't want anyone mistaking you for a decent human being.

8 hours ago, Alex W. said:

If she used money from TvWiVG to do a new series they'd be moaning about her taking money away from that project, so it's kind of pointless to even get into that debate.

Not only that, it's against the Kickstarter terms to use the money for anything other than the stated project.

1 hour ago, Broker said:

It's interesting that a Neanderthal woman hater like yourself would be so invested in the finances of an organisation you've never contributed to and aren't interested in the output of. If you were misinformed it might be a bit sad, but as you've devoted yourself to fighting equality on Twitter I imagine there's not much chance of anyone communicating with you on this issue.

It's a real shame that you're so scared of women that you feel the need to attack attempts at discussing issues that effect them. I'm guessing there's a part of you that needs to feel like other people are intrinsically less important than you, which is a pattern for a surprisingly large number of fat, thick, boring white guys. I guess maybe if you stop being an utter cunt for too long you might find yourself considering why you constantly behave like such an utter cunt, and that's not going to be comfortable.

But yeah, keep posting information from Breitbart or whatever. Wouldn't want anyone mistaking you for a decent human being.

You really gain nothing from taking this line, please stop it. It just makes you look silly. No-one wants the thread to devolve into somewhat embarrassing insult trading.

What? Neg is allowed to shitpost the thread to death, Jez can roll in and post inflammatory lies whenever he wants but I'm the bad guy for calling him out on it? It's pretty obvious that nobody has the discipline to ignore them, as they both constantly get responses and now the plan is to just allow Jez to post whatever horrible shit he wants to without even challenging it? 

The chances of the thread ever returning to an interesting discussion about the topic died weeks of concern trolling by Neg ago. So you can write whatever condescending shit you like about it being "embarrassing", but in a discussion where your input appears to be agreeing with Neg that "it's not very nice to insult people" I'll take my chances thinking for myself thanks.

A big problem with the whole GG mess is that rational discussion died when it became clear that GG supporters were either unwilling or unable to engage in it, & couldn't debate the subject without resorting to circular & debunked arguments, that they refused to admit were circular & debunked, so we just ended up with a lot of frayed & lost tempers.

It has died down recently, mostly (I suspect) because people are just tired of it & are just ignoring the attempts at trolling, which I (also suspect) it exactly what comments like Jez's are.  Trying to get a reaction so they can laugh at it.

15 minutes ago, Broker said:

What? Neg is allowed to shitpost the thread to death, Jez can roll in and post inflammatory lies whenever he wants but I'm the bad guy for calling him out on it? It's pretty obvious that nobody has the discipline to ignore them, as they both constantly get responses and now the plan is to just allow Jez to post whatever horrible shit he wants to without even challenging it? 

The chances of the thread ever returning to an interesting discussion about the topic died weeks of concern trolling by Neg ago. So you can write whatever condescending shit you like about it being "embarrassing", but in a discussion where your input appears to be agreeing with Neg that "it's not very nice to insult people" I'll take my chances thinking for myself thanks.

Your post was reported, no others have been today.

The reason people like Neg and jez post here isn't to further or encourage debate. It's to piss people off and try to get a reaction. If you're actually interested in this thread and this topic it's up to you to be the bigger person and not rise to the bait, because when you do the thread goes to shit and you're giving dickheads like jez exactly what they're looking for. 

It's difficult, because I'm inclined to say that the thread benefits from there being a dissenting voice and no-one wants someone being banned because they have different opinions. The trouble with that is that it's, to put it mildly, a little bit idealistic given the quality of the dissenting voices the thread has received.